Morrissey Central "LUMINARY AYLESBURY" & "BAND IN GLOVE" (July 24, 2023)

LUMINARY AYLESBURY

IMG_4592.JPG

(Uncredited image by @conkan).

BAND IN GLOVE

0-1.jpeg

Morrissey band at Aylesbury last night: Carmen Vandenberg (guitar), Juan Galeano (bass), Morrissey (vocals), Jesse Tobias (guitar). Brendan Buckley (drums), Camila Grey (keyboards) obscured.

Photo by Violeta

I went to Troxy and was tired out the next. Good on the Moz for doing another belter of a show

Apart from Crystal Palace Park dropping for unexplained reasons, and Nottingham being cancelled at very short notice, the recent concerts have otherwise been going very well, and Moz has clearly been relaxed and chatting between songs and enjoying himself. And his voice sounds great.
What is noticeable is that not many songs from either Bonfire or Without Music are being played at recent shows. We have only heard 3 songs from Without Music. We have heard most of Bonfire previously but at recent shows we are only getting one or two songs from the album. That seems strange if the desire is to sell these albums to the highest bidder. Surly he would want to foster an ongoing 'buzz' around the new material?
Is it just possible that Moz has finally realised that the only viable option is to release this new material himself? That might explain the reticence? If you want to hear this new material then buy it and download it.
Will the 40 Years Tour come with an announcement of some kind about releasing the new material himself? God, I hope so. There will never be a better moment in his career to have a go. Oh.

Apart from Crystal Palace Park dropping for unexplained reasons, and Nottingham being cancelled at very short notice, the recent concerts have otherwise been going very well, and Moz has clearly been relaxed and chatting between songs and enjoying himself. And his voice sounds great.
What is noticeable is that not many songs from either Bonfire or Without Music are being played at recent shows. We have only heard 3 songs from Without Music. We have heard most of Bonfire previously but at recent shows we are only getting one or two songs from the album. That seems strange if the desire is to sell these albums to the highest bidder. Surly he would want to foster an ongoing 'buzz' around the new material?
Is it just possible that Moz has finally realised that the only viable option is to release this new material himself? That might explain the reticence? If you want to hear this new material then buy it and download it.
Will the 40 Years Tour come with an announcement of some kind about releasing the new material himself? God, I hope so. There will never be a better moment in his career to have a go. Oh.
Is there actually any money to be made with a download-only release? Someone would just post a wetransfer link in the downloads section here; I can’t imagine many would pay £9.99 or whatever when they can easily get the album from this site, or similar.
There would need to be a physical release, in various formats, with accompanying merchandise in order for him to recoup any costs. Given his press and the generally negative public opinion about him these days, he probably doesn’t want to take the risk of (a) giving the album away online, and (b) hoping he still has an audience left who will buy any physical products to make it worthwhile.

They are just a bunch of backing musicians.
I know that's always been the reality, even back to the days of 'the Lads', I just wish it wasn't broadcast so obviously. If they move the band back any further they'll be playing behind the backing curtain.

Wow, I don’t know what to say. I just shot it, without much thinking. Thanks for kind words.

May I have your permission to download the picture and use it eventually?

Last edited:
I think he was only playing three songs from Quarry, in 2002, when in a similar situation (Irish Blood, Gang, and Bores).

Is there actually any money to be made with a download-only release? Someone would just post a wetransfer link in the downloads section here; I can’t imagine many would pay £9.99 or whatever when they can easily get the album from this site, or similar.
There would need to be a physical release, in various formats, with accompanying merchandise in order for him to recoup any costs. Given his press and the generally negative public opinion about him these days, he probably doesn’t want to take the risk of (a) giving the album away online, and (b) hoping he still has an audience left who will buy any physical products to make it worthwhile.
He could also have CDs and vinyl pressed and sell via Mporium. Limited edition, signed - fans would gladly pay extra. And most importantly - he gets his work out there.

Unreleased songs played live 2022-2023

He could also have CDs and vinyl pressed and sell via Mporium. Limited edition, signed - fans would gladly pay extra. And most importantly - he gets his work out there.
He could, but he’s not going to. That would require some actual effort.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom