Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been many recent releases with the vinyl coming out months after the digital release, so in the current climate that's not a valid reason to delay the album. It's a specialty format anyway preordered by the fans.
Indeed for the LP . My mates "in the business" are telling me now vinyl production has gone from a 9 month backlog to a 12 month timeline within the last few weeks. But conversely. you can set up and put up an album to the digital world in 72 hours.

This story is old, I know, but it goes on.

p.s. I wonder if Moz knew this news yesterday and he was in a bad mood and a wave of depression hit him during the concert, coupled with the coldness on stage.
It?s pissible, considering the timing of this announcement and the absence of further details about yesterday’s aborted show - let alone an apology - and no cancellation of tonight’s show (so far).

Photo looks like a nod to the Charlie Hebdo controversy. Font on the shirt is similar to the original je suis charlie slogan.

1668456665537.png

While vinyl plants are backed up, this most likely is not the reason for the albums delay. Vinyl was a 3-6 month wait even prior to the pandemic. Bands going back to 2018 were releasing albums via streaming platforms with the vinyl release to follow. Some did presales and the album came 3-4 months later. Every artist has been doing this, there no reason they wouldn't for Morrissey. Its most likely due to standard project delays (labels do this all the time) or SER jumping the gun and announcing stuff too soon. Remember the additional UK dates anyone?

It?s pissible, considering the timing of this announcement and the absence of further details about yesterday’s aborted show - let alone an apology - and no cancellation of tonight’s show (so far).
Indubitably pissible.

sure it will be leaked eventually. Guessing some folks have already heard it, not any solo members though.
dirk blaggard has heard it,true or false who knows.

The current designer for this "Artwork" clearly didn't ever place their bum on a bench at an art school in their life. The two different typographies are painful for my eyes.

dirk blaggard has heard it,true or false who knows.
Who knows? Are you having a laugh? Everyone knows that that is utter bullshit. He’s the biggest bullshitter this forum has ever seen.

everybody wants everything yesterday.doesnt bother me when it comes out,it will be released when the record company says so,there could be some big hitters releasing in february and that could be the reason its being withheld till a later date.

In recent months Central announced more dates to the UK tour. Didn’t happen.
Central said he would play the Coliseum. Then became Palladium.

You can never really trust anything that comes from that site.

While vinyl plants are backed up, this most likely is not the reason for the albums delay. Vinyl was a 3-6 month wait even prior to the pandemic. Bands going back to 2018 were releasing albums via streaming platforms with the vinyl release to follow. Some did presales and the album came 3-4 months later. Every artist has been doing this, there no reason they wouldn't for Morrissey. It’s most likely due to standard project delays (labels do this all the time) or SER jumping the gun and announcing stuff too soon. Remember the additional UK dates anyone?
Hmm. Releasing digitally and then coming out with vinyl later - don’t think it would work as someone could feasibly stream for free or access a pirated download and then neglect to buy the physical format because they don’t like the record

Is it me or does it look like they erroneously wrote "StainedGlass" instead of "Stained Glass" on the last track in the image?

Guessing he’s sold the rights to the album and it’ll be released upon ⚰️ … pull in pretty pennies.

Probably why he pulled the plug at the Greek gig upon hearing the news…

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom