Morrissey Central "MILEY IS A PUNK ROCKER" (December 24, 2022)

unnamed.jpg

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.
Above, Morrissey and Miley during Miley’s session for ‘I Am Veronica’.

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited:
What the hell iis going on? It’s Christmas Eve and Moz team is dropping all this shit on the world. I feel lost now.

Since he has already booked studio time in January and February, it can’t be so difficult to re-record Veronica with his current band. I really liked the most recent live version with the harmonica at the end, reminds me of Bruce Springsteen, so this would be an opportunity to add it on the recorded version.

I don’t know if I would miss Miley on the track, to me it always seemed a promotional stunt to get Morrissey back in the mainstream. And now that has failed, making it most likely harder to get a record deal for him.

If Moz knew it was gonna turn to all this, he never
would have had her on the song to begin with.
Havin Miley on the song seemed like a kinda jokey
thing anyways.
She didn't add that much.

I don’t know if it’s her fault. Think it’s Central’s fault for announcing the name of an artist that was supposed to be unnamed/uncredited.

I’d still like to get the studio version to hear what she adds to the song before I decide if it was a good idea to involve her or not. Hope the album gets leaked so we could hear that version. We may all love it.

What the hell iis going on? It’s Christmas Eve and Moz team is dropping all this shit on the world. I feel lost now.

Since he has already booked studio time in January and February, it can’t be so difficult to re-record Veronica with his current band. I really liked the most recent live version with the harmonica at the end, reminds me of Bruce Springsteen, so this would be an opportunity to add it on the recorded version.

I don’t know if I would miss Miley on the track, to me it always seemed a promotional stunt to get Morrissey back in the mainstream. And now that has failed, making it most likely harder to get a record deal for him.
It doesn’t need to be recorded again, just run the track through the software again but press mute on Miley. Simple.

Well if Morrissey didn’t walk away from Capitol, they could just easily replace the backing vocals, and yes! add that harmonica
solo that is pretty awesome and impressive when done live.

I wonder if Capitol will just erase the backing vocals and release it without them (?) That’s if they release BoT at all, without Morrissey’s blessings.

Yeah, I’d like to hear it first before I’d decide if I miss it or not. And I can see how it looks like a publicity stunt, but from the clip we heard, stunt or not, it sounded strange and good to me. But, it’s a mess at the moment.

I don’t know if it’s her fault. Think it’s Central’s fault for announcing the name of an artist that was supposed to be unnamed/uncredited.
In the recent past, we had LP adding backing vocals to his It’s Over cover, and Thelma Houston guesting on Bobby. If I remember correctly, a photo was posted of each of them with Morrissey, taken at the time of recording. They werecredited (as it should be) on the album, and all went well. I guess I don’t get the idea of a contributor wanting to remain unnamed, as if people wouldn’t be able to figure it out.
I’d still like to get the studio version to hear what she adds to the song before I decide if it was a good idea to involve her or not. Hope the album gets leaked so we could hear that version. We may all love it.
(y)

Morrissey should have known 2 years ago, that this would end badly, when Miley put on the strap-on, there on the stairs.

Last edited:
In the recent past, we had LP adding backing vocals to his It’s Over cover, and Thelma Houston guesting on Bobby. If I remember correctly, a photo was posted of each of them with Morrissey, taken at the time of recording. They werecredited (as it should be) on the album, and all went well. I guess I don’t get the idea of a contributor wanting to remain unnamed, as if people wouldn’t be able to figure it out.

(y)

That’s why I’m leaning more towards the idea that this really is between Columbia and Capitol, not Miley and Morrissey. I could be totally wrong, lol. But I think it’s Columbia looking after their investment and for whatever reason, they wanted her uncredited or Capitol would have to pay big dollar for using the Miley name.

I think it’s funny how they just blame Miley (like she’s two-faced) when in all likelihood, Columbia had contractual control over her, wanted their piece, and Bigmouth posted about her and ruined the whole thing. Mean to Miley now!

(Also, his dissociation appears to be nothing but catty. Capitol still is controlling the release of BOT, and Morrissey will not be doing anything else with them going forward)
True. Columbia are not sensible. Only $$$$ matters to them.

What a mess!!!! It will be the promotion. of the album?? this scandal ? I don't think so.. Moz doesn't flatter him... I have no idea what happened... Why go find this girl? Moz stops feeding vermin!!! !!! What a mess of mess MESSI.

That’s why I’m leaning more towards the idea that this really is between Columbia and Capitol, not Miley and Morrissey. I could be totally wrong, lol. But I think it’s Columbia looking after their investment and for whatever reason, they wanted her uncredited or Capitol would have to pay big dollar for using the Miley name.

Yes, I think you might be right. But, unfortunately, a big mess has already been made...

At the risk of sounding thick, why is the title "Miley is a punk rocker"?
Perhaps because she knew she would be forced to unrecord the choruses on Iam Vero. But the grabp anyway ... Was she a rebel with applause? That if we think well of her, who is really a fan of Moz ... But you can think of many things.... bad too.,

Well if Morrissey didn’t walk away from Capitol, they could just easily replace the backing vocals, and yes! add that harmonica
solo that is pretty awesome and impressive when done live.
Walking away from Capitol without even exploring other options, it is a sign of over-reacting emotionally to unplanned changes in the course of events. His emotional distress being what it is, I am shocked that throws them on social media. Doesn’t he (or Sam} know that it’s a knockabout world out there?
I wonder if Capitol will just erase the backing vocals and release it without them (?) That’s if they release BoT at all, without Morrissey’s blessings.
Don’t think they would release BoT without Morrissey’s blessings, at least not while Morrissey is still alive.
Yeah, I’d like to hear it first before I’d decide if I miss it or not. And I can see how it looks like a publicity stunt, but from the clip we heard, stunt or not, it sounded strange and good to me. But, it’s a mess at the moment.
The song could be good indeed, publicity stunt or not. So just let it leak now.

In my opinion Moz headlines that M Circusss is punk because it has an attitude of rebellion, of almost contempt, for not wanting to be in the choirs of a very heavy singer like Moz!!! It's as if Moz said: ahh what a rebel is this little girl who despises none other than me

Walking away from Capitol without even exploring other options, it is a sign of over-reacting emotionally to unplanned changes in the course of events. His emotional distress being what it is, I am shocked that throws them on social media. Doesn’t he (or Sam} know that it’s a knockabout world out there?
Yeah Central hasn’t been helping his public image much, to say the least, lol.

I think it’s just Sam’s bad attempt at damage control or something, because of the Scott Rodger tweet sent out the night before. I don’t know, it’s just a mess as usual.
Don’t think they would release BoT without Morrissey’s blessings, at least not while Morrissey is still alive.
Yeah, I guess it would depend on the contract and how much control they have (?)

I’m just worried that they will release it without his blessings, and when he tours next
he’ll purposefully refuse to do songs from it.

The song could be good indeed, publicity stunt or not. So just let it leak now.

(y) (y) (y)

I would say Johnny Marr is probably laughing his ass off over this but the more likely scenario is he is enjoying Christmas Eve with his family while Morrissey and Sam launch attacks on people. How horribly sad and pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom