The Fun Things About Moz?

You can leave him for years and then slip back into his discomfiting discomfort like a discomforting comfort blanket. No matter how far how you get on in your own life, you can look back the Grand Old Moaner Leaser and see how little he seems to have advanced, at least in his artistic public-presented image. He provides a benchmark barometer to measure yourself against, and to, quite frankly, make you feel better about yourself, knowing you're not still stuck at the same adolescent level you were, and that he sometimes seems to be stuck at, quite willful-perversely.

But who knows.

We don't see him day-to-day, only an emotional mention of his motion on a message board, and we'll never know who he is f***ing, apart from himself, at least artistically. You wonder how much of this hackneyed 'I can't find love and love my mother and know people who commit suicide' crap he really means. And that's the rub, the problem these daze in the World of Moz: when he was younger he f***ing meant what he said, and it showed. Now much of his anti-sentimental sentimental sentiment seems sedentary and boring and hackneyed, done to death and beyond, and he doesn't have much else to talk about.

And where to go from here? I think the superb music constitutes a HUGE part of what makes YoR a pretty damned good album, cos lyrics-wise, although it has brightened my last week (period of time I have been listening it)("And I can woo you/I can amuse you/but there is nothing to do to make you mine" he sings right on time on my headphones) and made me laugh, it is still nothing much new and interesting and exciting.

When Moz first came out life was new and exciting and frightening for him, a shut-in kid from a bedroom (the prototype for some here) suddenly thrust into the spotlight with a bunch of guys a half-decade younger (Paris is starting right now and I f***ING HATE this pathetic annoying stupid song) and singing from the heart cos, well, he was too young and naive and too f***ing stupid to lie about things, a young man operating without an emotional or lyrical or artistic template in general. It was raw and innocent and damaged and incredibly beautiful - and people, myself included, responded to that.

Now what do we have? A man of 50 saying crap like "Let me live before I die/no, not I, not I." (if I slightly misquote, I don't care) and it just doesn't work anymore cos he's twice as old and jaded and life-educated and cynical. I'd still love to have a beer or three with the man, cos I think he'd be a hilarious conversationalist, but ultimately, now, apart from the hardcore obsessives who give a f*** he is seen in a Sainsbury's in Salisbury...who truly f***ing cares about Moz music-wise? This new album he seems to me to be singing stuff he knows his fans need and want to hear, i.e. he is not moving beyond his younger years much, cos it mirrors the stunted emotional growth of his more hardcore elements. And who wants to think they're not getting older and wiser, except Michael Jackson, who was on a shitey exploitative doc tonight on American telly and wanted to remain forever young? Stasis is decay is death. Which may all be part of the Moz masterplan, so he may be smarter than we all think.

More I could hero-heretic say, but who cares? I still have a great deal of affection for the man and his music, including most of the new album, but he needs to move f***ing on and sing about something more interesting than not finding love and whatnot. Go on Moz. It's not 1984 anymore, despite what some of your weird fans may think. And 25 years on is a good and a bad thing. Tell us why. And don't bring your maw into it this time. Cos that Mama song is great...and one of the creepiest and most morbid songs I have ever heard. Which is not necessarily a good thing, despite what your more obsessed emo fans may tell you.

Onwards.

Last edited:
Re: Know The Fun Things About Moz?

TL; will certainly read later, though :lbf:

Re: Know The Fun Things About Moz?

Typical 21st century 'can't be bothered reading over Twitter-length soundbite' shite. I hope you enjoy it when - if - you read it.

You can leave him for years and then slip back into his discomfiting discomfort like a discomforting comfort blanket. No matter how far how you get on in your own life, you can look back the Grand Old Moaner Leaser and see how little he seems to have advanced, at least in his artistic public-presented image. He provides a benchmark barometer to measure yourself against, and to, quite frankly, make you feel better about yourself, knowing you're not still stuck at the same adolescent level you were, and that he sometimes seems to be stuck at, quite willful-perversely.

But who knows.

We don't see him day-to-day, only an emotional mention of his motion on a message board, and we'll never know who he is f***ing, apart from himself, at least artistically. You wonder how much of this hackneyed 'I can't find love and love my mother and know people who commit suicide' crap he really means. And that's the rub, the problem these daze in the World of Moz: when he was younger he f***ing meant what he said, and it showed. Now much of his anti-sentimental sentimental sentiment seems sedentary and boring and hackneyed, done to death and beyond, and he doesn't have much else to talk about.

And where to go from here? I think the superb music constitutes a HUGE part of what makes YoR a pretty damned good album, cos lyrics-wise, although it has brightened my last week (period of time I have been listening it)("And I can woo you/I can amuse you/but there is nothing to do to make you mine" he sings right on time on my headphones) and made me laugh, it is still nothing much new and interesting and exciting.

When Moz first came out life was new and exciting and frightening for him, a shut-in kid from a bedroom (the prototype for some here) suddenly thrust into the spotlight with a bunch of guys a half-decade younger (Paris is starting right now and I f***ING HATE this pathetic annoying stupid song) and singing from the heart cos, well, he was too young and naive and too f***ing stupid to lie about things, a young man operating without an emotional or lyrical or artistic template in general. It was raw and innocent and damaged and incredibly beautiful - and people, myself included, responded to that.

Now what do we have? A man of 50 saying crap like "Let me live before I die/no, not I, not I." (if I slightly misquote, I don't care) and it just doesn't work anymore cos he's twice as old and jaded and life-educated and cynical. I'd still love to have a beer or three with the man, cos I think he'd be a hilarious conversationalist, but ultimately, now, apart from the hardcore obsessives who give a f*** he is seen in a Sainsbury's in Salisbury...who truly f***ing cares about Moz music-wise? This new album he seems to me to be singing stuff he knows his fans need and want to hear, i.e. he is not moving beyond his younger years much, cos it mirrors the stunted emotional growth of his more hardcore elements. And who wants to think they're not getting older and wiser, except Michael Jackson, who was on a shitey exploitative doc tonight on American telly and wanted to remain forever young? Stasis is decay is death. Which may all be part of the Moz masterplan, so he may be smarter than we all think.

More I could hero-heretic say, but who cares? I still have a great deal of affection for the man and his music, including most of the new album, but he needs to move f***ing on and sing about something more interesting than not finding love and whatnot. Go on Moz. It's not 1984 anymore, despite what some of your weird fans may think. And 25 years on is a good and a bad thing. Tell us why. And don't bring your maw into it this time. Cos that Mama song is great...and one of the creepiest and most morbid songs I have ever heard. Which is not necessarily a good thing, despite what your more obsessed emo fans may tell you.

Onwards.

It must be said and so it is, that there is a touch of truth in what you have to say.
He hasn't really moved on, in some ways. Also, certain songs are labored and without emotion and contain silly lyrics- it's interesting that in recent years he has started calling himself "A Rhymer" rather than a Poet.

But I would say in other ways he has done quite well thank you very much.
He hasn't handcuffed himself to one image, he may not be a madonna type (thank god) but he has managed to change and progress in a natural way.
From "box room rebel" living at home with his mum to international pop star who can sell out venus around the word. He has also been going longer than most thought he would.
With any pop person the initial impact is always going to be the most powerful, it's called the shock of the new.
But Morrissey has done well to keep (at least) some people interested for 25 years (ish) which is more than most can even dream of.

I think the trouble with some fans whom invest a lot of love in a pop star is that at some point they realise that they have nothing in common with the pop star. That's because they never truly "got it" in the first place. They believed the Music press hype and bought into that. Morrissey of course was misrepresented by the music press, making him out to be gloomy wimp etc.
Moz used this to a degree but it's taken years to try to change peoples minds- it some cases no minds have been changed.

Morrissey was never a goth type who stayed in all the time etc. Yes Morrissey, lived with his mum and yes he likes his own company and yes he suffers from depression BUT he also had enough in him to get out there and go to gigs and travel etc (before The Smiths).
Morrissey's story is an old and beautiful one, working class boy from a broken home battles his demons and environment and wins.

Morrissey has always been solipsistic, it's always been about his story.

would anybody really want him to change- does anybody really change deep down?

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

Onwards.

I believe you are attempting too hard.

Let those chubby little fingers rest at the keys for a while longer, instead of buried or clasping at a moisture deep within any number of your chosen crevices… until at least 'them' dark urges turn their sinister motioning towards you. And make you do something with the written word.

Inspiring and cultivating – En Masse.

The difference between you and I, is that I’m literally brimming with answers to the world woes, if only anybody would tap me upon my arched back and accept them..

I can sling, and aim a delivery, swiftly with agile acerbic acrobatic wit that can disarm, appal, and delight causing involuntary shimmers of revulsion crossed with momentary lapses of truth and pleasure

You on the other hand, BIG BILLY is wrong about everything, including the socks you have chosen.

X X

-Adultery

You can leave him for years and then slip back i You wonder how much of this hackneyed crap he really means. And that's the rub, the problem these daze in the World of Moz: when he was younger he f***ing meant what he said, and it showed.

... I must have missed that time.
:eek: Blackhole! :eek:
:lbf:

I can sling, and aim a delivery, swiftly with agile acerbic acrobatic wit that can disarm, appal, and delight

Oh good! When does the delight start? I'm ready!

Tags
albertine moz? tl;dr
Back
Top Bottom