An open request to Morrissey / Merck

The dates should be announced all at once. Would really make it easier to plan a trip. The Scotland show would be cool, but have no clue when others are. I just want to see more shows, 5 this year just wasn't enough.

Yeah, yeah trivialize it. But seriously, are you going to purchase another Greatest Hits album? I didn't even buy the first! In the age of iTunes, I'll simply download the two new tracks. Why not give us something we'd actually want to buy?:confused:

I was simply making light of it in the nicest way I could, but since you ask - I just figured that Moz and Merck probably have their hands full at the moment, Moz with the new record and Merck with the legal and media situation. Merck has already taken time to update us (extra mile it seems to me) and throughly look into all of this. I am very happy and grateful that Morrissey is making a new album and releasing music at the rate that he is with all of this touring - which I am absolutely grateful for.

I am not bothered if a GH disc comes out and I can buy or not buy at my own discretion; I am not aware of the market for his music worldwide and I do not know what goes on out there... in terms of new listeners or those who do not own every album - I trust others know better than I do, so I have nothing to say about it as it does not affect all of the things that I look forward to - the upcoming shows, the forthcoming album...

I am amazed at how much Morrissey is creating and sharing at the moment... and I have nothing more to ask of him, he has exceeded my expectations of late. All I can really say is wow and thanks!

In regard to releasing show dates all at once, perhaps that would allow me to better map out my plan of action and perhaps attend more shows, however at the same time I want to hear the information as soon as possible - as I bet many people do... this allows me to clear my schedule and not book gigs for that time, make my arrangements, gather money, book flights etc etc. If he releases information as it comes rather than two or three weeks later, when the entire tour is confirmed (because if he speculates without confirmation everybody has to cancel flights and change plans and that has its own problems) then some people will be complaining about that.

I just felt "how can anybody seriously ask for anything more at this point?" - I mean given his schedule and all he is giving of himself lately...
so I reminded him about wearing green... thats all.

Last edited:
If he does wear Green in Edinburgh there could be a riot, only a stone throw away from the Playhouse is the Hibs stadium (who play in green), the other half of Edinburgh is Purple (Hearts), so he'd be better off wearing a 1/2 green 1/2 purple 'thing'? If we are getting fitba requests can I request for the encore he wears a Man City shirt?

love

Grim

I was simply making light of it in the nicest way I could, but since you ask - I just figured that Moz and Merck probably have their hands full at the moment, Moz with the new record and Merck with the legal and media situation. Merck has already taken time to update us (extra mile it seems to me) and throughly look into all of this. I am very happy and grateful that Morrissey is making a new album and releasing music at the rate that he is with all of this touring - which I am absolutely grateful for.

I am not bothered if a GH disc comes out and I can buy or not buy at my own discretion; I am not aware of the market for his music worldwide and I do not know what goes on out there... in terms of new listeners or those who do not own every album - I trust others know better than I do, so I have nothing to say about it as it does not affect all of the things that I look forward to - the upcoming shows, the forthcoming album...

I am amazed at how much Morrissey is creating and sharing at the moment... and I have nothing more to ask of him, he has exceeded my expectations of late. All I can really say is wow and thanks!

In regard to releasing show dates all at once, perhaps that would allow me to better map out my plan of action and perhaps attend more shows, however at the same time I want to hear the information as soon as possible - as I bet many people do... this allows me to clear my schedule and not book gigs for that time, make my arrangements, gather money, book flights etc etc. If he releases information as it comes rather than two or three weeks later, when the entire tour is confirmed (because if he speculates without confirmation everybody has to cancel flights and change plans and that has its own problems) then some people will be complaining about that.

I just felt "how can anybody seriously ask for anything more at this point?" - I mean given his schedule and all he is giving of himself lately...
so I reminded him about wearing green... thats all.

I would partly agree with (1) but not the others. We know Moz announces dates incrementally and, as I've explained on other threads, it's always pretty easy to see him at the proper ticket price. His fanbase isn't that big. The problem is people panicking and spending ludicrous amounts on E-Bay...

(2) I'd like to see a couple of new songs on the compilation. If a new single is released before it, it will get much wider exposure and give Moz a good chance of having his first commercialy successful solo compilation. If it comes out without new stuff, it'll limp into the chart an number 17 and disappear two weeks later. I want normal people to hear the Moz back catalogue and, without a really good single in the charts, there's very little chance they'll even know about it.

(3) No, to Andy Rourke's chairidee concert. Of all the ex-Smiths, I think Rourke has been the most snidy towards Moz. Never wastes an opportunity to portray him as a slightly sinister weirdo. Even Joyce Michael seems to speak about Smiths-era (at least) Moz with genuine admiration and enthusiasm.

Sorry...

I've thought all day about posting this, so here goes:eek:

This is only my personal thoughts but I am confident many, many others will agree with me and hopefully add their comments to the post for you to read.

Morrissey / Merck

At least we now know that this website is checked regularily between your parties, so hopefully you will read this and consider the following?

Gig dates:
1. Can you please announce all dates being planned for the new year in one go? There are a lot of us running around, arranging travel and hotels etc for the dates announced so far and then may find gigs are being played a lot nearer to where we live. Particularly at this time of year, money is short, so please just give us all the dates so we can make a more informed choice as to what gigs we wish to attend.

2. Greatest hits album.
If you must release a greatest hits / compilation album, please do not include new material on it. The die hards have all of the previous stuff (most likely on various formats too) and personally I would only download (legally) the new songs and not purchase the album.

3. Manchester v Cancer
I know there may be an issue with Andy Rourke who organises the event, but please consider playing at this gig on February 23rd 2008 at the MEN Arena. This is the third such gig and so far all of the 'Manc Rock Legends' have appeared, with maybe James being the only 'Big Name' artist / band not to have appeared as well as yourself. It would certainly be a greater event with you appearing there.

I do hope you will consider the above and good luck with the forthcoming tour, new studio album and taking the NME to the cleaners!

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom