Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was foolish to be booked into enormous sporting arenas. He should have been booked at The Wiltern both Friday & Saturday. It would’ve sold out and been intimate as they were in April of 2004.

The two canceled concerts were extremely overpriced thus incredibly undersold. Thousands of tickets were still available as of this morning.

Those Wiltern concerts would’ve taken place and the response would have been 100% jubilant.

Instead it is MISMANAGMENT 101 yet again. It is clearer than ever that he is in dire need of a team that realistically want him to succeed. Instead there a yes man with a Texas accent. DK please resign, you are running Morrissey into the ground. Rock bottom.

I think the band obviously did prepare
Now the only Way out of this, is if Morrissey plays the songs of quarry during those postponed shows

maybe this trump business has pissed him off,this is a shit-show of the highest order.

It's hard to see a way out of this malaise for him, other than release material himself, and he seems totally reluctant to do that. He has made himself unsignable, and he is surely making himself unbookable.

He definitely expected more enthusiasm for these shows. Poor sales must have pissed him off more than anything else.
What I can't figure out is why he didn't do more to promote them, especially when they saw that ticket sales were bad. At the very least he could have done some local radio - KCRW, Jack FM and maybe KROQ (unless he burned that bridge). Some of the morning shows like he did in NY.

I don't know, but are the costs of canceling a concert greater for the artist than playing for the audience in unsold out venues ? :unsure:

I think it best that we all accept that it is all over now. It's been a wonderful adventure...

Thanks Moz! Was going to take my daughter, who lives in the area and make a nice weekend out of it. This has nothing to do with the band, it's obviously due to the poor ticket sales. You have poor ticket sales because you constantly cancel, but you cancel because you have poor ticket sales. Self release the two albums and retire already.

What I can't figure out is why he didn't do more to promote them, especially when they saw that ticket sales were bad. At the very least he could have done some local radio - KCRW, Jack FM and maybe KROQ (unless he burned that bridge). Some of the morning shows like he did in NY.
He did just one in NY, didn’t he?

I think he overestimated the audiences these special shows would attract. And these special shows were out of character to begin with. Maybe he was persuaded to do them and has come to regret it.

It’s a shame as I would really have loved to see more of these special shows in the future. Chances are zero now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom