Morrissey Central "FORTY YEARS AGO" (January 9, 2024)

aea277daa0414b945f48cbc84e9f94368f68bb46.gif

What Difference Does It Make? (Rough Trade Records)

Both are simply compilation albums. Not saying that is a bad thing but that is what it is.
I’m not contesting that. What I’m saying is that HoH, since its material is derived from the same time period, feels more like an album than LTB, where the material is derived from 1983-1987 and is presented more like a Best of.

I’m not contesting that. What I’m saying is that HoH, since its material is derived from the same time period, feels more like an album than LTB, where the material is derived from 1983-1987 and is presented more like a Best of.
I agree 100%. Even 'The World Won't Listen' feels closer to an actual album to me, and fairly cohesive. The spread on 'Louder Than Bombs' between early and late Smiths is just to vast a sonic gap to bridge, so it does feel all over the place in terms of tone.

One of their best single covers! Talk about style. Nobody was doing record sleeves like that then. Even now. Seems so basic and easy to do, but often overlooked as a direction to go in.
The full story of that very sleeve would suggest it isn’t easy to do, and also explains why it’s often ‘overlooked’.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom