Melbourne - Palais Theater (Dec. 5, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful

Setlist courtesy of Tom Blom, J. Fernandez & FWD.

• Image from @antfan / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Images (3 total) posted by einrebell / pikuki via Mozzer1980 (original post).

23664-97bc8591806c0b151dc5d3283d4bdd82.jpg
  • Images by @markhopphotography (7 total) via Mozzer1980 (original post)

Last edited:
Great setlist! So many classics.

11 singles plus classics like Speedway, Half a Person, Please and Jack the Ripper.

Very audience friendly by Moz’ standards.
I can see how that setlist could make lots of people happy. Especially people who are not familiar with the bulk of his solo albums. I am fine with that.

However, in a not so distant past (look at Dublin & Liverpool this summer), he would change a couple of songs on the setlist if he was playing the same theater for several nights in a row, a nice gesture towards the people who go several nights in a row. Such a little thing, but the difference it makes…..

Camilla: Very Sexy, but Star Trek hand gesture and Kiss T-shirt totally cancels it out.

Carmen: If rocking "Our Frank" is the best compliment you can come up with then she's in trouble.

Juan Galeano Toro: Very cute in sort of a Napoleon Dynamite way. Style points, pants and shoes.

Lead singer: Sounds great, but thinks he's Iggy. Sausage without casing?

Hey, Life Is A Pig Sty!

I can see how that setlist could make lots of people happy. Especially people who are not familiar with the bulk of his solo albums. I am fine with that.

However, in a not so distant past (look at Dublin & Liverpool this summer), he would change a couple of songs on the setlist if he was playing the same theater for several nights in a row, a nice gesture towards the people who go several nights in a row. Such a little thing, but the difference it makes…..
Yes, agreed. I think he did so in Israel earlier this year, and also in Belgium in March.

What I was contesting was that the setlist wasn’t strong. It is, one of the better setlists he’s had, hits/singles wise. I do agree he could mix things up a little more, especially if he’s doing two shows in the same place.

It seems rather incredible to believe that by the end of next month he’ll be playing an entirely different setlist.

Hopefully some Quarry tracks will stay in the setlist going forwards, assuming those Quarry shows go ahead as advertised.

A return for Come Back to Camden would be greatly appreciated

Yes, agreed. I think he did so in Israel earlier this year, and also in Belgium in March.

What I was contesting was that the setlist wasn’t strong. It is, one of the better setlists he’s had, hits/singles wise. I do agree he could mix things up a little more, especially if he’s doing two shows in the same place.

It seems rather incredible to believe that by the end of next month he’ll be playing an entirely different setlist.
In the overall scheme of things, it is indeed a much better than average set-list.
About 60% of the crowd at these shows (and any shows of indie acts who found fame in the 80s) will only know the big songs from back in the day, and the relatively small number of better known songs from the last couple of decades.
This would be me when I go to see The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, Pulp etc - never bought any of their studio albums but know enough songs to enjoy seeing them live, and might know a recent song if it got good radio support (like Depeche Mode's 'Ghosts Again').
Hard to believe for many of us, perhaps, but a surprisingly large number of people at every Morrissey show are like that too.
And with the current setlist, they will be rewarded with about 10 songs that they know. A few years ago at a Morrissey concert they'd only get 3 or 4 max.

I could think of some other popular singles as well: Playboys, November spawned a monster, The more you ignore me, First of the gang, even Spent the day in bed. But I get your point and agree.
Unless he’ll only play 12 songs, I suppose some songs from the current setlist will stay on. But there will be 10 different songs ! And it is possible that a few mire YATQ songs will grace the LatAm setlist afterwards.

"Where, where the hell is Trinity? Nobody knows."
Odd opening.
Trinity’s one of a handful of super fans who Moz has given free concert tickets for life. I’ve met her at various Moz concerts around the world. It’s sort of like when he used to mention Julia at every concert.

Trinity’s one of a handful of super fans who Moz has given free concert tickets for life. I’ve met her at various Moz concerts around the world. It’s sort of like when he used to mention Julia at every concert.
Julia evokes some positive emotions in me. Once, at one of the concerts, I even made a secret photo of myself in front of her. :sweatsmile:
Anyway, if someone wants to spend the whole night/day looking at Moz's photos in Melboune, take a look at Trina's Instagram

Is this Trinity of the phone? I thought he was terrified of her getting too close? Didn't security put their hands out to prevent her getting too close in Las Vegas, and then he gave a coded sign to have her removed, or am I thinking of the wrong person? He was also uncomfortable with Julia's physical contact at the autobiography signing (in my professional opinion!). Or were they groupies and he a good actor? No, I think not!

Last edited:
He made a joke about women throwing their underwear at him when he arrived in Australia like they did Peter Wingard. After IBEH a woman actually threw her underwear at him and the look on his face was incredible haha
Check videos on page 4 posted by LH. The joke about Wngard is just before IBEH, and the throw at the start of Darling I Hug a Pillow :D

Camilla: Very Sexy, but Star Trek hand gesture and Kiss T-shirt totally cancels it out.

Carmen: If rocking "Our Frank" is the best compliment you can come up with then she's in trouble.

Juan Galeano Toro: Very cute in sort of a Napoleon Dynamite way. Style points, pants and shoes.

Lead singer: Sounds great, but thinks he's Iggy. Sausage without casing?

Hey, Life Is A Pig Sty!
There comes a time when men need to keep their shirt on. For Morrissey, that time came 20 years ago.

When I saw The National at Alexandra Palace in September, they played 30 songs on the first night and 30 different songs on the 2nd night, I thought that was incredible too.

Setlist sequence still not confirmed - perhaps the dolt copying clearly marked incomplete information here could reflect that fact on setlist.fm.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom