Message to Moz

Yes that went very well. It was hardly in depth though. And it was in the US.
Any in depth interview on TV in the UK would be like swimming with sharks.
Nobody’s asking him to go on Piers Morgan or Peston, though it depends if bridges have been suitably burned with anyone who might be a bit gentler.

Couldn’t imagine Jools Holland or Graham Norton giving him too much of a grilling.

Nobody’s asking him to go on Piers Morgan or Peston, though it depends if bridges have been suitably burned with anyone who might be a bit gentler.

Couldn’t imagine Jools Holland or Graham Norton giving him too much of a grilling.
Jonathan Ross would be ok. Would ITV even have him on though? Would any legacy media want to give him a 'platform'? There seems to be a concerted effort to just ignore him now and pretend he doesn't exist. It's been noticeable ever since Bonfire, and even more so, since Notre Dame. And cancelling shows at the last minute doesn't help.

Yes that went very well. It was hardly in depth though. And it was in the US.
Any in depth interview on TV in the UK would be like swimming with sharks.

What about Jarvis Cocker? He did a successful hour-long interview with Paul McCartney several years ago. The difference would be, he looks up to McCartney like a god, and considers Morrissey more as a peer/rival, and that difference might make it more interesting. I think he'd be curious to talk to Morrissey. He wouldn't be like a Paul Joseph Watson or "the Trigger boys," desperate to tease out something (anything) anti-woke or talking-points topical, and he also wouldn't be like a media journalist trying to get Morrissey's head on a stake.

Morrissey should continue to blank all media, and avoid lengthy interviews with serious media outlets.
Instead, he should concentrate on getting his health back to full strength, prioritise turning up for his concerts and stop pissing off the big record labels.
He’s now 65, so I suppose nothing will change.

She’s not joking.

That time I read the Bible, one sentence stayed with me, that was repeated at least half a dozen times in The Book of Proverbs, maybe elsewhere too, in variations of this one: It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house. :straightface:

What about Jarvis Cocker? He did a successful hour-long interview with Paul McCartney several years ago. The difference would be, he looks up to McCartney like a god, and considers Morrissey more as a peer/rival, and that difference might make it more interesting. I think he'd be curious to talk to Morrissey. He wouldn't be like a Paul Joseph Watson or "the Trigger boys," desperate to tease out something (anything) anti-woke or talking-points topical, and he also wouldn't be like a media journalist trying to get Morrissey's head on a stake.
Yes talking to another artist would be interesting. Again though, that would only happen now on the internet. The mainstream channels gave up on 'intelligent' content of that nature some time ago. Dumbing down is the order of the day.

Yes talking to another artist would be interesting. Again though, that would only happen now on the internet. The mainstream channels gave up on 'intelligent' content of that nature some time ago. Dumbing down is the order of the day.
Morrisey did talk about this an interview recently.
He mentioned bringing up this issue in the 90s, saying how there was a gradual dumbing down in all aspects of our culture, you turn on the tv and the adverts just have people dancing dancing dancing.
People dancing in £6 million pound kitchens, people dancing ordering a chicken wrap, people dancing whilst purchasing insurance.
I remember a tv interview he did sometime when he started out with Alain, the young audience members where asking about his literary influences, whether he liked more modern poets like Anne Sexton or Silvia Plath, the importance of having a good producer and what they can bring to an album etc.
You watch the same shows now and artists will be asked: “what are your workout tips? “How do you unwind and practise mindfulness?”

What about Moz sitting down with Douglas Murray for an hour long interview? That would be brilliant. The discussion could range from Oscar Wilde to Bonfire of Teenagers and the strange death of Europe.

What about Moz sitting down with Douglas Murray for an hour long interview? That would be brilliant. The discussion could range from Oscar Wilde to Bonfire of Teenagers and the strange death of Europe.
It would be very interesting to watch but if he does that he can kiss his chances of a record deal goodbye.
(If that ship hasn’t already sailed, hit an iceberg and been salvaged for scrap metal.)

The more time goes on the more I think Morrissey is right about many of his views that he’s spoken about.
You only have to look at the cultural changes in the UK, the import of terrorism, acid attacks, fgm amongst others.
There is almost nobody in public life be they politicians or journalists who will actually admit there is a problem and be honest about what the cause of the problem is.
As @gashonthenail said the other day, we have television interviews where acid attacks on our street are blamed on ‘toxic masculinity’ or members of parliament stepping down due to death threats from islamists gets the response: “MPs need to be nicer to each other.”

Anything but the truth, anything but the truth.

So I’m in two minds, at the same time I want to hear this music but I’d also like to hear him express his views.
I don’t think he can have both.

It would be very interesting to watch but if he does that he can kiss his chances of a record deal goodbye.
(If that ship hasn’t already sailed, hit an iceberg and been salvaged for scrap metal.)

The more time goes on the more I think Morrissey is right about many of his views that he’s spoken about.
You only have to look at the cultural changes in the UK, the import of terrorism, acid attacks, fgm amongst others.
There is almost nobody in public life be they politicians or journalists who will actually admit there is a problem and be honest about what the cause of the problem is.
As @gashonthenail said the other day, we have television interviews where acid attacks on our street are blamed on ‘toxic masculinity’ or members of parliament stepping down due to death threats from islamists gets the response: “MPs need to be nicer to each other.”

Anything but the truth, anything but the truth.

So I’m in two minds, at the same time I want to hear this music but I’d also like to hear him express his views.
I don’t think he can have both.
It is definitely over for any major label. In the UK that happened with Bonfire. Internationally it has happened with Notre Dame. No major label in the UK will release an album with Bonfire on it. No major label anywhere else will release an album with Notre Dame on it. It's self release or no release. So nothing to stop him sitting down with someone like Douglas.

I agree with much of what he says, but he’s not an expert on these matters. (few are)
I think he should stick to the music and arts, it would only ostracise him more and he’s human and needs to be loved.
Agree. The music is what he does best. When it comes to politics he often has foot in mouth disease.

That's not a bad idea. I've been complaining about Morrissey's lack of any comment on the Israel situation since it began (an ugly silence that seems like support, given the song) and I think Murray would be able to get something out of him on the subject.

That's not a bad idea. I've been complaining about Morrissey's lack of any comment on the Israel situation since it began (an ugly silence that seems like support, given the song) and I think Murray would be able to get something out of him on the subject.

I think Douglas would get something out of Morrissey ;)

Back
Top Bottom