Is the owner of the Twitter account @MorrisseysWorld Morrissey himself?

i can understand why some people dont like MW as they had a go at solo and some of the people on here, but not all of us on MW have been disrespectful towards solo, or anyone on here, we enjoy having a laugh and if i want to take a rose to a concert where's the harm in that, suddenly i am a wanker etc. etc., is there any need for it.. you shouldn't assume that we cant think for ourselves and to the person on twitter who sent me a message saying that he would punch me if he bumps in to me wearing or holding a rose..DO bring it on, you just might get a surprise..regards, manc lad

i can understand why some people dont like MW as they had a go at solo and some of the people on here, but not all of us on MW have been disrespectful towards solo, or anyone on here, we enjoy having a laugh and if i want to take a rose to a concert where's the harm in that, suddenly i am a wanker etc. etc., is there any need for it.. you shouldn't assume that we cant think for ourselves and to the person on twitter who sent me a message saying that he would punch me if he bumps in to me wearing or holding a rose..DO bring it on, you just might get a surprise..regards, manc lad

I'll tell you why I find it offensive. It's because many, many well-meaning Morrissey fans have been misled into believing something that is at the end of the day a prank. That alone would be shameful. To have myself and others dragged into it over a period of months and abused for merely pointing out that fans were being shamefully misled makes it even worse. You might think it's a laugh, but I and others have had to deal with the consequences when we'd rather not have.

P.

The opening lines of MorrisseysWorld blog ‘This is a parody blog….’
Further down ‘This site is a self-aware parody of the singing icon, legendary wordsmith and imperious monarch of indie music we all know as Moz.’

The NotMorrissey@MorrisseysWorld twitter account says in the profile ‘It's a Morrissey parody for heaven's sake!’

What can possibly be misleading about this?

Further down ‘This site is a self-aware parody of the singing icon, legendary wordsmith and imperious monarch of indie music we all know as Moz.’

The NotMorrissey@MorrisseysWorld twitter account says in the profile ‘It's a Morrissey parody for heaven's sake!’

Nicely put, but it wasn't always posted there, was it? It didn't always say that, did it? Only when the gaff was blown were those phrases put there; up until that point the deception was still on, wasn't it? With no apology to those taken in.

P.

Saying " look I'm only only joking" after being issued public notice, and after taking in some very gullible people may not be misleading now, but this website is most certainly guilty of trying to pass itself off in the past, as something it most certainly isn't. Had it announced itself as parody from day one, I am certain that nobody would be in the slightest bit interested in it (let's face it, it is utter drivel) but it didn't do that. I suppose it's a matter of whether or not it amuses you? It fails me.

Nicely put, but it wasn't always posted there, was it? It didn't always say that, did it? Only when the gaff was blown were those phrases put there; up until that point the deception was still on, wasn't it? With no apology to those taken in.

P.

What a ridiculous comment. You promoted @Morrisseysmum on here, which nowhere said "this is not really Morrissey's mum" because it hardly needs stating.

The parody blog was always an obvious parody. The only reason Morrissey denied it was real is because he found it funny, obviously. Why else would he waste his breath?

I think that's the same reason Morrissey continues to do everything the blog says he will do.

Uncle Skinny is all for free speech when it comes to trashing Morrissey but he's not for it when it comes to discussing an amusing parody blog!

Let's face it, he's just bitter because the blog told some home truths about his behaviour!

it was over a year ago that i found MW and i can tell you that even then it had a statement on it saying that true to you were aware and were ok with the blog..now if julia is the official spokesperson for his camp why did they not post a simple request to take the blog down which is all it would have taken..manc lad

What a ridiculous comment. You promoted @Morrisseysmum on here, which nowhere said "this is not really Morrissey's mum" because it hardly needs stating.

The parody blog was always an obvious parody. The only reason Morrissey denied it was real is because he found it funny, obviously. Why else would he waste his breath?

I think that's the same reason Morrissey continues to do everything the blog says he will do.

Uncle Skinny is all for free speech when it comes to trashing Morrissey but he's not for it when it comes to discussing an amusing parody blog!

Let's face it, he's just bitter because the blog told some home truths about his behaviour!

Hello Anonymous! You are a deluded c*** and your opinions stink. How about that? The blog is a f***ing joke, you and those involved are deluded idiots and I wish you all the very worst for the future. Happy New Year!

P.

P.S One more thing - you are a c***.

P.P.S - You are so desperately thick you cannot see the irony in being allowed to post on a site you claim to despise, and yet won't allow it on your site. Oh wait, for 'site' read shitty blogspot blog by poorly fat bloke.

P.P.P.S No matter how much you protest, you have defrauded fans, posted 'Oh it's only a parody' way after your delusion was set in train. You are an appalling human being and I really do wish you the very worst for what you have attempted to do to well-meaning fans. You unfunny, shitty, terrible twat.

P.P.P.P.S f*** you, and f*** your shitty, shitty second-hand arsewipe blog. I wish it all the success of a dog-shit eclair.

Last edited:
Hello Anonymous! You are a deluded c*** and your opinions stink. How about that? The blog is a f***ing joke, you and those involved are deluded idiots and I wish you all the very worst for the future. Happy New Year!

P.

P.P.S - You are so desperately thick you cannot see the irony in being allowed to post on a site you claim to despise, and yet won't allow it on your site. Oh wait, for 'site' read shitty blogspot blog by poorly fat bloke.

P.P.P.S No matter how much you protest, you have defrauded fans, posted 'Oh it's only a parody' way after your delusion was set in train. You are an appalling human being and I really do wish you the very worst for what you have attempted to do to well-meaning fans. You unfunny, shitty, terrible twat.

P.P.P.P.S f*** you, and f*** your shitty, shitty second-hand arsewipe blog. I wish it all the success of a dog-shit eclair.

Disgraceful behaviour. You have claimed on this thread to be a victim of abuse when you merely pointed out that fans were being misled, but when posters here have said that they have been aware all along that MorrisseysWorld was a self-aware parody, and that statements on the MWblog confirmed this you have responded by being vile and abusive.

A Peaceful New Year to all.

Disgraceful behaviour. You have claimed on this thread to be a victim of abuse when you merely pointed out that fans were being misled, but when posters here have said that they have been aware all along that MorrisseysWorld was a self-aware parody, and that statements on the MWblog confirmed this you have responded by being vile and abusive.

A Peaceful New Year to all.

Yep, that's a pretty spot-on assessment. Well done.

P.

Edit - hang on - which posters here have said they were aware it was a parody all along? Apart from yourself, that is? You started the blog as a delusion, and only when forced to say so admitted it was a parody. In short, you only admitted it was a fake when you were called out on it, having already deluded hundreds of well-meaning fans. That makes you a fraudster in my book.

Last edited:

P.

From a website moderator who's duty is to ensure reasonable discourse?

An absolutely disgraceful post

Yep, that's a pretty spot-on assessment. Well done.

P.

Edit - hang on - which posters here have said they were aware it was a parody all along? Apart from yourself, that is? You started the blog as a delusion, and only when forced to say so admitted it was a parody. In short, you only admitted it was a fake when you were called out on it, having already deluded hundreds of well-meaning fans. That makes you a fraudster in my book.

Anyone who thought that blog was real is an idiot, i have no sympathy for them

Mods should post their opinions as any other user. I doubt there can be any reasonable discourse with the manipulative type that support this blog.

From a website moderator who's duty is to ensure reasonable discourse?

An absolutely disgraceful post

Mods should post their opinions as any other user. I doubt there can be any reasonable discourse with the manipulative type that support this blog.

Haha! Manipulative type that supports the blog? You, sir, are banned from every Morrissey concert for being a vehicle of hatred for the man!

Don't you get the humour? It's funny!

As to 'fraud' - fraud is when someone cons someone else out of money or possessions, not when they run a highly amusing and very enigmatic parody site.

Also compiling IPs and profiling people, and violating copyright, which you do routinely on this site, are both criminal offences in the UK punishable with jail terms.

So putting this all together now.

Morrissey hates this site. Morrissey hates David. Morrissey doesn't appear to mind the blog, in fact he may even like it.

Is this why you're so bitter and angry?

A happy new year - even to vehicles of hatred towards Morrissey, such as David and P.

Morrissey doesn't appear to mind the blog, in fact he may even like it.

"Morrissey doesn't appear to mind the blog, in fact he may even like it" despite the fact that he denied and ridiculed it three or four times and sent legal notice for you to list that it is a parody? Oh right, those are "signs," I forgot. The whole business is yawnsome. The humor attempted in the blog is tiredly unimpressive. And I'm not even a major proponent of this site. It's useful, I'll give david that. But the desperate crazies it attracts, I'll tell ya. Tedious. And not in the "cool," "trolling-is-the-new-punk-rock" sort of way. More of in a "it-causes-a-resonable-human-being-mental-pain-to-suffer-your-comedic-ineptitude" way.

"Morrissey doesn't appear to mind the blog, in fact he may even like it" despite the fact that he denied and ridiculed it three or four times and sent legal notice for you to list that it is a parody? Oh right, those are "signs," I forgot. The whole business is yawnsome. The humor attempted in the blog is tiredly unimpressive. And I'm not even a major proponent of this site. It's useful, I'll give david that. But the desperate crazies it attracts, I'll tell ya. Tedious. And not in the "cool," "trolling-is-the-new-punk-rock" sort of way. More of in a "it-causes-a-resonable-human-being-mental-pain-to-suffer-your-comedic-ineptitude" way.

Where did Morrissey ridicule the Blog 'three or four times?' Provide a link please. Also the 'legal notice' - is this top secret inside information you have? Again, a source would be nice.

So cutting through the fantasy, you don't like the site. That's fine. It's aimed at slightly more intelligent humans beings, with a sense of humour.

I was more interested in knowing why 'P' and especially Mr Tseng dislike the Blog. In David's case, he has a lifetime concert ban, and Peter is surely not too far away himself from such ignominy. Some uncharitable souls have actually suggested Mr. Tseng is behind the site, and frankly I wouldn't put it past him! After all, he did request money from Morrissey to remove personal abuse and libel from this site! Just a story Morrissey told us. I presume you won't edit this out because, after all, you also post stories about Morrissey quite prominently!

The reason Morrissey probably likes the Blog and plays along is because it's clever. It's very clever. It's well-written, it's deeply ironic, it's surreal and the people who go there are pleasant.

It must really hurt that you've spent 15 years sitting in your bedroom posting stories about Moz and he bans you from concerts, while the blogger is getting all the attention after a few months!

Now I'm sure I'll be addressed 'Rat' or 'Roadhog' or 'Broken' or 'JMH' etc. etc. because remember we're all the same person! Only one person writes the blog and posts all the comments, and tweets MorrisseysWorld! All 8000 followers are the same person!

Happy new year, even to 'P.'

And interestingly enough, if you go back over the forum posts, you'll find Uncle Skinny was promoting MorrisseysMum by saying "it's funny how she manages to predict what Morrissey's going to do - it's obviously not him BUT...!"

The hypocrisy is almost unbearable! He was actually trying to imply that Mum had inside connections a few months ago!

Is he angry because his aim was to do what MorrisseysWorld did, with a successful and mysterious parody and a few subtle hints that it could have official backing?

When 'P' can explain all the 'coincidences' or even half of them, I might listen to him. But given his appalling behaviour, his abusive language and his absolute lack of intelligent reasoning, I won't hold my breath. He'll probably just type a few expletives, lie about how badly treated 'the real fans were' - who exactly?! - and act like a martyr.

Get a life, mate. Moderating a forum full time is no job for a sensible, mature adult.

all the best.

Where did Morrissey ridicule the Blog 'three or four times?' Provide a link please. Also the 'legal notice' - is this top secret inside information you have? Again, a source would be nice.

So cutting through the fantasy, you don't like the site. That's fine. It's aimed at slightly more intelligent humans beings, with a sense of humour.

The reason Morrissey probably likes the Blog and plays along is because it's clever. It's very clever. It's well-written, it's deeply ironic, it's surreal and the people who go there are pleasant.

I don't need to provide a link for you. I seem to recall you linking to the TTY statements yourself on your blog, praising them as "signs" from the sacred cow :rolleyes: The irony being, of course, that you seem to so desperately want to be suckling at the man's teat, laboring intensively under the delusion that his repeated refusal of the blog is "liking" and "playing along with" it.

And if there was no threat of legal action or notice from Camp Morrissey after he denied his involvement with the blog, tell why you 'all of a sudden' decided you had to prominently list the site as a parody? Surely the so-called "higher intellects" who frequent it could've worked that one out on their own? :rolleyes: No, you had to state outright on the front page that it was a (poorly developed) parody, something I'm sure just had to make you cringe.

Back
Top Bottom