Morrissey Q&A With The Hollywood Reporter, 27 Feb 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
The point was, yes morrissey talks a lot of garbage. But if you dont like it, then why even waste your time posting on this website or even visiting it. I dont understand why people who supposedly like Morrissey come here and talk so much trash. Its funny, really.

Same reason people slow down while driving somewhere if they see a bad accident on the road. It's f***ed up and weird and it gives you something to talk about.

He worships that vile old rapist Kirk Douglas? God he gets worse and worse, slavishly in thrall to the terrorist organisation PETA, such a hypocrite. All the while he constantly takes tired potshots at other stars doing better than him.

Being an acid tongued bitch can be endearing in your 20s and 30s but it starts to look sad and pathetic in your 40s and 50s, nothing worse than an embittered old queen. I can't reconcile this with the person who wrote "It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind". And maybe he isn't getting signed cause his new music is absolute shit perhaps? Just a thought.

The point was, yes morrissey talks a lot of garbage. But if you dont like it, then why even waste your time posting on this website or even visiting it. I dont understand why people who supposedly like Morrissey come here and talk so much trash. Its funny, really.

Some time around when Morrissey threatened this web site, and when he took to True To You to post his support for Animal Rights Militia violence (mail bombs to the homes of scientists working on treatments for AIDS and cancer), it started to seem Morrissey was losing his mind. Also, it's startling how someone who has had a good sense of humor in his songs over the years can now have absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever as a person.

In the end it really doesn't matter too much, because an artists' work is judged on its own merits, whatever the faults or idiocies of the artist. But I think it's some combination of Morrissey feeling desperate to get in the news, Morrissey being increasingly out of touch with the rest of the world, and Morrissey being extremely fanatical on certain issues. He's been making a fool of himself on a regular basis in recent years, like calling Chinese people subhuman and saying the terrorist mass murder in Norway was nothing compared to the evil of Kentucky Fried Chicken. I guess this is what happens when people hang around in fanatical circles too much. He reminds me of how the most extreme anti-abortion fanatics sound. And I guess all you can do is laugh at him for being just another annoying, air-headed celebrity off the stage, and one who needs to check himself, but also remind yourself that he still has good songs and it's no big deal.

And he sure is a ripe target for South Park one of these days.

Did he actually rape anyone? you don't know.

Do you know he didn't? Did you see him not rape somebody?

No?

Well then how do you know it didn't happen, hmmmmm....???

groucho2-sm.jpg

Do you know he didn't? Did you see him not rape somebody?

No?

Well then how do you know it didn't happen, hmmmmm....???

groucho2-sm.jpg
I never said i did know did I they clearly think they do! Im not the one using it as a reason to not like him.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom