Morrissey Central "CANCEL CULTURE BEGINS AT HOME" (January 11, 2024)

full

"There is also an obvious media shift to delete me from being the central essence of The Smiths, but this cannot work because I invented the group name, the song-titles, the album titles, the artwork, the vocal melodies, and all of the lyrical sentiments came from my heart … and so it's a bit like saying Mick Jagger had nothing to do with the Stones. Several news sites now claim that the initial meeting at Rough Trade Records was with "Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke," even though Andy wasn't even a committed band member at that point. The meeting, of course, was Morrissey and Marr. Even Geoff Travis has now suddenly decided that he "can't remember who was with Johnny," even though Geoff looked me squarely in the eye on that very day and said "we'd like to release Hand In Glove immediately," and he then more importantly said to me that his name was Geoff with a G, not Jeff with a J. The hounds are snapping!

Hand in glove, I stake my claim! I'll fight to the last breath! "

-Morrissey, in conversation, 2023.

full

Morrissey in Tokyo, 2023, by Ryan Lowry.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
If he really wanted to reassert himself as the "central essence of The Smiths" it wouldn't be hard at all: do a 40th anniversary tour this year of The Smiths / Hatful of Hollow, then MIM next year, TQID in 2026, etc. First half of each show would be the songs from the original album (or a selection, in the case of The Smiths / HoH), then a break, then come back for 9 or 10 of his favourite solo songs. It's a win-win, surely?

(I realise the chances of this happening are less than zero...)

If he really wanted to reassert himself as the "central essence of The Smiths" it wouldn't be hard at all: do a 40th anniversary tour this year of The Smiths / Hatful of Hollow, then MIM next year, TQID in 2026, etc. First half of each show would be the songs from the original album (or a selection, in the case of The Smiths / HoH), then a break, then come back for 9 or 10 of his favourite solo songs. It's a win-win, surely?

(I realise the chances of this happening are less than zero...)

Which album is "are you sure hank done it this way" on? I'd go to that gig ;)

There are more details about the first contact with Rough Trade in The Smiths edition of MOJO's The Collector Series of 2022. Toby Manning writes: 'Though by this point they had played just four shows, on March 20 of that year [a Sunday] The Smiths paid a call on Rough Trade records in Collier Street, King's Cross'. Bearing in mind that they made their London debut on 23rd March 1983 at the Rock Garden in Covent Garden a few miles south of that, they could have been travelling on their way and all visited Rough Trade together, with Joe Moss too. Apparently, after this visit Rough Trade staff went to see the London concert and were won over by the live performance. If the band was in London for the week there could have been a number of visits to Rough Trade to build up contact.

watched a few graham linehan interviews,he has lost everything,his marriage,his career,his pension and yet nearly every comedian has refused to stick up for him,worst is graham norton who got his break in father ted,shocking.
Ive always thought that Gordy, the guy is responsible for one of the funniest, warmest comedy's ever made which introduced Norton to the public and because he simply stated biological facts he is now seen as a hate figure, it makes me so f**king angry that a few fruit loops can derail someone's career so spectacularly without anyone having the balls to say, hang on, you people are idiots bordering on insane. I hate them.
I think out of all that lot who have shunned him only through fear that their own career might be in danger if they are seen to be agreeing with him, is Neil Hannon, who wrote the gorgeous theme tune and had written some more tunes for the stage show which, of course is now shelved.
Anyone who thinks that an ex biological man who now competes with women and unsurprisingly wins without question and thinks that is right, is mad.
And anyone who thinks that a 50 year old ex man who now uses changing rooms used by young girls or women is fair or right, is insane.
And these people get away with it every time because of the fear of being seen to be, well, politically incorrect.

Ive always thought that Gordy, the guy is responsible for one of the funniest, warmest comedy's ever made which introduced Norton to the public and because he simply stated biological facts he is now seen as a hate figure, it makes me so f**king angry that a few fruit loops can derail someone's career so spectacularly without anyone having the balls to say, hang on, you people are idiots bordering on insane. I hate them.
I think out of all that lot who have shunned him only through fear that their own career might be in danger if they are seen to be agreeing with him, is Neil Hannon, who wrote the gorgeous theme tune and had written some more tunes for the stage show which, of course is now shelved.
Anyone who thinks that an ex biological man who now competes with women and unsurprisingly wins without question and thinks that is right, is mad.
And anyone who thinks that a 50 year old ex man who now uses changing rooms used by young girls or women is fair or right, is insane.
And these people get away with it every time because of the fear of being seen to be, well, politically incorrect.
totally agree dan,bbc get these people on and act like its the most natural thing in the world,scotland is even worse,we had a rapist of women identify as a woman so he can get sent to a womens prison so he could rape more women,absolutely mental.

totally agree dan,bbc get these people on and act like its the most natural thing in the world,scotland is even worse,we had a rapist of women identify as a woman so he can get sent to a womens prison so he could rape more women,absolutely mental.
Yes Gordy that was all over the news here, he was about as convincing as a woman as, well, a big butch rapist scumbag dressed up as a woman. And the SNP were on his side.

Don’t mention my name!

Name not mentioned!

I’M ANOTHER RIGHT WINGER CANCELLED (EVEN THOUGH I’M NOT AND AS I TRY TO CANCEL SOMEONE ELSE).

You couldn’t make up this level of stupid.

No, no, no...this is Golden-Gai. A legendary neighborhood in my hometown of Tokyo. Look it up.
I did. Wikipedia says:

"The alleys are private roads, not public roads. In this area, shooting photographs and video for all purposes on the street is prohibited without permission of the area's business promotion association"

Is this why hes smirking? Naughty Morrissey, Naughty Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom