Article: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts - state

Re: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts

:thumb: Awesome! Good for Morrissey.

Universal Music Publishing needs to go crawl back under the rock from where they came from.

Re: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts

I'm sure the strip was smiled at a great deal in Moz Town due to the tour manager link.

P.

6 October 2013 - true-to-you.net

Morrissey would like to stress that he has not been consulted over any takedown request to remove the Tumblr blog named 'This Charming Charlie'. Morrissey is represented by Warner-Chappell Publishing, and not Universal Music Publishing, (who have allegedly demanded that the lyrics be removed). Morrissey is delighted and flattered by the Peanuts comic strip with its use of Morrissey-Smiths lyrics, and he hopes that the strips remain.

UPDATE Oct. 8:

Letter posted on This Charming Charlie / Tumblr (link posted by Iona Mink):

tcc_letter.png

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! :sweet:

Re: Article: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts - s

("... And I DO have a sense of humour, thank you very much.")

(Nice try) I'd missed that site somehow. Rather kawai.Then again, Peanuts are very flexible, you can make them say/think anything.
Examples?

Linus: "Heavy Metal! Heavy Metal!"
Charlie Brown: "I get all worked up then I let myself down."
Lucy: " Who rules the world? Girls!"
Schroeder: "Remember, that piano, so delightful, unusual"

and Snoopy: "I'm a work bitch."

See? :)

better from Moz, keep it up :o

this charming charlie really is great

it's an honour for Morrissey , that His lyrics were/are used in Iconic strip Charlie,
don't understand the fuzz, but to me it's about publishing deals, those can be fixed

'and they say he's mentall'...made of alabaster

Didn't think I'd be saying this about something like this.. but Good Guy Morrissey.

I think the comics are great. I'm glad Morrissey likes them too. I think in the past this is something he might have complained about but I think he's relaxing a bit about things on the internet.

:thumb: Awesome! Good for Morrissey.

Universal Music Publishing needs to go crawl back under the rock from where they came from.

This kind of stuff that the music industry does makes no sense.

They are losing ZERO money from this but maybe someone will see the comics and find the lyrics interesting and look into the music. It's free advertising.

As far as who is making the take-down request and who owns what, I'm not that interested in figuring it out.

Sorry I don't get what you're saying Unc. What is the 'tour manager link' ? Many thanks

Morrissey's tour manager is called Charlie Brown.

P.

Re: Article: "This Charming Charlie" - Morrissey loves it, not responsible for takedown attempts - s

he's relaxing a bit about things on the internet.

Relaxing? Not about all of them things surely. Mmm no, I would not call it that.

:l

(TTY : "Morrissey insists he's quite relaxed, FYI" etc etc)

Re: "This Charming Charlie"

Actually his name is Charlie Browne, not Brown.

Actually there is no tour for Charlie to . . . . . erm ! ! ! ! Manage ! So there you go smarty-pants :clap:

It was a pleasure. :laughing:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom