Article: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts - state

My friend is a violinist and was touring with Charlotte Gainsborough. They were in Paris the same time as Moz the last time he played there and Charlie Browne (who was friends with whoever their tour manager was) gave all the musicians rather nice passes into Moz's show. :cool:

Re: Article: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts - s

Haha at least Morrissey has a sense of humour :)

Re: Article: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts - s

Big deal. Morrissey has a DVD and a book to sell. Is he playing approachable again? Perfect timing, as always.

My friend is a violinist and was touring with Charlotte Gainsborough.

That would be Charlotte Gainsbourg, dear. Gainsborough is a painter. They're not related, to my knowledge.
Interestingly, Gainsbourg wished to be a painter, but thought he wasn't good enough, so he turned to a "minor art": songwriting.
Unlike Hitler, he wasn't bitter about it. Ah, If only Adolf had decided to sing instead...

And no doubt, that Charlie Brown(e) is a good egg.

signed
A big nose etc.

...And just so you can show off at parties CG, Gainsborough is mentioned in a Gainsbourg song. ;)

...And just so you can show off at parties CG, Gainsborough is mentioned in a Gainsbourg song. ;)

Lol. If only I was invited to more parties. :tears: Kidding, I hate parties. :p

Re: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts

Morrissey's tour manager is called Charlie Brown.

P.

Morrissey's tour manager is Donnie Knutson. He was pictured holding a blue rose at Morrissey's performance on The Late Show. Surely you must know that?

tumblr_mud7hlvh2V1seji43o1_1280.png

So according to this, the take down notice was made at the behest of Johnny Marr.

(Personally this comes as no surprise to me. I always thought he was a bit of a penis.)

Last edited:

Whilst Johnny could be behind the take-down attempt, I find it pretty unlikely. If someone was chopping up bits of his music and slapping it around the internet maybe - but it's Morrissey's words, so why should he care one way or another? It was probably just some bean counter at Universal.

tumblr_mud7hlvh2V1seji43o1_1280.png

So according to this, the take down notice was made at the behest of Johnny Marr.

(Personally this comes as no surprise to me. I always thought he was a bit of a penis.)

This l'OO'ks like a MASSIVE two fingers up to Johnny from Moz. He is basically saying, 'they are MY words, NOT yours, and I will decide where they can or can't be used'. Good for Moz. If anybody should ever wish to put the words to 'Messenger' to a cartoon strip, then let Johnny throw his weight around then... but somehow, I doubt it will happen.

*Goes off singing* Who wants to be a messenger? Who wants to be a messenger? Who wants to be a messenger?

lol. Exxxcellent. I'm considering making "Too Busy To Be Awesome" my new sig!

"Dear Sir, Sorry I don't have time to read your bookywook, I'm too busy being awesome.
Yours awesomely,
O.Sum."

Lol. If only I was invited to more parties. :tears: Kidding, I hate parties. :p

So basically you are telling me that you know people who know People and that you're constantly not using your connections to get free drinks in bars and be on guestlists at bar mitzvahs? :D

Can you, like me, hear the Blue Nose Society's collective FRANKLY DISGUSTED moan? lol.

What's to be done with you CG. Honestly.

By the way, on a symbolic level, have you noticed your initials are the same as CG's? ;)

This l'OO'ks like a MASSIVE two fingers up to Johnny from Moz. He is basically saying, 'they are MY words, NOT yours, and I will decide where they can or can't be used'. Good for Moz. If anybody should ever wish to put the words to 'Messenger' to a cartoon strip, then let Johnny throw his weight around then... but somehow, I doubt it will happen.

*Goes off singing* Who wants to be a messenger? Who wants to be a messenger? Who wants to be a messenger?

i completely agree.

and just the thought of someone putting marr's lyrics to a cartoon strip.. hahaha !
"i want the heart beat, i want the heartbeat" ROFL !

If Morrissey's words were going to be in any comic. Snoopy and Charlie Brown would definitely be the one that fits :)

I LOVE This Charming Charlie. When there was danger of it being taken down, I saved many to my computer. I'm glad they are here to stay. Keeping Charlie brown comics vibrant and Smiths' music alive is a win-win situation!

I LOVE This Charming Charlie. When there was danger of it being taken down, I saved many to my computer. I'm glad they are here to stay. Keeping Charlie brown comics vibrant and Smiths' music alive is a win-win situation!

Agreed, I did similar.
I'm pleased it will continue and that some sense prevailed.
Kudos to the lawyers too as the humour level in their communication with Universal is subtle but sharp.
Glad this didn't result in a 'good grief'.
Regards,
FWD

Re: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts

Morrissey's tour manager is Donnie Knutson. He was pictured holding a blue rose at Morrissey's performance on The Late Show. Surely you must know that?
Why would anyone care to know that?

Back
Top Bottom