Who makes Solo so low?

It has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm reconsidering even bothering in sharing from my upcoming shows. There are some good people on this site who use it for its intended purpose - can one of them convince me otherwise?

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=536466#post536466

I hear ya!

I've gotten abuse from trolls and anonymous cowards, but I don't let that stop me from sharing on this site. Because then I would be letting these cowardly nobodies get to me. Fuk that. Since I have been receiving the bounty of people sharing, I felt compelled to share the viddy I took.

I'm likewise frustrated with the high noize ratio, so I take a break every so often. Believe it or not, the boards used to be worse! That's when I retreated to the long-time (since the Strangeways list in 1989) email discussion where it's like Cheers because everybody knows your name and asshats/trolls are not tolerated.

I'm glad the moderators are here. Even though people give mods like Kewpie grief (sometimes with gentle or not-so gentle ribbing), I appreciate them!

I appreciate your fabulous, high quality viddies. Please don't punish everyone because a few asshats posting under multiple names or simply as "anonymous" ruin this site. You'll be lowering the quality of the site if you leave and allow asshats to overrun it.

As the artful dodger pleaded and is sampled at the end of Billy Budd --Don't leave us in the dark!

I don't think people have to talk about morrissey's music day in and day out on it. that is why we have separations like "off topic" and the like.

This is for fun, and anyone writing books on how people are selfish and inane on morrissey-solo is taking this forum way too seriously.

Sure, but on the actual Moz discussion area, I'd kind of expect more talk of his work instead of talk of his hairdo. I mean how interesting can his hairdo be, in the grand scheme?

And hey, it'd be a short book, at least! ;) More of a little self-published pamphlet sold at the flea market.

Sure, but on the actual Moz discussion area, I'd kind of expect more talk of his work instead of talk of his hairdo. I mean how interesting can his hairdo be, in the grand scheme?

it can be interesting if you are already beyond discussing his work.

you should just accept that people's love of morrissey is going to be different than yours. you want to turn this into the equivalent of a book club where people get together and discuss the meaning of his lyrics. it's harder to do that these days now that he's quit ripping off from Shelagh Delaney. i think his more recent lyrics and songs are basically a medium through which he has an excuse to keep being the star known as Morrissey. His newer songs are the argument that he is still "relevant", but what he really wants out of it is to tour, be chased down for interviews, have never-ending discussions crop up about him on the internet.

that sounds worse than what i mean it to be, but the point of his songs have changed. Back in the old days, he would recall how the Moor's murders made him feel or how a job sucked the life out of him. The early lyrics were a celebration of the culture of Morrissey. It pieced together this world of black and white photos, double decker buses, the music he listened to growing up, post war Britain. It wasn't simply the Morrissey show. It was Morrissey inviting you into his room to see the odd things he had collected over the years.

Now, it's a mixture of "i'm still lonely" with "I'll get revenge against you by writing a song about you." occasionally he visits the old ways by trying to bring a bit of Kristeen Young into his music to do a Klaus Nomi impersonation, or stealing a line such as "This is not your country" from a movie. But basically, these days you are getting only the internal Morrissey.

Last edited:
I have suggested requiring registration for the front page and/or linking the forum account with posting on the front page...

Also...my other suggestion would be making registration more than just replying to an automated email to keep people from trolling while the Moderators are out to lunch...

I agree with the first paragraph, if those people want to post vile stuff about MOzzy then they should have the courage to not hide.

Don't agree with the sencond paraghraph....... I think the mods do a pretty good job of banning trolls already, we dont' need anymore rules and regulations.

If Moz does know what goes on here (and I think there's a fair amount of evidence in his recent lyrics and comments to suggest he does) :)

uh, can you point me to the lyrics Morrissey has written recently about Solo?? I'm intrigued, hehe. :p

Well then, who makes Solo so low?
All the negative a**holes who post disparaging remarks and the odd troll who rears his/her ugly head from time to time.
My ignore list is quite short at the moment, so I think that bodes well for this forum! (Well, for today anyway!)

Obsessives who give every song in the polls 10/10 and defend every single thing about Morrissey no matter what he does. That is annoying. Love the man but lets face it..... no one is perfect.

Obsessives who give every song in the polls 10/10 and defend every single thing about Morrissey no matter what he does. That is annoying. Love the man but lets face it..... no one is perfect.

Oh god, I agree. Not so much the 10/10s on the polls but those who will shoot you down if you post anything slightly objective about Morrissey. I absolutely love him. Doesn't mean I think he is faultless or I feel the need to preach morals & opinions that are really his and not my own. :)

Last edited:

Oh god, I agree. Not so much the 10/10s on the polls but those who will shoot you down if you post anything slightly objective about Morrissey. I absolutely love him. Doesn't mean I think he is faultless or I feel the need to preach morals that are really his and not my own. :)

I agree with you two, I've only given like 5 or 6 10s so far. I love and defend Moz when haters say bads things abouthim for no reason, but I do not approve of every single thing he does or says..... I love him inconditionally though, even when disagreeing.

I agree with you two, I've only given like 5 or 6 10s so far. I love and defend Moz when haters say bads things abouthim for no reason, but I do not approve of every single thing he does or says..... I love him inconditionally though, even when disagreeing.

Morrissey songs (in my opinon that deserve 10)

Everyday Is Like Sunday, November Spawned A Monster, Tomorrow, The More You Ignore Me, Now My Heart Is Full, Speedway, Disappointed, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, Jack The Ripper, Nobody Loves Us, Lost, The Never Played Symphonies, and Friday Mourning

Everyday Is Like Sunday, November Spawned A Monster, Tomorrow, The More You Ignore Me, Now My Heart Is Full, Speedway, Disappointed, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, Jack The Ripper, Nobody Loves Us, Lost, The Never Played Symphonies, and Friday Mourning

you forgot Hairdresser on Fire

and WILL NEVER MARRY!!!!! and seasick, mute witness, king leer, the loop, alsatian cousin, angle angel down together we go, glamorous glue, life is a pigsty... and that's just off the top of my head.

clearly i am not the one to put 10 for all - not by far, but many many good ones...

at least the ones i mentioned... and some of the ones you mentioned too!

you forgot Hairdresser on Fire

Love The Music..and definitely should have been a single.....Today I give it 9.95...After 19 years..it just isn't the same for me anymore

and WILL NEVER MARRY!!!!! and seasick, mute witness, king leer, the loop, alsatian cousin, angle angel down together we go, glamorous glue, life is a pigsty... and that's just off the top of my head.

clearly i am not the one to put 10 for all - not by far, but many many good ones...

at least the ones i mentioned... and some of the ones you mentioned too!

A lot of those haven't come up yet.....WILL NEVER MARRY, SEASICK, PIGSTY, JACK THE RIPPER, TLAOTFIP, PIGSTY, are all 10s in my book.

A lot of those haven't come up yet.....WILL NEVER MARRY, SEASICK, PIGSTY, JACK THE RIPPER, TLAOTFIP, PIGSTY, are all 10s in my book.

I forgot Maudlin Street and Angel, Angel...both the live and studio versions..since they're so different and both so brillaint...

We were just complaining about limiting our 10's...so I've attempted to do so

i think the fact that most threads go off-topic so fast is the reason that So low is So Low....
Sometimes I have to dig through conversations people have with each other about their underwear in order to find the real discussion im here for.
But I am a hypocrite. I also go off topic easily.
And it is also my pathetic fault I am on this forum. First forum of my life where i posted more than 3 posts.

Back
Top Bottom