Morrissey and Jed Weitzman - Morrissey Central (20th October)

20181020_144308.jpg

20181020_144336.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morrissey-and-jed-weitzman

The stepson of Henry Winkler and active through the Sanctuary era of team Morrissey, here's Jed from a TTY picture in 2005:

jed_and_morrissey_2_tn.jpg

And in the studio:
jednmoz.jpg

The first picture on Central (Jobriath shirt) has been on the web since 2005/6.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
they have probably found a kilt lying around and hes put it on for a laugh,wonder whats in his sporran. white socks and trainers wi a kilt,sacrilege.

Am I missing something? Why are these being posted on MCentral now? Is there a point, or is it just another outbreak of randomness? Also, weren't he and Morrissey supposed to be an item for a while? Jed looks like he has a great sense of humour and they at least had a laugh together. I've always loved that one with the scooter and the umbrella, it's hilarious.
A
As Morrissey had this lovely picture of him and Jed in Rome on the frontpage of his main fansite for 10 years, I would think they were just good friends at that time and not an item (whatever the rumours were at that time).

In the end, did their working relationship ed because the Sanctuary label went down, or was there another reason?

Fek shiteee blikey c*** wacker! The pic was taken at the gay trust fund kid man's house in Pacific Palisades, not in some foreigner country like Brittin or Pourtougull. Yes, there was a Brittish man dress laying around and gay guy put it on. No, they were/are not a "gay couple" because Aunt Nancy has been Uncle Steve's life partner since 1992. Lil' Sammy was drunk from partying at the The Viper Room when he took this pic and was sleeping it off at gay guys's house because Uncle Steve wouldn't let him drive home. Spencer is a real estate agent in "upstate" New Yaaaaawk and has had nothing to do with music in years and can not afford to live in Moz Angeles. I reckon can you wackos do something constructive with your lives inn n n n it? I just wasted 2 minutes of my life.

Nice photos!

The last pictures where Morrissey actually looks like Morrissey.

unless the fax is produced it will always be hearsay and unreliable.
Well, it was claimed by Spencer's band mate at the time, who claimed he was in the room when the fax came. It would be pretty scndalous lie, and one that Spencer did not contradict, or clarify. I don't see why a band member who is a fan of Morrissey would make that up; especially considering that it could damage Spencer.

In fact, here's the interview that it appeared in. Actually, I got one part wrong. It was Morrissey who was faxing Spencer requesting to use the song. As usual, Morrissey was fighting over money with a collaborator, and the song that he eventually produced was clearly a jibe at Spencer's small stature.

Anyway, here's the quote:

Do you have any good Morrissey stories?
(laughs) Yeah, I got one. I don’t know if I should be telling this. Well, O.K., so Spencer and I were writing together in his apartment in the East Village one afternoon–and Spencer spoke liberally to me about his experiences with Morrissey, that he’s kind of an intense, strange person, and there are rumors that he’s a racist–not that I really believe it, maybe he just uses racist remarks to shock or whatever. Or maybe I’m just still a fan and I’m creating excuses for him. Anyway, at that stage in Morrissey’s life–this was the late 90s–he was big into faxing. It’s very ominous, faxing. I mean, there’s this big, scary machine sitting there and suddenly it just beeps and the grr grr grr of the paper coming through, it’s really a little frightening! So Spencer and I are writing a song together and off goes the fax machine in the other room. And Spencer goes in there and it’s Morrissey faxing to see if he can use this song that he and Spencer wrote together. I think Morrissey owed Spencer money then and things were all out of sorts. So Spencer faxes him back and says, you know, sorry mate but I don’t think that’d be best until we’ve got all the rights sorted out, et cetera, et cetera. And he comes back into the living room and he and I are pling-plonging away on our guitars. Then, after a little while, we hear beep! grrrrr grrrrr grrrrr and we both look at each other and Spencer goes in to get the fax, and he comes back with this piece of paper in his hands and in big, black letters scrolled across the page it reads, ‘YOUR LOSS JEW BOY.’ It was like a death threat the way it looked! (laughs) Poor Spencer, he was just devastated. He’s very sensitive, too. I think after that he and I just went to a bar, did some drugs, drank beer for ten hours.

It kinda undermines the people crying antisemitism when the “victim“ is happy to re-tweet a post by a nephew on behalf of the “evil“ person mentioning him many years later.
Hardly the actions of someone who feels discriminated against. It must be great having people seeing offence on your behalf.
Seeing things when they ain't there is something racists are good at - see how similar you are to the things you say you hate?
It's not just about the "victim," it's about the sentiment that affects other people.

When minorities don't have as loud of a voice as the majority, you need people from the majority to speak out. It's how minorities have gained rights throughout history. For every "victim" that doesn't care, there are many more that do.

If non "victims" didn't support the Civil Rights movement, or any other rights movement, then those rights would have never been won.

It's astonishing how out of touch so many people from the majority are. They really cannot see the world form anyone else's perspective, and in fact, they think they're the victims. It's a perfect example of why people need to keep fighting, and fight viciously for their causes.

This is even more important now that the U.S. cannot escape it's racist past, and Europe is returning to its traditionally anti-semetic, and tribal past.

The majority always sequels when social progress occurs. Ignore it, and plow forward; just like in the past. It's not about changing the older generations, it's about changing the newerones. People grow old, and are unwilling to change, so they're not really the target of the discussion.

A
As Morrissey had this lovely picture of him and Jed in Rome on the frontpage of his main fansite for 10 years, I would think they were just good friends at that time and not an item (whatever the rumours were at that time).

In the end, did their working relationship ed because the Sanctuary label went down, or was there another reason?
Well, there were the leaked emails that had Morrissey claiming "Youngest Was The Most Loved" would be considered a gift to any record company, and lambasting Jed for "traveling the world on Sanctuary's dime."

Of course, as usual, Morrissey blamed the failing of a mediocre single on the record company.

Morrissey's lawyer had the post removed, all but confirming that it was real.

"[Original comment has been removed because of copyright violation according to Morrissey's lawyer. Below is the request]:

This law firm represents Morrissey. I am authorized to act on his behalf with respect to his intellectual property rights. It has recently come to our attention that a user on your website has posted a letter from Morrissey to Merck Mercuriadis at Sanctuary Records. This violates Morrissey's copyright in his letter. The letter can be accessed via the following link on your website:"

The letter claimed that the posting of the emails was copy right infringement. Many fans didn't believe it, because Morrissey fans are so cult-like that they excuse anything he does, or refuse to believe anything that might make him look bad. It's gross and pathetic.

Well, it was claimed by Spencer's band mate at the time, who claimed he was in the room when the fax came. It would be pretty scndalous lie, and one that Spencer did not contradict, or clarify. I don't see why a band member who is a fan of Morrissey would make that up; especially considering that it could damage Spencer.

In fact, here's the interview that it appeared in. Actually, I got one part wrong. It was Morrissey who was faxing Spencer requesting to use the song. As usual, Morrissey was fighting over money with a collaborator, and the song that he eventually produced was clearly a jibe at Spencer's small stature.

(laughs) Yeah, I got one. I don’t know if I should be telling this. Well, O.K., so Spencer and I were writing together in his apartment in the East Village one afternoon–and Spencer spoke liberally to me about his experiences with Morrissey, that he’s kind of an intense, strange person, and there are rumors that he’s a racist–not that I really believe it, maybe he just uses racist remarks to shock or whatever. Or maybe I’m just still a fan and I’m creating excuses for him. Anyway, at that stage in Morrissey’s life–this was the late 90s–he was big into faxing. It’s very ominous, faxing. I mean, there’s this big, scary machine sitting there and suddenly it just beeps and the grr grr grr of the paper coming through, it’s really a little frightening! So Spencer and I are writing a song together and off goes the fax machine in the other room. And Spencer goes in there and it’s Morrissey faxing to see if he can use this song that he and Spencer wrote together. I think Morrissey owed Spencer money then and things were all out of sorts. So Spencer faxes him back and says, you know, sorry mate but I don’t think that’d be best until we’ve got all the rights sorted out, et cetera, et cetera. And he comes back into the living room and he and I are pling-plonging away on our guitars. Then, after a little while, we hear beep! grrrrr grrrrr grrrrr and we both look at each other and Spencer goes in to get the fax, and he comes back with this piece of paper in his hands and in big, black letters scrolled across the page it reads, ‘YOUR LOSS JEW BOY.’ It was like a death threat the way it looked! (laughs) Poor Spencer, he was just devastated. He’s very sensitive, too. I think after that he and I just went to a bar, did some drugs, drank beer for ten hours.

Link to the interview: http://www.buttmagazine.com/magazine/interviews/scott-matthew/

im sorry but that story is hilarious :lbf:

Last edited:
this fax would be like gold dust these days and spencer could have made a killing from the sun or the guardian but,dont tell me he doesn't have it anymore,probably used it to smoke drugs.

he offered to pay for my dentist bill for me and buy me a coat (from sears! LOL) if I would go to his Christmas party. obviously I said no to his paying for stuff, but I thought 'well that was pretty nice of him to offer so I guess I can go to his crummy party'. THAT's how I ended up there. it's not the sort of thing I would normally say yes to! I did get some trivial pursuit in though so it wasn't a total bust.

I still think your best bet is to find a blind hobo.

Ha that last one ! Remember Vinni Reilly talking about him and Moz wrestling during the Viva Hate recordings....

'Recalling the recording of the album, Reilly says: “Me and Morrissey used to have wrestling matches. He was very physically together, very strong. We’d find a corridor, suddenly it would go off and no-one knew what to do. ' :lbf:

Maybe he could have been a world renown wrestler if this singing thing never took off. :D

well Vinni weighed about 75lbs soaking wet, so probably not a fair contest really.

Jed wasn't a bad guy but he could be a bit of a prat. Has anyone ever done up a list of the platoon of Morrissey managers over the last 3o years ?

Well, there were the leaked emails that had Morrissey claiming "Youngest Was The Most Loved" would be considered a gift to any record company, and lambasting Jed for "traveling the world on Sanctuary's dime."

Of course, as usual, Morrissey blamed the failing of a mediocre single on the record company.

Morrissey's lawyer had the post removed, all but confirming that it was real.

"[Original comment has been removed because of copyright violation according to Morrissey's lawyer. Below is the request]:

This law firm represents Morrissey. I am authorized to act on his behalf with respect to his intellectual property rights. It has recently come to our attention that a user on your website has posted a letter from Morrissey to Merck Mercuriadis at Sanctuary Records. This violates Morrissey's copyright in his letter. The letter can be accessed via the following link on your website:"

The letter claimed that the posting of the emails was copy right infringement. Many fans didn't believe it, because Morrissey fans are so cult-like that they excuse anything he does, or refuse to believe anything that might make him look bad. It's gross and pathetic.

Thanks. I missed that one but your explanation sounds very familiar unfortunately.
Morrissey is nearly impossible to manage.
Any guess how long Peter Katsis will last?
He's been around for roughly 2 years now, so I give him another year.

Always wondered why Morrissey didnt do any more with Vini....the music they made is amazing and really suited Morrisseys vocals....some of the best in his catalogue ......and i believe his side of the story where he had a stronger hand than he has been given credit for in some of his classics of that time

Vini said he wanted to do something like 'Radio Ethiopia' with Morrissey, instead we got.... Kill Uncle !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom