Melbourne - Palais Theater (Dec. 5, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful

Setlist courtesy of Tom Blom, J. Fernandez & FWD.

• Image from @antfan / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Images (3 total) posted by einrebell / pikuki via Mozzer1980 (original post).

23664-97bc8591806c0b151dc5d3283d4bdd82.jpg
  • Images by @markhopphotography (7 total) via Mozzer1980 (original post)

Last edited:
There comes a time when men need to keep their shirt on. For Morrissey, that time came 20 years ago.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! it was so hot!!!! first the long tease & then the follow through first tearing it off like a male stripper then tossing it so wantonly like it was a bunch of flowers

Hmm, maybe:
- Self release two albums/buy BOT back
- Fire all yes-men around
- Give proper interviews with real journalists
- Do proper promotion
- Change up the setlist
- Make up with some old acquaintances
- Self reflect/Take responsibility/be honest
- Kill M Central
- Give real explanation why shows are cancelled on short notice
- Don't cancel

(...)

That's a great list of what he should have done 10 years ago. But time has passed, he's going to be 65 next year and it would be the most dignified thing if he simply announced he was retiring to become an ordinary pensioner and getting a bus pass. Might even be in with a chance of getting asked to guest on someone else's album (there will never be another one of his own, and those 2 "lost" ones are only coming out posthumously).

You’d be a good manager! But of course… he’d still need to listen. 😂 In all seriousness…
I never post on here, but I read. Too many of you are too hard on Moz. He’s still recording, still touring, and sounds better than EVER. I’m grateful! He’s a maverick, an original, and the ultimate outsider — exactly what he’s always been. Be grateful is my advice for which you didn’t ask.
I was referring to his backdrop, I would never want to be his manager, because the Moz won't listen 😂

Agree with you that his voice seems to be in good shape and it's great, that he is still healthy enough to create and tour. Buuut the recording gets him nowhere at the moment.

And I will never be thankful for his shitty behaviour sometimes (e.g. cancelling concerts on a whim without explanation, lying about facts to get the fans worked up against people etc.), because why should I? That's not nice nor ok. And so people call him out for that. This has nothing to do with him having created great art, which no one on here seriously debates or isn't "thankful" for, if you will...

For God's sake, those clothes worn by the bass of the group are pitiful... I wonder what Morrissey thought of the boy's "facha".......
Ahhh but these are just stage clothes aren't they? Not what you'd wear around the house or to do your shopping. I think M is probably delighted at the mix of things going on around him. Having Carmen there effortlessly oozing rock-chic cool seems to have made Juan step up a bit. I like the billowy shirts M's adopting now as it works well for him at this point.
Maybe Cam not so much as she's buried behind all those keys and she's channelling so much black goth that she practically disappears. Her piano flourishes are often chopped off the YT vids too which is a crime.
02.jpg

Last edited:
Check videos on page 4 posted by LH. The joke about Wngard is just before IBEH, and the throw at the start of Darling I Hug a Pillow :D
Loved how one of his stage guys took it and put it on the pile at Brendan's drumset where he usually puts all of his presents... :LOL:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! it was so hot!!!! first the long tease & then the follow through first tearing it off like a male stripper then tossing it so wantonly like it was a bunch of flowers

He’s a gerontophile’s dream!

Last edited:
Pic by @mischievousnose

4.jpg

📸 by @markhopphotography

7.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Ahhh but these are just stage clothes aren't they? Not what you'd wear around the house or to do your shopping. I think M is probably delighted at the mix of things going on around him. Having Carmen there effortlessly oozing rock-chic cool seems to have made Juan step up a bit. I like the billowy shirts M's adopting now as it works well for him at this point.
Maybe Cam not so much as she's buried behind all those keys and she's channelling so much black goth that she practically disappears. Her piano flourishes are often chopped off the YT vids too which is a crime.
View attachment 98458
I said it very directly and in my opinion those clothes are horrible, it's not for just anyone to wear, and the bass player even less. . Moz was known for wearing good shirts, . There was a decline in her wardrobe, so there are times when she dresses badly. I think that a long time ago Moz was always impeccable in all the recitals, but a few years ago he began a decline, and sometimes he comes out badly dressed..., I mean for example the pants that age, because they are very big and also shorten his legs and he looks shorter... They are an example of how he is sometimes poorly dressed. Depending on the mood, Moz dresses for a heart attack and sometimes for oblivion. well, but Moz is so beautiful... equal

Back
Top Bottom