Why I'm breaking up with Morrissey by Kevin Hegge - Now Toronto

Why I'm breaking up with Morrissey.

Excerpt:

"What I’m about to write is complicated because I haven’t talked about it much. But I thought it was time to acknowledge it publicly: I have been going through a divorce... with Morrissey.

Although I’ve tried to deny it, I was in a dying relationship. I knew it was over. Still I clung.

I write this confession ahead of the November 17 release of his 11th album, Low In High School, and in wake of a long list of problematic utterances I can no longer co-sign."

https://nowtoronto.com/music/features/why-im-breaking-up-with-morrissey/

Regards,
FWD.

I don't know who this guy is who wrote this article, but I'm with him. Morrissey's music and shows died in 2007 for me. Haven't bought any of his new music, if you will even call it that. Or been to a show since then either. If you buy a record hoping it will have at least one or two decent songs on it something's wrong with you. And his last two not including this piece of crap coming this week have not. YOR, maybe one. World Peace all shit. I just collect the old stuff.

It didn’t cross your mind something might be wrong with you?
Not even for a split second?
You don’t have to answer of course.

that is a strange ear, the more I look at it. Do you think it's real ?

Most definitely isn't a real ear. His bio said he lost it in the war and had one of those rat-back-grown ears grafted on...which is probably why he takes such issue with "I Bury The Living".

I don't know who this guy is who wrote this article, but I'm with him. Morrissey's music and shows died in 2007 for me. Haven't bought any of his new music, if you will even call it that. Or been to a show since then either. If you buy a record hoping it will have at least one or two decent songs on it something's wrong with you. And his last two not including this piece of crap coming this week have not. YOR, maybe one. World Peace all shit. I just collect the old stuff.

Most definitely isn't a real ear. His bio said he lost it in the war and had one of those rat-back-grown ears grafted on...which is probably why he takes such issue with "I Bury The Living".

i know where I've seen that ear before....

My favourite thing about this article is that he uses lyrics from The Father Who Must be Killed, as if that will resonate with his general audience.

Why I'm breaking up with Kevin Hegge

Because he's a dumb f***ing pretentious asshole. I can't wait until his alimony payments begin.

It didn’t cross your mind something might be wrong with you?
Not even for a split second?
You don’t have to answer of course.
Yeah, I'm not young anymore. 43 is to to follow an ageing old bitter man around. Oh how much better the 91,92,95,97,04 and even two 2006 shows. The 2007 show didn't do it for me anymore. The music and most importantly the lyrics started sucking and not doing it for me anymore especially the laughable music and lyrics on World Peace and this joke coming out this week. What a joke Spent the day in bed. I truly thought it really was a joke. I'll stick to my old skool punk that hasn't failed me yet. I'll give you a hint. Buy 7-Seconds record Walk Together, Rock Together and give it a listen. Still love it like the day I heard it in 8th grade in 1982. Or try Black Flag, Minor Threat, The Descendants, Jawbreaker or D.O.A.

Yeah, I'm not young anymore. 43 is to to follow an ageing old bitter man around. Oh how much better the 91,92,95,97,04 and even two 2006 shows. The 2007 show didn't do it for me anymore. The music and most importantly the lyrics started sucking and not doing it for me anymore especially the laughable music and lyrics on World Peace and this joke coming out this week. What a joke Spent the day in bed. I truly thought it really was a joke. I'll stick to my old skool punk that hasn't failed me yet. I'll give you a hint. Buy 7-Seconds record Walk Together, Rock Together and give it a listen. Still love it like the day I heard it in 8th grade in 1982. Or try Black Flag, Minor Threat, The Descendants, Jawbreaker or D.O.A.

Okay, thanks for replying.
I understand rationally but Worldpeace is a favourite for me.
I will listen to your recommended music.

You were 8 years old in 8th grade?! Clever lad!

Okay, thanks for replying.
I understand rationally but Worldpeace is a favourite for me.
I will listen to your recommended music.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am just curious, how old are you?

I am 44 and I believe that Wolrd Peace is his musically most intersting solo album.

Sure, the lyrics of the song are clumsy if not ridiculous, but Istanbul, Staircase or Oboe Concerto do it very fine.

Oh dear. This chap reminds me of myself when I pulled all my Smiths posters down in the eighties because they cancelled the Wogan Show. But then I had the wherewithall to know the nature of the beast. Morrissey isn't a loyal pet dog, he's that exotic venomous snake you keep in a tank and drum up the courage to hold once in a while.

I am 44 and I believe that Wolrd Peace is his musically most intersting solo album.

Sure, the lyrics of the song are clumsy if not ridiculous, but Istanbul, Staircase or Oboe Concerto do it very fine.

Yeah the music on that album is something else.

What lyrics do you think are "clumsy if not ridiculous" Nikita?

You were 8 years old in 8th grade?! Clever lad!
Woops, I meant 86 or 85. Hell, 82,85,86, what's the difference? Bigmouth Flopped Again. Hahahaha

All dull and boring to I my friend.

Excerpt:

"What I’m about to write is complicated because I haven’t talked about it much. But I thought it was time to acknowledge it publicly: I have been going through a divorce... with Morrissey.

Although I’ve tried to deny it, I was in a dying relationship. I knew it was over. Still I clung.

I write this confession ahead of the November 17 release of his 11th album, Low In High School, and in wake of a long list of problematic utterances I can no longer co-sign."

Regards,
FWD.
One thing I really don’t understand about Morrissey is that he doesn’t even live in the UK. So why is he so bothered about UK politics, Brexit, immigration.
Yes his mother and sister live in England but I doubt if their lives are really affected by any of the above. It’s not as if saying any of these things will endear him to his audience or garner new recruits.
I have been a Morrissey fan for over 30 years . My wife is of Indian origin. During Quarry phase my wife was hooked as a fan. I can’t even talk about him now as I know that I will be charged with being the supporter of an apparent hypocrit. I even considered boxing all my Moz stuff and sticking it in the loft.
Pilgrimupnorth

Excerpt:

Regards,
FWD.

I don't really care too much about his political comments. All I want is some decent tunes. Is that too much to ask for? He needs a new band!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom