Morrissey is now being managed by Pete Galli of Red Light Management (February 12, 2024)

1542323061036.jpeg

Morrisey-2024.png

Pete Galli image courtesy of LinkedIn.
Morrissey Photo Credit: Brian Adams.

Morrissey’s influence and music legacy is irrefutable. Widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in British pop, as well as one of the greatest lyricists of his generation, Morrissey has thirteen solo studio albums, a string of No.1 records, and an Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music.

As lead singer of The Smiths he marked forever the history of music with only four albums. As a soloist he has consolidated a sound that still reverberates today with his forthcoming album Bonfire of Teenagers. An explicit declaration of love for music has made him one of the most acclaimed voices of the last four decades worldwide. When the debut single from The Smiths, “Hand In Glove,” first emerged 40 years ago, the musical landscape was forever changed and launched a rich catalogue of songs that includes anthems such as “This Charming Man,” “How Soon Is Now?,” “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out,” “Suedehead,” “Everyday Is Like Sunday,” “Irish Blood, English Heart,” “First of the Gang to Die,” and many many more. The celebration of Morrisey’s music and influence on culture have resonated with fans worldwide for over 40 years.

Morrissey’s Autobiography published in 2013 by Penguin Classics spent six weeks at the number 1 sales spot, plus five weeks at number 2. It was the second fastest-selling autobiography in British history. His first two nights at the Hollywood Bowl broke the Beatles record for sell-out speed. In 2006, Morrissey was voted the second greatest living British icon by viewers of the BBC, coming second to Sir David Attenborough, with Sir Paul McCartney in third place. In 2007, Morrissey was voted the greatest living northern male in the Manchester Evening News. Morrissey has had 24 top ten albums in England: nine with The Smiths, fifteen as a solo artist. His California Son (released 2019) reached number 7 on the U.S. Billboard chart, and his Low In High School (released 2017) reached number 10 on the U.S. Billboard chart. Morrissey has had seven top 20 albums in the U.S.A.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's face it, the manager position has been a shitshow since Merck Mercuriadis left in 2008. Hopefully this guy will be given free reign to try and start saving Morrissey's career and putting it back on track. First step should be closing down Central, getting Sam the hell away from running anything, and giving Donnie and Jesse their marching orders. Also a gagging order preventing Dodwell from writing any more promotional articles would help.

At last our Moz has a manager who not only sounds professional but is almost as stylish and handsome as Morrissey himself. The 'forthcoming Bonfire Of Teenagers' gives me hope that, in some parts of the world at least, in some small corner of civilisation, in some neural networks, sanity and taste in music still prevails. In the future when all's well.

Let's face it, the manager position has been a shitshow since Merck Mercuriadis left in 2008. Hopefully this guy will be given free reign to try and start saving Morrissey's career and putting it back on track. First step should be closing down Central, getting Sam the hell away from running anything, and giving Donnie and Jesse their marching orders. Also a gagging order preventing Dodwell from writing any more promotional articles would help.
I agree with all of that... I just question whether the new guy has that kind of power and authority. Even if he sees those things as necessary... it doesn't mean Morrissey will agree or listen. Now if this new management has come about because Morrissey recognizes there are some problems and changes are necessary... then maybe.

Last edited:
Oh shit, I was hoping for a minute that Knutson was gone which would then open the door for Alain to rejoin his band.
But certainly a positive step.
Maybe Galli has his own staff in mind. His own touring crew, lined up ready to go?

I couldn't care less about Boz coming back. He's been there long enough.
He's got to be happy to be retired now at his holiday home/studio in Portugal. I was watching some of the older vids recently and noticing him through the years. I mean he's done it all.
It seemed Alain was raring to rejoin and it was so great to see him there again - and once again would be great too but hearing Bones is also on Galli's roster makes me think there won't be any lineup change.

Blimey this is all sounding like football!

First step should be closing down Central, getting Sam the hell away from running anything, and giving Donnie and Jesse their marching orders. Also a gagging order preventing Dodwell from writing any more promotional articles would help.
Does any of this (except perhaps Tobias) really matter? Just get the music out and, if practical, tour!

Maybe Galli has his own staff in mind. His own touring crew, lined up ready to go?

He's got to be happy to be retired now at his holiday home/studio in Portugal. I was watching some of the older vids recently and noticing him through the years. I mean he's done it all.
It seemed Alain was raring to rejoin and it was so great to see him there again - and once again would be great too but hearing Bones is also on Galli's roster makes me think there won't be any lineup change.

Blimey this is all sounding like football!
If new management means bringing order to the chaos that is Morrissey's musical output and releases then I'll put up with this new band. They're really just a touring band at the moment anyway. He has little use for them, unless he's on stage and let's be honest even if they turn up he's shown that he's not committed to joining them on said stage. Just ask the ticket holders in Perth. Whether or not Morrissey employs them as anything more than that and gets them in the studio only time will tell.

Carmen being on Galli's books doesn't necessarily mean she's a permanent player for Morrissey, but you're right it does make things a little sticky. This new band may not stick around anyway.

It was taken in Rome, 2005 and then the shoot was used by Zoo Magazine (et al) in 2006.

View attachment 101610View attachment 101611View attachment 101612
FWD.

Adams via Rolling Stone:

Morrissey in Repose
PHOTOGRAPHY BY BRYAN ADAMS

On a 2005 morning in Rome, Morrissey was prepping for a photo shoot with Adams when the photographer caught him out on a balcony, deep in a moment of contemplation. "At the time, I was shooting with a Rolleiflex camera, which is really quiet," Adams explains. "I don't know if he knew I was starting. I saw [the moment] and it was there. It seemed like a beautiful picture."
These photos were outstanding.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news… 😬
So, gatekeeper Donnie Whaleberg still seems to block all the roads, that lead to Morrissey.

A good looking Galli should join Moz on stage as a kind of new James Maker. Just hanging around and dancing. We need everything to pimp up the touring band, if they are still there.

Last edited:
How much power does a manager have? Anyone in the know?

How much power does a manager have? Anyone in the know?

In Moaning Myrtle World they hardly have any power and are usually fired after they send the first bill for their services or if any of Myrtle’s short term goals aren’t met, like achieving a number one chart position with a sub par album.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom