Morrissey Central "IRISH BL❤️❤️D" (January 18, 2024)

You need to consider where this is coming from and consider this in the context of whats happening in Ireland at the moment with riots recently in Dublin and multiple instances of buildings being burnt that were being earmarked for housing of Ukranian refugees. The video misrepresents what the "Hate" bill is about to create a sense of loss of freedom of speech when in reality it aims to eliminate predjudice and hate against minority groups. Its complex and divides opinion...do you protect minority groups from abuse through Hate Crimes or do you allow it. In any case this Video is coming from a Far Right Perspective and you need to consider this in a wider context than just their perspective...Id be curious to know if Morrissey has looked into this "Hate Speech Bill" in depth or just latched onto the video.
All those things you mention - engaging in rioting, setting fire to buildings - are crimes that the police can arrest people for. Inciting anyone to engage in rioting or arson is also a crime.
How is the video coming from a far right perspective? Please provide evidence of that.

Next they'll be raiding my house to confiscate my Fawlty Towers and Yes Minister DVD boxsets. Probably all the Quentin Tarantino DVDs and worst of all....my Viva Hate LP!

Just think, kids in the near future having to
go on the dark web (or wherever) just to listen to a song or look at a piece of artwork all because some group of politicians judged that the art has the potential to incite violence against another, etc..

Next they'll be raiding my house to confiscate my Fawlty Towers and Yes Minister DVD boxsets. Probably all the Quentin Tarantino DVDs and worst of all....my Viva Hate LP!
All those classic comedies like Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served? have already been bowdlerised to remove any material deemed 'offensive' for modern audiences. Even Mark Twain has had the n-word removed from his novels - and the whole point of his novels was to attack racism. It's crazy.

Screenshot_20240119-151749.png

If it helps, last night's post was exactly the same as the last Central one in terms of who was 'active' prior to posting. So much so, that I checked Central after seeing them come online, saw the new post and posted said - his online appearance often alerting me to check Central. Something that has happened many, many times prior.
FWD.

Even Mark Twain has had the n-word removed from his novels - and the whole point of his novels was to attack racism. It's crazy.
It's not all that crazy. If a novel contains so many uses of the n-word that teachers consider it impossible to continue teaching to children in the modern era because the frequency of the word makes it offputting to read the book, it makes sense to tone it down. In the Twain novels, the frequently used n-word has been replaced by 'slave' and the word 'injun' has been replaced with 'indian'. Hardly enormous wholesale edits that destroy the message of the book, despite what you are implying.

To Kill A Mockingbird is the greatest and most powerful anti-racism novel ever written, and there's no question of editing the n-word out of that, probably because it only crops up a few times (once, from memory, but I may be wrong). The Twain novels were edited because they were offputting for children to read with so many n-words in. Nothing sinister in that. It's called progress.

The organisation was started by students in University College Cork in 2018. Since then our membership has grown to include members, students and college alumni from all across Ireland.

Clearly a bunch of fascists.

1705679497555.png

The organisation was started by students in University College Cork in 2018. Since then our membership has grown to include members, students and college alumni from all across Ireland.

Clearly a bunch of fascists.

View attachment 100711
Look like a right bunch of wrong’uns!

It's not all that crazy. If a novel contains so many uses of the n-word that teachers consider it impossible to continue teaching to children in the modern era because the frequency of the word makes it offputting to read the book, it makes sense to tone it down. In the Twain novels, the frequently used n-word has been replaced by 'slave' and the word 'injun' has been replaced with 'indian'. Hardly enormous wholesale edits that destroy the message of the book, despite what you are implying.

To Kill A Mockingbird is the greatest and most powerful anti-racism novel ever written, and there's no question of editing the n-word out of that, probably because it only crops up a few times (once, from memory, but I may be wrong). The Twain novels were edited because they were offputting for children to read with so many n-words in. Nothing sinister in that. It's called progress.

Yes, but leaving the words in, gives the opportunity for parent or teacher to give education/understanding to the young adult, gives them the opportunity to show them what history is/was, how it may have progressed since then, and instill the basics of right and wrong in the young adult.

Take those opportunities away, what do you have?

so it’s probable that Sam posted it or got permission to post it on Central from M, or Sam sent it to M, and he immediately posted it.
I think it's always been obvious hasn't it, that it's not Moz posting on Central but someone else, given that the posts often refer to Moz in the third person. But I would imagine nothing is posted without his approval.

It's rare that Morrissey has a social/political opinion these days that I agree with but I'm behind him on this 100%.

When you put rules on what people can and cannot say you prevent them from exposing themselves for who they truly are.

Words only have power if you allow them to. These types of laws give them more power, not less.

Well, yes. You’re in it, so it will. You do this in every thread.
You post such silly shit that people feel the need to call you out on it, you call them racist and on it goes for 27 pages.
I blocked her when Joe Biden went on his "No Mularkey" tour on the 2020 campaign trail.
Ok, I probably blocked her sometime after that but she is blocked AND Biden did have a "No Mularkey" tour.

It's rare that Morrissey has a social/political opinion these days that I agree with but I'm behind him on this 100%.

When you put rules on what people can and cannot say you prevent them from exposing themselves for who they truly are.

Words only have power if you allow them to. These types of laws give them more power, not less.
Yes, this.

I think it's always been obvious hasn't it, that it's not Moz posting on Central but someone else, given that the posts often refer to Moz in the third person. But I would imagine nothing is posted without his approval.
Based on everything he has said the past 10 years+ I have no doubt in my mind he supports this post even if he didn't write it.

Is it white kids or black kids who would be uncomfortable? And maybe we should feel uncomfortable when we read about 19th century America? Isn't that the point?
And why change injun to Indian? That changes the derogatory sound of the word. The whole point is the word captures the dehumanisation of native Americans.

Yes, but leaving the words in, gives the opportunity for parent or teacher to give education/understanding to the young adult, gives them the opportunity to show them what history is/was, how it may have progressed since then, and instill the basics of right and wrong in the young adult.

Take those opportunities away, what do you have?
If children/young adults are telling teachers "I just can't get through this book, it's too much" then the message has no chance of getting through - because they won't read the book. I would imagine most teachers are telling children that "this book used to contain frequent uses of the n-word but it's been replaced by 'slave' to make it more palatable but please bear in mind what the original text said when you read this"... well, if that helps them to get through reading it and absorbing the message, surely that's preferable to them not reading it at all?

approval? or maybe a kind of laissez-faire trust? being family and all.

Back
Top Bottom