Morrissey Central "WIKIPEDIA omits Jane Birkin’s appearance at Morrissey’s Melt-down in 2004" (July 17, 2023)

IMG_9062.jpeg

(Roll on the jokes about Morrissey’s melt-down in 2023)

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the family of the late, lovely Jane Birkin can make amends for this gross omission by mentioning it on her headstone. Or maybe the relevant record label can release "I'm throwing my arms..." as an act of solitary with her family and adopted city.

Please don't accuse me of being insensitive. Reserve that accusation for the self absorbed author of the Central post.

I think every gravestone and urn should have any Morrissey related trivia engraved on them,

Mark Jones 1965-2023 RIP
Stood next to Morrissey at a Urinal @ Fleet motorway services 1997

I think every gravestone and urn should have any Morrissey related trivia engraved on them,

Mark Jones 1965-2023 RIP
Stood next to Morrissey at a Urinal @ Fleet motorway services 1997

"Fingered his rear cleavage at airport. Had a wank shortly after. Worth it."

I just truly wish that Morrissey stop obsessing over everyone that's against him, or as he perceives, and focus on the overwhelming positive. The successful tour. The fans waiting for the new albums to drop. This could and still can be a positive era! The new songs are good, the live shows are good, who gives a rats ass about Wikipedia??

He's being silly. The post bothers me. It does seem self obsessed. I think he's truly consumed with the conspiracy against him as he perceives it

I wouldn't really care if we got quality set lists at live shows, and albums actually released. But shit set lists plus two unreleased albums, PLUS these posts on his website is just too much.

Does he realize Wikipedia is written by contributors, anyone can do it? There is no centralized "Wikipedia" conspiring against him?
Why does he constantly announce his stupidity?

When his uncle eventually leaves this plane, can we then expect Sam to post on the internet that Wikipedia neglects to list his (subjectively) important concert dates?

If only he would simply focus on melodies and lyrics and let the other bagatelle fall by the wayside...

Does he realize Wikipedia is written by contributors, anyone can do it? There is no centralized "Wikipedia" conspiring against him?
Why does he constantly announce his stupidity?

So he can proclaim people are picking on him and make it seem that even more people are on the combined agenda against him. "I HAVE NO RECORD LABEL BECAUSE OF WIKIPEDIA!"

old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

Someone should get on Wikipedia and add content to the Morrissey article about this sorry little episode.

Glad you did but his decline is 100% self inflicted. He could be a HUGE star if he would simply stop saying and doing stupid things. Even his less than great recent songs and albums would be forgiven--like they did for Bowie and the Stones-- and he would have no problem whatsoever securing and keeping a major label if he would just stop SHOOTING HIMSELF IN THE FOOT at every single opportunity. I've never seen anything like it.

It's a fascinating phenomenon indeed.

Yes, exactly! It's not a faceless monolithic corporation, it's made up of all of us adding information! Moz only has his own fans to blame for this shocking omission. Embarrassing.
Which is why he asked his fans to fix it!

BTW, I'm assuming he meant the Wiki for the Meldown Festival, not Jane Birkin's wiki?

In autobiography, M claims he never picked the tracks by the fecking modern bands, Gene , Ordinary Boys and Franz.
As M had done an interview with Franz and said he liked them
And also did a quick sit down interview with Martin from Gene and said he thought Martin could sing.
My guess is he didn't like Ordinary Boys, at the feck all and wanted nothing to do with them and that's why he said that in the book
But they were named after one of his songs and popular . So it fitted the Meltdown vibe .
Also what makes me think M wasn't keen on Ordinary Boys is I heard they only got on Meltdown as people dropped out. Elton John was meant to play, Supergrass were asked and refused and Maya Angelou refused, I think .
I was living in Hastings then and was in Brighton a hell of a fecking lot. Brighton was fire then.
I remember Preston, the singer from Ordinary boys, would go to the Smiths /Moz nights in Brighton.
At one of the nights Preston told a few of us he wasn't happy with M. When Ordinary Boys played Meltdown they were told not to speak to M, if they saw him . I'd never heard of M asking that before. I don't think it was fecking drunk talk from Preston either, as he and others in the band said it in an interview as well.
Also Ordinary Boys played Later when M was on
Prestons story is "I saw M near the stage , so I went up and said "Hi, I'm Preston ".
M said "I know who you are" and that was the end of that "
Preston is definitely not an M type person. Typical Brighton media type. I hear he has spent years slagging M off in one way or other on his social media.
I don't think M was keen on Martin from Gene either, as it fecking goes. There were loads of stories of M mocking Martin in private. Martin would basically stalk M in the 90s and M never let him anywhere near him. Apart from that one interview for Melody Maker , which AW sorted out .
When he asked Gene to play meltdown he made a point of not having them on the main stage . He made them play in the bar , like buskers or something. I was fecking amazed Martin agreed to it. It seemed like M saying "know your fecking place to me " .
At the time I thought it was cruel but after reading Martin attack M in that hit piece a few years ago and about how he treated April, I'm fecking happy M did that .
Really interesting to read a band like Supergrass would turn that down in 2004 when they had a new album out and Gaz Coombes obsession with the smiths

"Next week’s issue of NME (June 16) will come with a one-off CD compiled by the legend from his own record collection, including tracks from Franz Ferdinand, Libertines, New York Dolls, Sparks and The Slits.

‘Songs To Save Your Life’ will also feature The Ordinary Boys, The Killers and Gene."

Is the tracklist of this available somewhere, does anyone know?

Yours for a pound (plus postage)

Back
Top Bottom