Morrissey Central "MILEY IS A PUNK ROCKER" (December 24, 2022)

unnamed.jpg

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.
Above, Morrissey and Miley during Miley’s session for ‘I Am Veronica’.

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited:
Well at least there is the good news that Capitol still have control, they will want a return on their investment so it will see the light of day.

Morrissey needs to fire Sam and hire somebody who will actually so no to him. These outburst and interviews where he puts his foot in his mouth time and time again has to be stopped.

They seem to have studio time booked in France. so, yes.
It's one thing to book a studio and record an album. Most studios are independent businesses. You and I could do that with enough money. Getting someone to release and promote it, that's the challenge.

Last edited:
It's one thing to book a studio and record an album. Most studios are independent businesses. You and I could that with enough money. Getting someone to release and promote it, that's the challenge.

Yes, I agree. But I was only replying to the question if it would be even recorded or not.

Hopefully after this mess, M will finally come to the realization that it’s best to release it himself, or sign a very unglamorous contract with a smaller label. Also, in the Central announcement of WMTWorldDies, it seemed to point to releasing it himself. So, we’ll see.

And would the terms of any heavily speculated upon licensing deal stipulate conditions / provide for the removal of specific vocals from a track - clearly without any (on current appearances) cooperation or consent of the artist & band? Not sure any such deals exist that cater for that event. Nor could they compel him et al in to a studio to do so.
Stalemate abounds.
FWD.
I think the problem for Morrissey in the scenario as we understand it is that if Capitol are not able to release the album as agreed, the contract will be deemed frustrated. That would mean Morrissey handing back his advance and, if the frustration is indeed his fault for blabbing, quite possibly a contractual forfeit and/or damages. And he would probably not be able to sign another deal until that were resolved. So he might just let Capitol do whatever they want to in order for the release to go ahead (which sounds like what he is doing).

If it's a threat its a stupid thing to do as it just adds to the rumours that he's difficult to work with.
I agree. I feel for M though. Must be fecking shit. He writes an lp he is proud of. He usually likes just being with his band, as well as not making a big deal of other artists in the mix, Chrissie H etc
With no interest from labels, he tries a different track He enlists the help of RHCP, he gets the help of Iggy and Miley
He boasts about Miley in concert and in a few lp announcements. Even shares a picture of them Then this happens. The no-label thing was looking needy, But Capital has made him look both needy and unimportant. This Miley shit is plain embarrassing.
I kinda feel sorry for Miley as well, it's like an oddball in the office pestered her for a selfie and she agreed to be nice. Only if the picture wasn't posted on social media. Unfortunately, she wakes up to find not only is the picture posted on FB but she is tagged as well. So, she blocks the Mr Odd Bal

I think the problem for Morrissey in the scenario as we understand it is that if Capitol are not able to release the album as agreed, the contract will be deemed frustrated. That would mean Morrissey handing back his advance and, if the frustration is indeed his fault for blabbing, quite possibly a contractual forfeit and/or damages. And he would probably not be able to sign another deal until that were resolved. So he might just let Capitol do whatever they want to in order for the release to go ahead (which sounds like what he is doing).

If they do go ahead and release it, which sounds likely. I wonder if Morrissey will recognize it, and even do songs
from it on the next tour(?)

NEW YEAR, OLD MORRISSEY 🙃

Why is his family, Sam basically, enabling such crazy behaviour? Just seems to be drunkenly lashing out, blaming everyone else and burning bridges. This is really sad to see, how low things have got. I am feeling grief, seriously, for the decline of a once magnificent legacy.

Why? Because Morrissey World does not require checks or balances. Sam's just a lap dog with the social media account passwords. While every Morrissey Central post isn't Morrissey verbatim, they're his directives.

Today's post sounds like Miley agreed to a guest vocal (because that little goal hanger will sing and associate herself with anyone of merit who still can command an audience), and now her team has a few questions they'd like answered before the legalities can be pushed through. Morrissey, not having a team, doesn't understand what the hold up is. (If I'm wrong, I'd love to know what the verified reason is.)

But by the wording of this post, it sounds like another classic episode of Morrissey cutting off his nose to spite his face. All or nothing. No compromise -- and why should he? He has no one to tell him to act professional.

And I'd bet everything under my Christmas tree that Miley had nothing to do with wanting her track off the song. As I said, she'll pimp herself out to any legacy artist for clout (see: Billy Idol, Metallica, Joan Jett, Madonna, Def Leppard, Flaming Lips, Stevie Nicks, Elton John, etc. and so forth), she's an ineffectual as Sam. At most, it's red tape that Morrissey is interpreting as subterfuge. She's already moved on and is getting cozy with Dolly.

Every now and then, Dick Grayson would take umbrage with a glib remark Bruce Wayne made. Why isn't Morrissey's ward Damon not stepping in during these troubling times? Considering he's also the old man's go-to wig adjuster, you'd think he would hold some cache.

That said, I hope the song eventually gets played live. This new crop of tracks sound incredible on stage, but the studio versions -- if Rebels is anything to go off of -- ain't so good.

He wouldn’t have got an advance. The album was already recorded.

I agree. I feel for M though. Must be fecking shit. He writes an lp he is proud of. He usually likes just being with his band, as well as not making a big deal of other artists in the mix, Chrissie H etc
With no interest from labels, he tries a different track He enlists the help of RHCP, he gets the help of Iggy and Miley
He boasts about Miley in concert and in a few lp announcements. Even shares a picture of them Then this happens. The no-label thing was looking needy, But Capital has made him look both needy and unimportant. This Miley shit is plain embarrassing.
I kinda feel sorry for Miley as well, it's like an oddball in the office pestered her for a selfie and she agreed to be nice. Only if the picture wasn't posted on social media. Unfortunately, she wakes up to find not only is the picture posted on FB but she is tagged as well. So, she blocks the Mr Odd Bal
What a very bleak picture you were able to paint with this office oddball story...I couldn't agree more...How did you eve get to such an insight?

He wouldn’t have got an advance. The album was already recorded.
He's licensed the recording, which means he'll have got paid. Whether that's a flat fee, or he's been given an advance against future royalties is anyone's guess, but it essentially amounts to the same thing.

Well. Wow! What happened now? And just there again?!

The most suspenseful Christmas board game I've ever played, or at least observed. Jack be nimble, Jack be quick...

He's only taking his place in an honorable roll-call of musicians who've had to deal with similar record company wrangles and fiascos .e.g https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/musicians-v-record-labels-famous-feuds/9/

Must be wearing though. Good intentions, and what should be celebrations, messed up like this:

Season's greetings one and all 🕊️

Last edited:
Morrissey departs label as Miley Cyrus asks to be taken off ‘Bonfire Of Teenagers’

Added to OP.
FWD.

Great. So now it’s going to look like Miley is one of the ‘good’ guys and Morrissey as usual, is the ‘bad’ one.

Hey maybe she had a reason for not wanting to be credited, but I find it hard to believe. I really think it’s about her contract with Columbia and using her name on another artist’s album, regardless of who that other artist is.

Hey maybe I’m wrong, I just need more proof that Miley is throwing M under the bus like that.

Every now and then, Dick Grayson would take umbrage with a glib remark Bruce Wayne made. Why isn't Morrissey's ward Damon not stepping in during these troubling times? Considering he's also the old man's go-to wig adjuster, you'd think he would hold some cache.

That said, I hope the song eventually gets played live. This new crop of tracks sound incredible on stage, but the studio versions -- if Rebels is anything to go off of -- ain't so good.
Because the minute anyone tries to challenge Moz, they are kicked into outer space. Everyone on the Moz gravy train knows that, including the piteous manservant.

Back
Top Bottom