Live Nation: Bangkok & Hong Kong now cancelled (November 9, 2023)

Another sad day. 😔

FB_IMG_1699526239323~2.jpg

IMG_0374.jpeg

mbr.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
My sources are telling me this...

Morrissey found a lost kitten and was mesmerised by it so much the rest of the band couldn't get him to leave his personal tour bus in time for the show
Well. I found 3 kittens in my garden last week, I've looked after them for 11 days now and I haven't cancelled anything. And I'm a dog, so.

I also broke my foot* once and it didn't stop me from playing an instrument. (That was more due to the fact I never started playing any.)

Both true stories, bro!

*meaning paw. 'course.

The people defending him are embarrassing themselves. Marianne has got herself all worked up about anyone who dare question Mozzy’s ethics and behaviour.
Is that one of those 'elite' fans? I thought at least they'd be creative, interesting people. They seem lumpy, dull, uncultured.

Looks like Jakarta has now gone the same way.. An explanation/ reason/ excuse would be nice - this is 2023 after all.

To compare , Dylan's ( 82 years old ) Rough and Rowdy Ways World Wide Tour ( Europe , North America , Japan , 162 concerts since November 2021 . Only one cancelled due to extreme weather ( outdoor gig in Huesca , Spain ) . :thumb:

Looks like Jakarta has now gone the same way.. An explanation/ reason/ excuse would be nice - this is 2023 after all.

As others have mentioned, I'm leaning more and more towards the Mozzer being in league with some big time scammers. Where is all that money? Weeks to wait for a refund on top of all that time they've had that cash. He's the perfect bait, people want to see him and also known for canceling.

Call me naive and/or crazy but I could still see the Australian dates going through. IF the reason for the cancelations was Camila's broken foot - Dec 1 seems like enough time to get a replacement or maybe she's well enough to do the gigs then. But honestly hard to say as we don't know the reason(s) for the cancelations.

Last edited:
I'd love to know what is beyond their control. Whatever level of control they have it seems a bit weak. Yes I'll say again I am preparing myself for the cancellation of the Australian tour. It did seem too good to be true to finally share a Morrissey concert with my brother visiting from overseas. It wouldn't be so bad if at least we had a Morrissey culture that was producing albums but he's proven he can't make that work at all which makes touring cancellations all the worse.

Refund here we come! :ROFLMAO:

btw hurry up and cancel already Morrissey. I need time to make other plans :)
There's hope surely, 1 month is a long time.

If this has anything to do with the broken foot then it's beyond lame. You could simply play without one or hire a replacement without much effort.

If he kept the old keyboard player (and the old guitarist as well) we wouldn't be worrying about her broken foot.

It sounds like they would have been "kept" if the tour manager hadn't been so abhorrent to them. M seems to have decided - found out for himself, if you will - that it was easier to let them walk instead. ðŸĪ·â€â™‚ïļ

He used to juggle rent-a-drummers to make gigs work not so many years ago. He could easily do so now if Ms. Grey's injury is the precipitant here.

It sounds like they would have been "kept" if the tour manager hadn't been so abhorrent to them. M seems to have decided - found out for himself, if you will - that it was easier to let them walk instead. ðŸĪ·â€â™‚ïļ

He used to juggle rent-a-drummers to make gigs work not so many years ago. He could easily do so now if Ms. Grey's injury is the precipitant here.
If fellow feeling remains, which I've no doubt it does, I imagine Boz, Alain and co must feel quite compassionate towards Moz at this run of misfortune. They probably have exchanged a few supportive words. They're all musicians, after all, vulnerable to the vicissitudes of mortality, public taste, and the rest. It brings to mind the post about Sinead O' Connor, pleading for some understanding about the humanity of artists:

Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead’s life? No, it wasn’t. She was a challenge, and she couldn’t be boxed-up, and she had the courage to speak when everyone else stayed safely silent. She was harassed simply for being herself. Her eyes finally closed in search of a soul she could call her own. As always, the lamestreamers miss the ringing point, and with locked jaws they return to the insultingly stupid “icon” and “legend” when last week words far more cruel and dismissive would have done.

As others have mentioned, I'm leaning more and more towards the Mozzer being in league with some big time scammers. Where is all that money? Weeks to wait for a refund on top of all that time they've had that cash. He's the perfect bait, people want to see him and also known for canceling.
How much do you make if you keep all that cash for some time? The South America shows are 'postponed' so they kept the money since July/August until February.

Isn't more profitable to go and do a half-assed performance as he's used to?

ęģ§ 도ėŋ„ė— 갈 ė˜ˆė •ėļ데 ė§€ęļˆė€ 너ëŽī ęļīėžĨëĐ니ë‹Ī. 나는 ė‚īė•„ë‚Ļė„ ėˆ˜ ėžˆė„ęđŒ?

Jakarta now has an official cancellation notice.
FWD.

Jakarta now has an official cancellation notice.
FWD.
The next show will be in Australia. Asia is off.

The next show will be in Australia. Asia is off.
Unfortunately, in lieu of any mildly helpful and considerate 'official' statement, we will need to continue with this piecemeal approach.
All eyes on Japan...
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom