Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
why would he even finish the rest of this tour then? i mean, two nights in el cajon? no thanks

There is zero reason in 2022 not to self-release. Open to pre-orders - probably taking the money now - get a sense of demand, and order pressings accordingly. Even an artist of Morrissey’s profile could get it sorted with minimal fuss. Townsend Music have been doing the kind of distribution he’d need with big artists for years. I’ve had several albums via them this year, including Suede’s new one, which I’d paid for ages ago.

There’s a label up the road from me run out of a fella’s bedroom, and he recently got an album into that vinyl chart that Moz is apparently so enamoured by. Not for nothing but their artwork absolutely shits on everything trotted out with Morrissey’s name on it since the turn of the millennium.

Once again Team Moz has created a problem that wasn’t there. The self-sabotage that goes on in that man’s name is absolutely incredible.

Attachments

• B19E19F9-EF51-4D30-BCB1-3F4541497F28.jpeg
    B19E19F9-EF51-4D30-BCB1-3F4541497F28.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Also, “copyright 2021?”
remember that guy who did the interviews after working on the BOT
He seemed to say it was all set for release and "something happened". I guess 2021 was when it was meant to be out.
This is so sad, that we are being deprived of this. I hope it leaks. Seems bad to give this news at this time as well. Be of a downer for the tour

There is zero reason in 2022 not to self-release. Open to pre-orders - probably taking the money now - get a sense of demand, and order pressings accordingly. Even an artist of Morrissey’s profile could get it sorted with minimal fuss. Townsend Music have been doing the kind of distribution he’d need with big artists for years. I’ve had several albums via them this year, including Suede’s new one, which I’d paid for ages ago.

There’s a label up the road from me run out of a fella’s bedroom, and he recently got an album into that vinyl chart that Moz is apparently so enamoured by. Not for nothing but their artwork absolutely shits on everything trotted out with Morrissey’s name on it since the turn of the millennium.

Once again Team Moz has created a problem that wasn’t there. The self-sabotage that goes on in that man’s name is absolutely incredible.
That is a great cover. what is the music like?
Maybe someone should get a list together of big names who self-release. I am surprised he can't see the romance in it. The defiance. I think the younger M would have been all for it.
Going by the M Central posts M has lost his way in terms of what's important. I don't think younger M would give a shit about having a day named after him, he would consider the art more important. He may have been hung up on charts but I think getting the music out there would be his overriding concern.
Shame how lost people get

Last edited:
Most likely I'm in the minority here, but I truly get M. At this stage of living, I do things that most people, especially the younger, find foolish, but to me I know myself, my process, my choices, etc. This causes reflection of my younger self to realize that the older me is exactly where I want to be. Even if all ends in chaos.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that it was meant to read like: Morrissey ‘S words.

If that was his intention, it’s still a rubbish title.

I think pretty much all of his solo album titles have been lacking.

World Peace is None of Your Business, & I Am Not A Dog On A Chain being the exceptions.

Your Arsenal worked a lot better than Morrissey'Swords.

"Not for nothing but their artwork absolutely shits on everything trotted out with Morrissey’s name on it since the turn of the millennium."

Maladjusted wasn't exactly stellar artwork.

God!!! Moz must reform Central!! I can't believe he wrote: "Bonfire extinguished", is it a catastrophic declaration who extinguished the bonfire?:paranoid::unsure::eek:

So, the choice I have made
May seem strange to you
But who asked you, anyway?
It's my life to wreck
My own way

It's an irony dedicated to BMG! But at the same time he doesn't have pitchers in the UK!!,and now we don't know what happens with Capitol.Moz needs to reform Central, or just shut down and must communicate the relevant steps happening in his career, I just don't understand his moves. It went up and up and now... Again the stones in their path. Because he does not self-manage his records if he is a millionaire !!! Why does he want so much money??? If you have a number insured to spend the rest of your life, why not spend the rest to produce your records

This totally sucks because I think the new songs are fantastic. They sounded great live. I was looking forward to this albums release. I really hope it gets a new release date and I hope it`s soon.

He really seemed to lose his way with his album sleeves over the past quarter of a century. I thought the props of Quarry, Ringleader & Years…were just silly. Swords must have the worst photo of him ever used on a sleeve; he looks like a constipated, Cross-eyed simpleton. World Peace…is just pointless. Low…is head-scratching in its lack of style.
I really liked the props of Quarry, Ringleader & Years -- and the photos definitely looked professional. But agree about Swords, bafflingly terrible. And since then the covers have been disposable at best.

Didn't Morrissey also have a tantrum when Years of Refusal was pushed back from a September 2008 release to February 2009? (That was an understandable reaction, because Refusal was clearly meant to come out directly after the 2008 compilation, with which it shared two singles. When Refusal was delayed, That's How People Grow Up and All You Need Is Me seemed annoyingly out of place on the album due to their familiarity.)

From one of the IG posts from El Cajon he says "We have a new album but I dont know where its gone...I dont know where its gone... but thats life"

Not very promising!!!

As always, never shed tears before the onion is peeled. Or as we say in my country: Do not sell the skin before the bear has been shot.
Or "Do not roll your pant legs up before reaching the stream", as we say around here.

Let's hope this album sees the light of day. I like all the songs so far and I'm sure it's very good and well produced. Morrissey loves it, so he will do whatever it takes to release it. And what would Capitol gain keeping it hidden?

Last edited:
Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom