Morrissey Central "KICK ‘EM WHEN THEY FALL DOWN" (February 17, 2024)

You Promise Los Angeles GIF by ABC Network

I gave two examples of haters who do pull it off with wit and humor. I'm not saying they can all do it. Posters like Redacted and Johnnie Ray are absolute zeros, just blobs of boring negativity with no redeeming qualities. They're who the "dislike" button is for. But the ones who the "funny" option is for are really good.
I agree with a lot in this post. But you didn’t take into consideration that others, including me, may find no wit or humor in posts made by that anon, especially after it unnecessarily wished death and harm to M.
As for continually hanging around, all we have to do is subtract success from Morrissey (assume Johnny Marr never knocked on his door) and I think we would have the kind of so-called "jaded c*nt" Samsa likes to complain about. I like the jaded c*nts. Deliver us from "nice" people: "I have spent my whole life in ruins | because of people who are nice." Don't you think Morrissey, if he hadn't become famous, would have multiple banned accounts on internet forums for the royal family and the Cure at this point in his life? And you know those posts would've been as funny as they were vicious.

Sure, maybe. And if it were so, at least they would have been funny.

As you fail to acknowledge, I included myself among the jaded c***s. One can be jaded and still have something to offer. We all love Morrissey and his work and what he has meant for us (and continues to mean). It’s just that the continuous mishaps have made us tired, frustrated and…jaded.

And I spent an eternity going back and forth with Zoom trying my hardest to defend those of us who want to be able to critique and praise Moz on these boards. What I (and Zoom) is not keen on, however, is the Bennys, the Brummies, the Morrissey_sucks, and whatever else they’re called, whose sole purpose is to be provocative for the sake of being provocative. If you like these people, that’s fine. I don’t. I’m not keen on their propagandistic counterparts either, fyi. But obviously they’re all allowed here as much as you and me, until someone with authority says otherwise. But it’s not the mere ‘jaded c***s’ I complain about.

Sorry, then, I misunderstood. When you said name-calling and death wishes “should have no place here,” I thought you were calling for bannings or a rules change. I thought it was strange too because Morrissey himself does those things! What you’re saying now seems like a tautology: we should like the posters we like and dislike the ones we don’t. Fine, I agree with you.

Sorry, then, I misunderstood. When you said name-calling and death wishes “should have no place here,” I thought you were calling for bannings or a rules change. I thought it was strange too because Morrissey himself does those things! What you’re saying now seems like a tautology: we should like the posters we like and dislike the ones we don’t. Fine, I agree with you.
I don’t think death wishes have any place anywhere. And just because Morrissey does it doesn’t make it right, of course.
But yeah, that’s essentially what I’m saying.

FWD has said that he sees Sam is online, and then follows a Central post, so I guess Morrissey isn’t computer nerd enough to post himself on Central, which surely can’t be as user friendly as this website is. I don’t know how to post graphics like the Central posts, but here, I manage to post the basic stuff like photos, text, youtube videos, and vocaroos. I used to volunteer at an art gallery, and posting on its website was beyond my skill level. I imagine Morrissey wouldn’t want to spend his time fiddling around with…but as I’m typing this I’m thinking that maybe you’re right, and Morrissey does know how to do the layout and graphics and stuff that I couldn’t manage for the art gallery’s website.
It's a bit more nuanced than that.
Over the last 6 years of daily watching that site (not mentioning observing TTY in the same way prior), the public and private socials (few of which remain) and how they and posts have interrelated - there was a direct correlation between SER's posts/behaviour certainly in the transition from TTY to his photography account and then Central. That's how certain 'messages' ended up on his own FB whilst the idea of using a section of his photography webspace was being formulated.
The subsequent way in which certain topics have appeared on his private FB to then end up on Central moments later (not forgetting this happened with Jesse, JJ and others), how things are tagged by superfans and who reposts what by the band all would indicate a bit more of direct involvement than they (SER) much later tried distancing himself from. I believe I even noted posts from Central that happened whilst the band were actually on stage - so a bit difficult for Morrissey to be behind them all? Similarly, the 'online' FB messenger status for SER has tipped me off to new Central posts - which even lead to people asking how we get the news before others.
I doubt the people who are absolutely 'certain' who does what on that site have put in as much time or energy as myself (not particularly a fan of 'I' statements, but probably a valid observation in this case), so I'm always left wondering how they conclude as they do without at least acknowledging other possibilities.
Such is life.
FWD.

It's a bit more nuanced than that.
Over the last 6 years of daily watching that site (not mentioning observing TTY in the same way prior), the public and private socials (few of which remain) and how they and posts have interrelated - there was a direct correlation between SER's posts/behaviour certainly in the transition from TTY to his photography account and then Central. That's how certain 'messages' ended up on his own FB whilst the idea of using a section of his photography webspace was being formulated.
The subsequent way in which certain topics have appeared on his private FB to then end up on Central moments later (not forgetting this happened with Jesse, JJ and others), how things are tagged by superfans and who reposts what by the band all would indicate a bit more of direct involvement than they (SER) much later tried distancing himself from. I believe I even noted posts from Central that happened whilst the band were actually on stage - so a bit difficult for Morrissey to be behind them all? Similarly, the 'online' FB messenger status for SER has tipped me off to new Central posts - which even lead to people asking how we get the news before others.
I doubt the people who are absolutely 'certain' who does what on that site have put in as much time or energy as myself (not particularly a fan of 'I' statements, but probably a valid observation in this case), so I'm always left wondering how they conclude as they do without at least acknowledging other possibilities.
Such is life.
FWD.
I believe I remember an instance where Morrissey was on stage when a Central post was made, not so long ago, now that you mention it.

Instead of worrying about what other people are doing all the time, please find somewhere to buy a f***ing brain already.

Gordy joined after you and has posted less than you. Thewlis joined after you, and you have made in that time almost 300% as many posts as Thewlis has. And I registered this account a full 10 years after you, and even pro-rata, I am also still a less frequent poster than you are.

You are here all the time polluting every concert thread (and many others) with your stupid negative shit, and most of the time you do so before the concerts have even occurred yet. :crazy:

Which you’re entitled to do. Just leave me out of your idiotic retorts to people when you feel like mentioning me for the sole purpose of trying invent some new stupid shit to say.

Because all your old shit is plenty stupid enough already!

Hi Skanky thing, I think you may be confusing me with someone else, I have been to numerous Smiths/Morrissey gigs and never once been negative about any that I have attended. I have been negative about the ones he has cancelled on me.

Your post looks like you are rather agitated, you should get out more, a 5K run listening to Morrissey/ Smiths is great for clearing the mind (and your resting heartbeat) I listened to 25 live yesterday and tonight it was was the Boston gig which came with the Queen Is Dead reissue, I'll probably move on to the Bunnymen tomorrow though as I've just seen a tweet of them rehearsing for their forthcoming tour.

Keep calm and keep healthy, it's good for you

What explanation do you want? He has a history of becoming depressed & bolting.
Whose side are you on?! Poor Morrissey! What he does once eclipses all the times he shows up skipping and quipping.
I agree. Adding pure toxicity, in the spirit of Benny, Morrissey sucks and whatever else they’re called, is not what I’m advocating. Maybe you should have this discussion with some of the more fervent critics here.
True, Gregor. You're not the worst. Maybe those of us who seem to understand seem the most treacherous when we let out a rare wail. Still, 'nuance' is used to cover even extreme views these days, which it was never meant to. But peace, anyway ☮️

From a psychological point of view, Zoom, venting or verbalising is seen as highly beneficial. It is the essence of the various 'talking therapies'. I am not saying that we come here for therapy - but it's hard to be a Morrissey fan without having some frustrations. And it is generally a good thing to express those.

I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.
In general, spot on, but it appears that some of the negative posters on here are aware that what they mutter in spite is done in full view of a watching world and may even get taken up elsewhere as the common position on Morrissey. So it's not harmless, though the leeway given to spew forth without any structural impediment may make it feel so.

Well each to there own, I generally go see him when he's touring round here but I tend to travel far and wide to see bands like New Order and Buzzcocks. Currently toying with the idea of going to Australia for the Buzzcocks tour this year.
Do all those many other bands you mention so favorably have no fan-sites of their own for you to spend time fawning over them there?

Last edited:
I've just been out for my daily 5K run listening to 25 live which was great but was also thinking that I do find it intriguing though why people like yourself /Thewlis/Gordy/ Skanky thing are happy to spend so much time on a site that your hero detests.
he isnt my hero,i like his voice and the music on his songs,i keep my hero worship for the person in my thumbnail.

Whose side are you on?! Poor Morrissey! What he does once eclipses all the times he shows up skipping and quipping.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that his depression has been a factor in his career.

I'm on the side of his art. I don't want it put in skip because a bunch of creeps have latched on to him.

Do all those many other bands you mention so favorably have no fan-sites of their own for you to spend time fawning over them there?
So, I will ask again and maybe you could give some kind of coherent answer instead of posting a gollum. Why are you again telling Surface, like you did about a week ago, that he should go to other sites to discuss other bands? This is David's site and he decides what happens here, not you. He has given us forums in which to post about other bands, so it is actually encouraged here. Articulate your point, if you have one.

I see Morrissey is on a real nostalgic Smiths kick today. Fine - now sort out your beef with Johnny so we can get some more expanded anniversary edition boxsets. You can still technically do a 40th Anniversary Edition of the debut album, with a bunch of demos and the complete Troy Tate recordings. Then we can have a 'Meat is Murder 40th Edition' box next year.

Get your new manager on the case! ;)
Keep away from that Johnny Marr.

politics is so toxic these days that radio stations would rather play gary glitter than someone who has a different slant than their own.i wouldnt want his songs anywhere near middle of the road radio 2.
people who are now djs.
rylan-absolute twat with the whitest and biggest teeth in britain.
emma bunton-former spice girl.
carol vorderman-former brainbox who denies she had a boob job and everyone knows she has.
dermot o leary-full time bawbag.
zoe ball-a person who lost a million listeners and got a million pound pay rise.
liza tarbuck-rather have jimmy tarbuck.
alan carr-used to be funny,
vernon kay-a guy whos career was over and ate a camels dick on the jungle show and now hes a dj.
graham norton-how much money does one person need.
cerys mathews-geez peace.
guy garvie-elbow singer,would rather have tennis elbow.
iggy pop-is on radio 6 today at 4,oh how the mighty have fallen.
i could be here till midnight but this just shows how radio has been taken over by utter dug meat in the last ten years,anyone can get a job as a dj if you have the right agent.
was just looking at the epg on my tv and steve wright is on radio 2 at 9 this morning,you never know the minute,for anybody not from here,he died during the week.
Love it. Nobody has balls these days. F**king Rylan Clark. That f**ker has so many personalities. He practised his whole life in front of the mirror. And as you say I could be here till midnight...there are no unique,independent personalities out there any more Just puppets.
Come Armegeddon.

Boy and Bicycle is an interesting film. Wish towns were as deserted as that on a week day nowadays! When the boy, reflecting on death in the fisherman's hut towards the end, says "Like going to sleep. Dropped off with a smile on her lips" it reminded me of the lines in That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore: 'I just might die with a smile on my face after all'.
Never seen it. Gonna watch it.

Yep, it sucks that the pandemic shutdown played a role in IANADOAC’s poor sales.
With the lable not pushing it and no videos, Morrissey’s reputation being what it was and not being able to tour it, which unfortunately by his choice, is the only form of promotion that INADOAC would have gotten.

Someone might foolishly say, ‘well, Viva Hate and Vauxhall did well without him touring it’ Again, apples and oranges. He had a better reputation during Viva and even Vauxhall (pre-internet, is there a connection?) both albums had great promo videos, a decent budget given by the label, plus the interviews, and the instores he did as promotion had a huge advantage over INADOAC’s fate. And so, I’m gonna risk it for a biscuit, by saying, both of those albums did have a much better chance of success than INADOAC would ever get.

View attachment 101800
At the video. Or is it called a me-mo or a meme. Haven't got a clue.

Back
Top Bottom