Message to Moz

Disheartening that people would rather get fed sanitised views instead of wanting to find out what he is actually thinking. It’s like they’re clinging on to some kind of phantasy version of him.

There is a huge difference between edgy YouTubers and serious journalism. And why trigger the audience? Why not have a thoughtful and well-rounded conversation about him and his many decades as an artist and lyricist with someone who knows his work and knows music?
Have you even watched any of these shows? I don’t think they are ‘edgy’ at all, and what is a ‘serious’ journalist?
They often give much more rounded interviews and do their research better than your beloved serious journalists.
There is a reason that news and tv shows in general are hemorrhaging viewers.

Have you even watched any of these shows? I don’t think they are ‘edgy’ at all, and what is a ‘serious’ journalist?
They often give much more rounded interviews and do their research better than your beloved serious journalists.

I for one would love to hear a completely unfiltered Morrissey interview. It should be some interesting viewing. And if he causes people to turn away from him, so be it! They were not real fans anyway. Am I right?

I just don’t think that this is the way to go for him. His career needs resuscitation and I don’t think this show is capable of doing that. Has nothing to do with sanitation or fantasy versions. He did fantastic interviews with real journalists before, and I think he can still pull it off.

Not everything needs to be triggering.

Samsa is such an old biddy

Now they want a Wild Tremendous message for Moz?
Guess it's best to go on with some of that comfort food music.
Some of them good songs that always do ya right.

I just don’t think that this is the way to go for him. His career needs resuscitation and I don’t think this show is capable of doing that. Has nothing to do with sanitation or fantasy versions. He did fantastic interviews with real journalists before, and I think he can still pull it off.

Not everything needs to be triggering.
When you say triggering - you mean saying things that most people think?
Diversity of opinion is only to be found on the internet in 2024. You won't find it in the legacy media. Any legacy media journalist would only be interested in doing a hit job on him. The Trigger boys would be respectful. Because for anyone who is a free thinker, Moz is a legend.

When you say triggering - you mean saying things that most people think?
Diversity of opinion is only to be found on the internet in 2024. You won't find it in the legacy media. Any legacy media journalist would only be interested in doing a hit job on him. The Trigger boys would be respectful. Because for anyone who is a free thinker, Moz is a legend.
I don’t know what you think “most people” are thinking. And what opinions exactly are you missing in “legacy media”?

And you need to understand that you can be a “free thinker” in more ways than one. Without believing that everyone but yourself and those that agree with you are wrong.

Anyway, like I’ve said several times already, I think this would be the wrong way to go for Morrissey.

I don’t know what you think “most people” are thinking. And what opinions exactly are you missing in “legacy media”?

And you need to understand that you can be a “free thinker” in more ways than one. Without believing that everyone but yourself and those that agree with you are wrong.

Anyway, like I’ve said several times already, I think this would be the wrong way to go for Morrissey.
Have you heard of the science of polling?
It's not an exact science but it does give us an idea of what most people are thinking. And on subjects that have got Moz into trouble, such as mass immigration or the islamisation of Europe, for example, poll after poll would suggest that most people would very much agree with Moz on those topics. His views aren't controversial. But such views are controversial if you believe the legacy media.
It would be interesting to see data on how many people in France think the Notre Dame fire wasn't an accident. My guess is those sharing a similar opinion as Moz would be over 50%. But I can't imagine there's a strong desire to fund polling on that question. Makes it easier to dismiss such views as 'crazy' and 'far right' conspiracy theories.

Have you heard of the science of polling?
It's not an exact science but it does give us an idea of what most people are thinking. And on subjects that have got Moz into trouble, such as mass immigration or the islamisation of Europe, for example, poll after poll would suggest that most people would very much agree with Moz on those topics. His views aren't controversial. But such views are controversial if you believe the legacy media.
It would be interesting to see data on how many people in France think the Notre Dame fire wasn't an accident. My guess is those sharing a similar opinion as Moz would be over 50%. But I can't imagine there's a strong desire to fund polling on that question. Makes it easier to dismiss such views as 'crazy' and 'far right' conspiracy theories.
If I’ve heard of polling? Sure…? And I’m sure there are polls that imply that many people are thinking about this, but it’s hazardous to think that most do or that these polls (which I haven’t seen) are representative of the general public (in what country, by the way?). Like you say, they’re not an exact science and especially not when it comes to topics like these.

And regarding France, that’s all speculation. Let’s wait and see if there will be any polls.

And I don’t think it’s a great idea for Moz to go on a YouTube show called Trigger Nometry and talk about mass-immigration and/or Islamization.

And I don’t think it’s a great idea for Moz to go on a YouTube show called Trigger Nometry and talk about mass-immigration and/or Islamization.
Don't necessarily disagree with that. Although it would be well nigh impossible for Moz to talk about his career, especially his recent career, without touching on the response to some of his views at least.

Don't necessarily disagree with that. Although it would be well nigh impossible for Moz to talk about his career, especially his recent career, without touching on the response to some of his views at least.
Of course. It would be silly to avoid it, but I just don't want the sole purpose of a Morrissey interview to be to get him to say "controversial" stuff - whoever is holding the mic - for clicks or views.

Of course. It would be silly to avoid it, but I just don't want the sole purpose of a Morrissey interview to be to get him to say "controversial" stuff - whoever is holding the mic - for clicks or views.
The main desire of the Trigger boys I imagine would be to facilitate a dialogue and discussion that is interesting and entertaining. They wouldn't want to stitch up Moz and paint him as some sort of racist. Which is almost certainly what any legacy media journalist would want to do.

The main desire of the Trigger boys I imagine would be to facilitate a dialogue and discussion that is interesting and entertaining. They wouldn't want to stitch up Moz and paint him as some sort of racist. Which is almost certainly what any legacy media journalist would want to do.
The New York interview went well not so long ago.

That’s not what I’m after. That’s not serious journalism, stitch-ups. I want a deep, well-rounded and retrospective interview with a seasoned music journalist who knows Morrissey (as an artist) and his work. That’s what I’m dreaming of.

Are there any of those left?
I would hope so. Assume so. Greil Marcus is still alive. John Robb is great. Paul Morley? Simon Reynolds? John Doran would probably do a great job.

Back
Top Bottom