Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Some people like shit then. Fair enough.
Most people like shit. Otherwise the continued existence of radio stations haphazardly helmed by hysterical DJs wouldn't make any sense. Or the Brit Awards. Or Grammys. Or Eastenders, Coronation Street, reality TV shows, plus 90% of prime time TV. Or McDonalds, KFC, and Burger King. Or Boris Johnson.

Absolutely.

Anyone who knows anything about Morrissey knows that the entirety of that open letter is a a plea for a few scraps of kindness, wrapped up as a 'request' to be ignored.

He just wants to hear that JM cares and doesn't mean the stupid shit he sometimes says, and JM KNOWS THAT but still can't bring himself to do it. How difficult would be it be for this bloke to say "Mozzer, you've got me all wrong - I don't think you're a monster at all. I love you mate, let's not spat like this."

It would mean the world to Moz.
Jesse, Nile and the Twatterati wouldn't know where to look, either.

However I look it's clear to see, that I love you more than you love me.
That's their entire relationship and whatever you think of Moz, the poor bastard doesn't deserve it.

Obviously, I don't know... but I prefer to think a lot of this back and forth between them is for show and they have and use more direct means to communicate with each other than open letters, Twitter, etc. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the two of them (granted, maybe separately) are having a laugh over how wound up people are getting over all of this supposed 'drama.'

Last edited:
Nothing to spill, because there is no
‘career ending stories’.

Morrissey falling down drunk in a restaurant, saying ‘do you know who I am’?

Lol. Big fvcking deal.

And who’s trying to protect him? and why?

Hey, I don’t mind being wrong and corrected. But these people Haslam, solo guests and members need to give us the proof of these stories, or shut the hell up.
I absolutely agree, that's why i'm so curious about these so called "gossips", i honestly doubt they are as bad as they are trying to make them be(if they are even true of course)... if they consider being drunk in a restaurant a gossip....
I've searched around for gossip before and i've never found anything about M at all, if there was something i'm sure by now it would be public in a way or another, i doubt anyone has a interest into protecting him, especially his ex bandmates.

Most people like shit. Otherwise the continued existence of radio stations haphazardly helmed by hysterical DJs wouldn't make any sense. Or the Brit Awards. Or Grammys. Or Eastenders, Coronation Street, reality TV shows, plus 90% of prime time TV. Or McDonalds, KFC, and Burger King. Or Boris Johnson.

Yes agree. But some think that chart
success automatically means artistic
success. Yes you can have both, but it’s very very rare.

The “do you know who I am” - I’d almost forgotten about that. Almost.
Good post👍
I reckon that IF our Moz was drunk and IF he haughtily enquired "do you know WHO I am?!!!" then the only rational explanation is that someone spiked his drink and he genuinely didn't know who he was himself. It's really obvious when you work it out.

Absolutely.

Anyone who knows anything about Morrissey knows that the entirety of that open letter is a a plea for a few scraps of kindness, wrapped up as a 'request' to be ignored.

He just wants to hear that JM cares and doesn't mean the stupid shit he sometimes says, and JM KNOWS THAT but still can't bring himself to do it. How difficult would be it be for this bloke to say "Mozzer, you've got me all wrong - I don't think you're a monster at all. I love you mate, let's not spat like this."

It would mean the world to Moz.
Jesse, Nile and the Twatterati wouldn't know where to look, either.

However I look it's clear to see, that I love you more than you love me.
That's their entire relationship and whatever you think of Moz, the poor bastard doesn't deserve it.
I agree. Moz is feeling very low. His mother passing. No record label despite (hopefully) having an ace album in the bag and the likelihood of more with Alain. Nobody ever saying anything nice about him (apart from Eddie Vedder but not sure if that counts). Then he opens Uncut and reads more negativity. People treat Moz like dirt and it's annoying me now. Enough is too much.

I absolutely agree, that's why i'm so curious about these so called "gossips", i honestly doubt they are as bad as they are trying to make them be(if they are even true of course)... if they consider being drunk in a restaurant a gossip....
I've searched around for gossip before and i've never found anything about M at all, if there was something i'm sure by now it would be public in a way or another, i doubt anyone has a interest into protecting him, especially his ex bandmates.

Do you or did you in live in GM in Morrissey's early years, If not how would you hear any gossip?

:)

maybe the gossip is that there are photos of anorexic Moz wearing tiny swimming britches in the ocean.:straightface:
while wearing a :guardsman:

:hammer:

Who knows,

Well you surely don’t.

But you get a sick kick out of posting
a photo of Morrissey and Marr together, trying to insinuate something, without any proof to back up your posting.

You’re the worst.

Do you or did you in live in GM in Morrissey's early years, If not how would you hear any gossip?
I do. I've lived in south Manchester for 18 years. I heard about Morrissey meeting Marr in the pub shortly after it happened, years before it became public knowledge. I've never heard any terrible "career-ending" stories about Morrissey.

I do. I've lived in south Manchester for 18 years. I heard about Morrissey meeting Marr in the pub shortly after it happened, years before it became public knowledge. I've never heard any terrible "career-ending" stories about Morrissey.

Me neither, heard stuff but nothing horrible, mainly things that don't match with what he likes people to see/think.

Me neither, heard stuff but nothing horrible, mainly things that don't match with what he likes people to see/think.
Then why don't you tell us what you heard instead of insinuating you know some big stuff?

Speculation isn’t rife in south Manchester right now but, speculate is what folk will do far beyond here.
It’s all historic. Play your favourite songs, that’s the answer.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom