"Interlude" enters Official Vinyl Singles Chart at #9 (April 26, 2024)

Screenshot_20240426-180037~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
Hard to applaud the chart position as any kind of musical triumph (although it’s a fantastic recording), as I expect most buyers were primarily invested in the object? With many copies going straight on eBay, or alternatively being slotted into a mysteriously organised man cave collection—much as The Ark disappears forever, into a vast archive, at the end of Raiders.

I’d like to think at least one old-school, anarchic, Smiths fan used the gold disc to recreate the end of the Dagenham Dave video.

At the real risk of redundancy and consignment to the phantom-zone oblivion of off-topic I was more excited to see Suede Autofiction Live released on grey vinyl for RSD, Siouxsie's Nocturne on 2LP black, and OMD Bauhaus Staircase instrumentals. However, the best release recently wasn't an RSD overpriced platter but was Death Songbook by Brett Anderson and Paraorchestra. A beautiful 2LP and something Moz should consider. Imagine Vauxhall and perhaps Viva Hate performed with a gifted mini-orchestra like the supremely talented paraorchestra. Now that is something I would buy.

I can easily imagine Moz singing this all-time classic.

How you 'pick yourself up and get back in the race',
so that it tastes and sparkles like wine.

What else do we have, but interludes.

1080x1490_cmsv2_56b924e6-df6e-531c-852b-2339bf0dc3cc-8400798.jpg

According to Rough Trade website, 3,000 copies were pressed. So 2,500 copies must have reserved for the British market and the rest (500 copies) went in Europe, or the ratio mat have been 2,000 UK /1,000 Eutooe .

#2 - Kate Bush RSD was 10,000 ww copies.
#3 - Queen's Cool Cat is suggested to be 2000 copies.
#5 - Weller - suggested to be 2000 copies.
So before people start coming up with theories regarding figures - perhaps don't? There won't ever be clarity about this enough to assert what 'really' happened.
FWD.

Also: no sign of a European version of the product - looks more likely some places got a copy outside of the UK via record buddies/shipping relationships as many, many didn't.

Edit: yes 10k ww for Kate - had a lot on yesterday...

Last edited:
According to Rough Trade website, 3,000 copies were pressed. So 2,500 copies must have reserved for the British market and the rest (500 copies) went in Europe, or the ratio mat have been 2,000 UK /1,000 Eutooe .
I certainly didn't see any in Ireland. Not that I scoured every record shop. But overall Ireland was completely shafted for RSD. No OMD Bauhaus Staircase instrumentals, no Interlude, just to mention a couple. RSD is either international or it isn't. Ireland also got shafted for the recent XMal Deutschland singles LP. All kept for the UK. Never mind the bollox it's all bollox.

I love Interlude and bought the 7" new for around £4 a few years ago. I love Morrissey and attend his concerts whenever he comes to Ireland. I have all his albums on CD and vinyl. I had a zillion Moz posters before my bro-in-law dumped them years ago (I almost forgive him). BUT.... £29 for a 12" for RSD must (hopefully) be the obscene extreme of RSD. Surely it can't get any worse. I don't give a gold plated turd if they only pressed 2000 or 3000 or 1. £29 is obscene. Anything more than £12 is outrageous. Moz might not be to blame. But someone is. It will all implode, eventually.

Bruce-Wayne-and-Selina-Kyle-image-bruce-wayne-and-selina-kyle-36708081-497-550.gif

#2 - Kate Bush RSD was 10,000 copies.
#3 - Queen's Cool Cat is suggested to be 2000 copies.
#5 - Weller - suggested to be 2000 copies.
So before people start coming up with theories regarding figures - perhaps don't? There won't ever be clarity about this enough to assert what 'really' happened.
FWD.

Also: no sign of a European version of the product - looks more likely some places got a copy outside of the UK via record buddies/shipping relationships as many, many didn't.
It seams that it is available regulary in Europe.
I bought it in Serbia today for approx. 24 GBP.
It is available both online and in-shop.
https://www.mascom.rs/sr/rsd-2024/l...-2024-gold-single-vinyl--pid-44534.1.135.html

It is also available in Hungary for a little better price. 19,60 GBP
https://mgrecords.hu/rsd-2024/interlude

So, I think that it was pressed more than 3.000 pcs and that it will be available for a longer period, not just week or two after RSD.

It seams that it is available regulary in Europe.
I bought it in Serbia today for approx. 24 GBP.
It is available both online and in-shop.
https://www.mascom.rs/sr/rsd-2024/l...-2024-gold-single-vinyl--pid-44534.1.135.html

It is also available in Hungary for a little better price.
https://mgrecords.hu/rsd-2024/interlude

So, I think that it was pressed more than 3.000 pcs and that it will be available for a longer period, not just week or two after RSD.
Are these not "imports" as opposed to a direct European version? Serbia isn't quite in the EU yet btw 😅
The listing was always for Record Store UK - the rest may be exactly as described above with regards to no actual formal "release" outside the UK. Especially as Universal aren't involved, nor has anyone come up with a European/different version that is outside those realms.
FWD.

Are these not "imports" as opposed to a direct European version? Serbia isn't in the EU btw 😅
The listing was always for Record Store UK - the rest may be exactly as described above with regards to no actual formal "release" outside the UK. Especially as Universal aren't involved, nor has anyone come up with a European/different version that is outside the realms of RSD UK.
FWD.
Could be.
Mine 12" looks exactly like UK one, so it is not different European release.
Both these stores are official RSD stores for years back, although with limited number of releases compared to the ones in UK or US.
For example, Serbian store had only 34 RSD 2024 releases, and one of them was "Interlude".

Only Morrissey would brag that a duet with a woman who despises him and refused to be in the same room with him charted :rolleyes:

I certainly didn't see any in Ireland. Not that I scoured every record shop.
There wasn't any vinyl in record shop in France as well, and in Spain either.

Whereas German record shops, Belgium's & Netherlands's all received theirs which means some distributors were quicker than others for ordering the vinyls for the record market of their countries. First arrived, first served as always.

Only Morrissey would brag that a duet with a woman who despises him and refused to be in the same room with him charted :rolleyes:
False allegation. She would have never recorded a song with someone she didn't esteem. She loved the song and the record; they had a fall out after regarding the content of the video, not a big deal. She never said anything bad about him as Simon Goddard mentioned it many times

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom