Morrissey Central "MILEY IS A PUNK ROCKER" (December 24, 2022)

unnamed.jpg

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.
Above, Morrissey and Miley during Miley’s session for ‘I Am Veronica’.

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited:
Great. So now it’s going to look like Miley is one of the ‘good’ guys and Morrissey as usual is the ‘bad’ one.

Hey maybe she had a reason for not wanting to be credited, but I find it hard to believe. I really think it’s about her contract with Columbia and using her name on another artist’s album, regardless of who that other artist is.

Hey maybe I’m wrong, I just need more proof that Miley is throwing M under the bus like that.
The wording in this post suggests it is Miley “Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’”

It could say, “her label”, “her management”, or “she has been asked” but none of that, it says Miley.

Miley has put out some interesting things, including a self recorded and released free album, Miley Cyrus and her Dead Petz, which wasn't coordinated with her label

With that in mind I'd guess it's indeed just an image thing with Moz and her label, not a royalty question

The wording in this post suggests it is Miley “Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’”

It could say, “her label”, “her management”, or “she has been asked” but none of that, it says Miley.

Yes, I took that into account. I also took into account as FWD has pointed out ( post #5) that this Central post is most likely by Sam.

So yes, I need more proof, or a statement why she didn’t want to be credited. She’s obviously a fan to some degree of M’s and I believe she must have been aware of the image the press has portrayed of Morrissey over the years. I mean, Morrissey being deemed as evil, has been going on publicly for quite awhile now.

Again, either way, I don’t mind being wrong.

Last edited:
Yes, I took that into account. I also took into account as FWD has pointed out ( post #5) that this Central post is most likely by Sam.

So yes, I need more proof, or a statement why she didn’t want to be credited. She’s obviously a fan to some degree of M’s and I believe she must have been aware of the image the press has portrayed of Morrissey over the years. I mean, Morrissey being deemed as evil, has been going on publicly for quite awhile now.

Again, either way, I don’t mind being wrong.
Not sure we are going to get proof of any sort and I hope you are right that this isn’t Miley’s doing. It is one thing record company bigwigs and management stirring things up but when the artists themselves turn against each other it is pretty tragic.

I am sat here on Xmas eve and pretty shocked by these events, there are people here who would do a better job of managing his public image. There are still plenty of people who care.

I don’t know the full story behind the fall out between Morrissey and David Tseng but surely Morrissey would be better using this site, if we added strong moderation, as his official outlet.

But I don´t think we should take that as Gospel. It doesn´t state how MC has made this request. It could indeed have been via a lawyer or record label rep. She may have had virtually no involvement.

Not sure we are going to get proof of any sort and I hope you are right that this isn’t Miley’s doing. It is one thing record company bigwigs and management stirring things up but when the artists themselves turn against each other it is pretty tragic.

I am sat here on Xmas eve and pretty shocked by these events, there are people here who would do a better job of managing his public image. There are still plenty of people who care.
I don’t have any inside information, it’s just my speculation derived from the same info you have. But yeah, I think it’s the relationship between the company and their ‘product’ they’re protecting their investment, etc.
I don’t know the full story behind the fall out between Morrissey and David Tseng but surely Morrissey would be better using this site, if we added strong moderation, as his official outlet.

Well, David T allows people to pretty much say what they want on here. And Morrissey does have an image to protect, he’d want control, and he’s not one to explain to the public why he does what he does. So I don’t think it would work, it definitely wouldn’t look like solo as we know it anymore, that’s for sure.

TTY was his best vehicle, in regards to control. I imagine Central would have been similar, but Sam is the difference that makes Central what it is, unfortunately.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding thick, why is the title "Miley is a punk rocker"?
There is a Ramones song entitled "Sheena is a Punk Rocker". That's probably all there is to it, but it may also be sarcastic, as in "Miley is actually a boring old hippy" or whatever.

At the risk of sounding thick, why is the title "Miley is a punk rocker"?
I read it as a sarcastic suggestion that Miley - or her record label - have decided they want paying, after previously agreeing to do it for free. In other words, she´s not very punk rock. And permission to use the backing vocals has now been withdrawn.
Plus there is a reference to The Ramones, of course.
But it is also possible it means - Miley is still cool in my eyes. Who knows? Apart from the possible sarcasm, there is no obvious animosity in the statement. But the statement has more the feel of the former than the latter.

View attachment 87320

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.
Above, Morrissey and Miley during Miley’s session for ‘I Am Veronica’.

Related items:
Media items:
It's all for the best, let's face it any kind of connection with Billy-Ray is a bad one - replace vocals with Alains. End of, oh n release the bloody album in the UK please. Then quickly get the next one out.

I read it as a sarcastic suggestion that Miley - or her record label - have decided they want paying, after previously agreeing to do it for free. In other words, she´s not very punk rock. And permission to use the backing vocals has now been withdrawn.
Plus there is a reference to The Ramones, of course.
But it is also possible it means - Miley is still cool in my eyes. Who knows? Apart from the possible sarcasm, there is no obvious animosity in the statement. But the statement has more the feel of the former than the latter.

Or it could just be Sam’s attempt at imagining what kind of post title his uncle might come up with.

But definitely a Ramones reference.

Primorrissey
Noun
a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.
“the primorrissey behavior of some of the stars”

PS: Just make Alain lead again. Thank you.

Signed,

Every fan pre Quarry days.
Bang on lad.

Probably just Sam not thinking it through.

The original tweet is pretty clear.

Rat was insulting Capitol. Rodger pointed out that Morrissey Central created the problem by posting a credit to Miley.

Now Central has insulted Miley.

And that's created more bad press.

It's a rut they're stuck in.

Probably just Sam not thinking it through.

The original tweet is pretty clear.

Rat was insulting Capitol. Rodger pointed out that Morrissey Central created the problem by posting a credit to Miley.

Now Central has insulted Miley.

And that's created more bad press.

It's a rut they're stuck in.

this ☝️

Release it w/o Veronica. Rerecord it during the next sessions for a single or b-side. Problem solved. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like Morrissey is at fault here.

If Moz knew it was gonna turn to all this, he never
would have had her on the song to begin with.
Havin Miley on the song seemed like a kinda jokey
thing anyways.
She didn't add that much.

If only there was there a person or a group of people that you could purchase, with money, to do your promotion, manage the press and your image? Perhaps they could even be professionals? Who do this all for a living.

Apparently not, because Moz seems to be hell bent on Sam destroying his career

Back
Top Bottom