Weird things people say to you about Moz.

BUMP!

I was telling my co-worker that I was going to see Morrissey next month. He said, "I would have thought that Morrissey had retired to some sort of country home for former angst ridden, ambiguously gay pop stars. He, Michael Stipe and the guy from the Cure would be sitting around playing shuffleboard and moaning about how shitty they have it."

I had to :D but inside I was all :mad::rolleyes:
Greatest ambiguously gay trio ever.

My friend sent me a text the other day saying that E! had referred to Morrissey as "the Godfather of Emo"

:mad::tears:

He might well be the Godfather of Emo. It's possible. Don't be upset, though. Morrissey didn't want to foist this catastrophe on the world any more than the inventors of television wanted their work to one day result in the E! channel.

My fav is when people say i used to like the smiths back then! i saw morrissey on tv "hes looking old" lmao i nearly said to this person that is 47 can u show me a picture of u when u were 20 !

My mom said the WEIRDEST crap about Moz when we were going to see him.
"Does he have any friends? I would assume not..."
"He has so many weird sounds in the background of his music. Where does he find them?"
"I bet he wears the same cologne as Davey Havok"
THIS CAME OUT OF NOWHERE.

Then...she ended up loving him.

My sister the next day:
"Oh so you actually lived through the concert? You mean everyone doesn't slit their wrists and die?"
:mad:

My fav is when people say i used to like the smiths back then! i saw morrissey on tv "hes looking old" lmao i nearly said to this person that is 47 can u show me a picture of u when u were 20 !

My auntie (who's about 45) said that the other day but she may just get away with it as she doesn't look much different to when she was in her 20s. :p

When he was on The One Show, my mum told me 'I didn't know Morrissey was usually so friendly' :rolleyes:
And last night, my friend asked me 'Is Morrissey married, by the way?' I could only laugh...:lbf:

Last May 2007, before "El paso" concert, my friend and I were sneaking around the venue, then this young security guard asked us about Morrissey. he pointed at my T-Shirt and said "Pensé que era Juan Gabriel" ("I thought he was Juan Gabriel - a populary gay mexican artist -)
- Everybody in México loves and respects Juanga, but El Jefe Moz is sacred! so I didn't welcomed the comparation :lbf:

Last May 2007, before "El paso" concert, my friend and I were sneaking around the venue, then this young security guard asked us about Morrissey. he pointed at my T-Shirt and said "Pensé que era Juan Gabriel" ("I thought he was Juan Gabriel - a populary gay mexican artist -)
- Everybody in México loves and respects Juanga, but El Jefe Moz is sacred! so I didn't welcomed the comparation :lbf:

juan_gabriel.jpg

Twins! :p

On Tuesday I was stood waiting for the lift (elevator) at my work. It was taking some time, so I entertained myself by gazing up at the full height of the building I work in, specifically focusing on two overhanging wooden balconies and imagining what it'd be like if they both crashed three stories all the way to the ground. Just then a colleague of only passing acquaintance walked by with her morning coffee and declared "You look just like Morrissey there, gazing up at the sky". I burst out laughing (a little too loudly). This woman has no idea I'm a Moz nut. As she headed up the stairs she added "And that's a real compliment by the way". She must like the Moz. I'd thought she was a bit of a snooty boot before, but all is forgiven.
I was like this :D for a full 2 hours after. Every time I thought of it I burst out laughing like a loon.
:thumb:

when i showed my mum a couple of concert videos..she shakes her head when she saw the( mostly male) stage invaders hugging and kissing moz during edinburgh 95 -now my heart is full. and said to me
"Wegen dem Vogel gibst du so viel Geld aus?"
meaning :"because of THAT nutcase/weirdo/strange bird, you spend THAT much money on?"
:rolleyes:
i also showed her clips when he strips
later she said he is quite "nice looking though but..oh well....still kind of weird"
" -or was it "okay "looking, I dont remember exactly-but it was some sort of compliment

:p:)

Last edited:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! RMFAO!!
that made my day
:lbf:

I love Juanga, is that bad???:blushing:

Someone just replied to one of my online profiles with this:

" Hi, nice profile. I like old shool morrisey and the smith also"

Is Morrissey considered "old school" now? Geeeze! I'm feeling old. :-/

I usually get "Isn't he dead?" or "He's not dead?"

Let's see...he gets called "The fembot"

When I was younger I used to hear "Doesn't he wear pink underwear?"

"I can't stand Morrissey but I like The Smiths" :mad:

On Tuesday I was stood waiting for the lift (elevator) at my work. It was taking some time, so I entertained myself by gazing up at the full height of the building I work in, specifically focusing on two overhanging wooden balconies and imagining what it'd be like if they both crashed three stories all the way to the ground. Just then a colleague of only passing acquaintance walked by with her morning coffee and declared "You look just like Morrissey there, gazing up at the sky". I burst out laughing (a little too loudly). This woman has no idea I'm a Moz nut. As she headed up the stairs she added "And that's a real compliment by the way". She must like the Moz. I'd thought she was a bit of a snooty boot before, but all is forgiven.
I was like this :D for a full 2 hours after. Every time I thought of it I burst out laughing like a loon.
:thumb:

:lbf: you wanna count yourdelf lucky she wasnt a frinker, cause if you looked THAT much like Moz, she might have jumped you. :lbf:

I remember when I first got into Morrissey, my grandmother told me off for mispronouncing my grandfather's name- his name was Maurycy, which is pronounced like Mow-ri-tsy, with the stress on the ri. :p

Back
Top Bottom