Are Morrissey charms an illusion or a reality?

His charms may well be wishful illusions of my imagination,but so what.I`ve loved and followed him for 23 years of my life.Ofcourse I can never truly know,any fascination or unrequited love is just that,never knowing and never returned.However I do feel I "know" him as best I can and do believe he is very much a gentleman.

I think people as utterly pre-occupied with him as we are seem to project a lot onto him. Through how we listen to the music and the emotional attachment we give to it, we all have our own mental image of how he is. Our own personal Moz if you like. And sadly, it has nothing to do with reality.

Which is why sometimes seeing him live can be a bit disappointing strangely. Because inevitably he is just doing his thing, brilliantly usually, but nevertheless it is never as personal as when he is alone with us on our i-pods...

Not for all of us. Morrissey's personality definitely plays a part in his songs but I realise that the conception I have of Morrissey could well be false and that is what is intriguing for me, there is an element of mystery there and I like that. I like things he says and his lyrics and music and I connect to it obviously, but I just don't worry about whether he's charming. I take him as I find him, so to speak and I like what I find. He has his flaws but all people do.

everybody has two sides to their personality...no matter how much they claim they don't.
i think morrissey uses that brilliance and charm as a magnet to draw people in, gain appreciation, show who/what he is...the usual reasons.
i'd really like to see what the morrissey, let's say "off stage" persona is like...i'm sure he is as brilliant and confident (although this is arguable...many people say that during interviews on TV he seems nervous..I can however never see it)..but maybe shows it in a different, more subtle and human way..

"As for Mozzer's charms, I think they have a lot to do with shyness, you can see it when he's interviewed, and it brings out the mothering instinct in females and perhaps confusion in males, i.e. how do you treat a man who seems feminine without being camp? Men seem to treat him as though they're afraid of hurting him.'

Hey I've really enjoyed the feedback on this.
It's been interesting.....

"As for Mozzer's charms, I think they have a lot to do with shyness, you can see it when he's interviewed, and it brings out the mothering instinct in females and perhaps confusion in males, i.e. how do you treat a man who seems feminine without being camp? Men seem to treat him as though they're afraid of hurting him.'

Hey I've really enjoyed the feedback on this.
It's been interesting.....

mothering instincts? lol - he doesn't trigger any mothering instincts in me at all....

anyone seen the jonathan ross interview where he wears a red suits and asks jonathan wether he would eat his cat?
well, jonathan asks him: do you ever turn on the mozzer charm when you meet someone new or something like that and mozzy answers:
"there is no mozzer charm - there is absolutely none".

mothering instincts? lol - he doesn't trigger any mothering instincts in me at all....

anyone seen the jonathan ross interview where he wears a red suits and asks jonathan wether he would eat his cat?
well, jonathan asks him: do you ever turn on the mozzer charm when you meet someone new or something like that and mozzy answers:

Yes, I've seen that - the same interview where he says (very seriously) that he has seven friends. :o :) Bless.

Last edited:

What a little fibber, there is tons of mozzer charm, i suspect however that he doesnt know he has it and is unable to 'turn it on' or 'use it', its just there and thats who he is.
*goes off in a daydream about how he looked when he said that*

As for the mothering instinct, NO WAY!!! I don't have a motherly bit at all and never will, so i disagree with that statement.

Back
Top Bottom