Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
No. he is saying, I wouldn't run your mouth too much.
As the rivers of crap that will head his way, will drown him
I dont like Dave H. But how can people say he is a nothing and who would want him on your team when M seems to mainly have incels and Fiona as his defenders?

I am pro M in this, I think he has a point BUT I am not blind to reality
Fair point. But it wasn’t really a helpful intervention from Haslam, and it’s becoming something of a habit with him: agitating in a disingenuously passive fashion.

Apparently, the possibility of trouble didn’t cross his mind when he timed an event so it coincided with Morrissey’s planned Manchester performance. And whilst he has incriminating information, sharing it is the apparently the last thing on his mind? I mean, why mention it in the first place?

I don’t know how others see it, but to me Haslam seems to be constantly rolling in shit and then presenting himself as if he smells of Roses.

I speak as someone who has seen Haslam speak glowingly of Morrissey at a public event. Which Haslam am I to believe, if not neither? And whilst ‘blackmail’ isn’t quite what’s going on now with him, his post’s aim was directed below the belt and it carried threat and menace.

Exactly
But people see only what they want to see.
Can we really blame Morrissey for not wanting to have anything to do with a guy that clearly dislikes him and wanted to approach him only for money...
JM is just jumping on the "hate Morrissey" bandwagon because he can profit out of it
Pretty sure Marr genuinely hates Morrissey - he started that bandwagon when he left the Smiths!

Just tell us what it is, rather than hint... say it .

Morrissey's criminal activity?

:popcorn:

...I'll tell you all something for free though. None of this would have happened if Morrissey had learnt how to play an instrument.:mad:

Fair point. But it wasn’t really a helpful intervention from Haslam, and it’s becoming something of a habit with him: agitating in a disingenuously passive fashion.

Apparently, the possibility of trouble didn’t cross his mind when he timed an event so it coincided with Morrissey’s planned Manchester performance. And whilst he has incriminating information, sharing it is the apparently the last thing on his mind? I mean, why mention it in the first place?

I don’t know how others see it, but to me Haslam seems to be constantly rolling in shit and then presenting himself as if he smells of Roses.

I speak as someone who has seen Haslam speak glowingly of Morrissey at a public event. Which Haslam am I to believe, if not neither? And whilst ‘blackmail’ isn’t quite what’s going on now with him, his post’s aim was directed below the belt and it carried threat and menace.
Another bit of terrible Moz news could certainly derail any label interest!

Jesus, there are loads of true stories about Morrissey in Manchester
As much as they have back stabbed him and mocked him, in private ..The manchester mob have protected him , from day one. I have to say that ,

From dumb things like being drunk falling over in restaurants , saying " do you know who I am"
to more career ending thing. They protected him and kept it all "in house"

If Morrissey would have done this stuff in America, he would have been hung out to dry years ago- American's sell anyone out for money or fame.

Fiona is such a dumb cow, she is the one who thinks she knows M's every instinct.NOT marr.
Yet she knows nothing about him, not really . Which is why there is no point in reading anything she has written
The “do you know who I am” - I’d almost forgotten about that. Almost.
Good post👍

Gated article so reproduced in full here (it may or may not move):

By James Hall.

Why Morrissey and Johnny Marr hate each other

Unfortunately for Morrissey, his letter is unlikely to change anything. Marr will probably continue to use his name in interviews – not because it’s clickbait, but because he’s a Smith. The Beatles split up 52 years and people still ask Paul McCartney about John Lennon. This is no different.

Morrissey’s best chance of not being talked about is actually far simpler than writing a letter. In fact, it involves doing precisely nothing. If Morrissey really doesn’t want to be chatted about, he should simply shut up. Many – perhaps even Marr himself – would welcome it.

Regards,
FWD.

Agree with this.

Morrissey needs to knock his next album out of the park, stop getting tied up with obvious grifters and scumbags like Tommy Robinson, take the tin foil hat off, stop watching Murdoch news and just focus on the music and count the blessings he has been given. Marr will keep getting asked questions but i bet there won't be as many if Morrissey is on form, focused on the music and happy.

Another bit of terrible Moz news could certainly derail any label interest!
There's an old saying in England, I know it's in my country, probably in England, that "all pr is good pr", meaning attention and publicity is good for sales regardless of whether it's good or terrible.

Now i'm curious
What ending career stories?
I've heard nothing about them, but the falling drunk in a restaurant is something i can picture him actually.
Please spill

Nothing to spill, because there is no
‘career ending stories’.

Morrissey falling down drunk in a restaurant, saying ‘do you know who I am’?

Lol. Big fvcking deal.

And who’s trying to protect him? and why?

Hey, I don’t mind being wrong and corrected. But these people Haslam, solo guests and members need to give us the proof of these stories, or shut the hell up.

I would suggest that a little spiritual understanding wouldn’t go amiss from Marr— as Morrissey doubtless had to endure the relationship too; I’m sure he also felt a little ‘bruised’ by events.
Absolutely.

Anyone who knows anything about Morrissey knows that the entirety of that open letter is a plea for a few scraps of kindness, wrapped up as a 'request' to be ignored.

He just wants to hear that JM cares and doesn't mean the stupid shit he sometimes says, and JM KNOWS THAT but still can't bring himself to do it. How difficult would it be for this bloke to say "Mozzer, you've got me all wrong - I don't think you're a monster at all. I love you mate, let's not spat like this."

It would mean the world to Moz.
Jesse, Nile and the Twatterati wouldn't know where to look, either.

However I look it's clear to see, that I love you more than you love me.
That's their entire relationship and whatever you think of Moz, the poor bastard doesn't deserve it.

Last edited:
There's an old saying in England, I know it's in my country, probably in England, that "all pr is good pr", meaning attention and publicity is good for sales regardless of whether it's good or terrible.

I think it's even more true these days, there's a lot of money to be made out of being terrible(no kiddy diddlin tho)

Absolutely.

Anyone who knows anything about Morrissey knows that the entirety of that open letter is a a plea for a few scraps of kindness, wrapped up as a 'request' to be ignored.

He just wants to hear that JM cares and doesn't mean the stupid shit he sometimes says, and JM KNOWS THAT but still can't bring himself to do it. How difficult would be it be for this bloke to say "Mozzer, you've got me all wrong - I don't think you're a monster at all. I love you mate, let's not spat like this."

It would mean the world to Moz.
Jesse, Nile and the Twatterati wouldn't know where to look, either.

However I look it's clear to see, that I love you more than you love me.
That's their entire relationship and whatever you think of Moz, the poor bastard doesn't deserve it.
But you’re hoping JM doesn’t think he’s a monster and you’re hoping JM really cares
It’s the hope that kills you, eventually.

But you’re hoping JM doesn’t think he’s a monster and you’re hoping JM really cares
It’s the hope that kills you, eventually.
So true.
and every time I hope, JM just twists the knife.
How can it be the same man who said this?

"People think that I’m the antithesis of Morrissey. If that’s the thing they relate to me for, well, they’re wrong. (....) As people, I was probably as dysfunctional in my own way as he was until I immersed myself in pop culture. The thing about the two of us is we heard and saw things in records that weren’t even there.

When he met me, he knew we were different in the way we expressed ourselves, but the most important thing to him spiritually was the most important thing to me spiritually. You can’t be that close with someone for that length of time and go through what we went through on a minute-by-minute basis without having the ultimate connection. I know it sounds very poetic, but that’s what kept us together. Only he and I know that something like a fight or a difference in lifestyles or court cases or who said what in the press about who, or what fans might say, is pretty small change compared to the connection we have. It’s very deep. In short, there’s a very big part of him that I understand. And he knows it."

OPEN LETTER TO JOHNNY MARR.

How about a one off gig in Manchester???
Pick up the phone to Mike, Andy and Craig :thumbsup:
Rick Astley on vocals :thumbsup:
Electronic opening set :thumbsup:
Dave Haslam DJ set after show :thumbsup:

What a killer blow that would be for Pansy Pete.

Have a great weekend Johnny, love and best wishes to Angie X

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

Nothing to spill, because there is no
‘career ending stories’.

Morrissey falling down drunk in a restaurant, saying ‘do you know who I am’?

Lol. Big fvcking deal.

And who’s trying to protect him? and why?

Hey, I don’t mind being wrong and corrected. But these people Haslam, solo guests and members need to give us the proof of these stories, or shut the hell up.

FKBwm63XsAc13kj.jpeg

:)

LePepe would be currently bald (no money for wigs) and playing Kajagoogoo covers in pub band had it not been for Moz:lbf:

im still recuperating from 👁️👁️
those disturbing LePepe 'erotic 6o yr old anorexic wig dude on the ocean':popcorn:

with the tiny bathing suit:sick:

whats come over him? wanting Moz to 'call him':tears:
like his 'other friends' call him:paranoid:

somethings not right with the Pepe thats for damn sure:hammer:

Johnny Marr comes across quite dumb with that tweet.

Just type 'open letter to' into Google and see all the open letters to Facebook, Twitter etc.

I mean, Neil Young posted an open letter a few days ago to Spotify.
What I don't get is.... how are you supposed to read a letter unless it's opened. I mean seriously....get with the programme! :ROFLMAO: :crazy:

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom