Morrissey makes someone's day!

For some clarification about this video... Morrissey came over to me after seeing what I was holding for him to sign. In no way did I approach him or attempt to invade his space. Also, he clearly knew it was Johnny's sig... and although I can't be sure, it certainly didn't feel that I was disrespecting him by asking him to sign the Australian import CD, originally purchased (by me a long time ago) in the Box Set that included post cards and the Hatful T-shirt.... only after completely wearing out the UK vinyl. If I am mistaken, he thanked me, and was smiling. I had to have been one of the only Smiths fans in Idaho in 1984. Come on, seriously folks... I have supported everything he's ever released. I was fortunate to have seen him at the Boulder, Colorado show in 1992 (Check your Morri'Zine-Issue 5, Vol. 4, Pg. 6). These autographs won't be showing up anywhere except willed to my son. Hopefully he'll put them on ebay. Most likely however, and with any luck by then, my (now 8 year-old) will treasure them as much as I do.

That's a great story, and I wish I might one day be in the position in which you found yourself. Brilliant - wallow in the moment, and feel great about it.

Best WIshes,

Peter

Yay! ^I second that- thanks for sharing it Some Boys Are Bigger etc. That should keep you smiling for next few weeks, months, years etc. Wouldn't blame you even if you had invaded his space, you're clearly serious. Yippee for you.

For some clarification about this video... Morrissey came over to me after seeing what I was holding for him to sign. In no way did I approach him or attempt to invade his space. Also, he clearly knew it was Johnny's sig... and although I can't be sure, it certainly didn't feel that I was disrespecting him by asking him to sign the Australian import CD, originally purchased (by me a long time ago) in the Box Set that included post cards and the Hatful T-shirt.... only after completely wearing out the UK vinyl. If I am mistaken, he thanked me, and was smiling. I had to have been one of the only Smiths fans in Idaho in 1984. Come on, seriously folks... I have supported everything he's ever released. I was fortunate to have seen him at the Boulder, Colorado show in 1992 (Check your Morri'Zine-Issue 5, Vol. 4, Pg. 6). These autographs won't be showing up anywhere except willed to my son. Hopefully he'll put them on ebay. Most likely however, and with any luck by then, my (now 8 year-old) will treasure them as much as I do.

That's an awesome and enviable story. Since my joke seems to have bombed many times over, let me explain that it was a dig at the cacophany of "Fake!" accusations that comes up every time a Moz autograph appears on eBay, not at you or the likelihood that you'd hawk yours. In reality, you've just gotten yourself indelible proof of the signature's authenticity.

That gave me chills! :D
Lucky fellow...

Thank you for sharing in my experience! What is an ebay? And how do I find one? Thanks to my new friends (The Infamous A-Listers) for the tour of downtown Spokane hotels! Christine... write soon. I miss you!

Some Boys Are Bigger Than Others

hi brian, congrats again!!!! i dont know if you remember me, i was kinda on the fringes of the A-list, i'm the girl with the shaved head...i was soo soooo happy for you, you absolutely radiated happiness!! it was a beautiful thing to see :D

Great video, strangely calm!

I think even if I saw Morrissey I would think twice about whether to actually approach him or not, it just doesn’t seem to be something that happens in his world- because of his attitude? I don’t know. I remember going to see him in Manchester and walking behind the venue with a friend we saw all the tour buses and things being unloaded, and she was amazed that there wasn’t a big group of fans there hoping to catch a glimpse of Moz. He’s just too normal almost, like when people scream at him and he just rolls his eyes! I do know that if I ever approached him and he looked thoroughly fed-up and brushed me off I’d be scarred for life…

God bless you, I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat after watching your video. Even though I've had a moment with him from the stage (so to speak), I'm aching to meet him one to one like that. I've waited outside a couple of venues before a gig, but over in the UK there's usually too big a group for him to want to approach, so it's just a wave and then he's gone.
I've been told by the crew that he will sign Smiths stuff as much as Morrissey stuff, as he's still immensely proud of all his work, the trick is just catching him at the right time. After being devoted for so long, you truly deserved that moment.

Back
Top Bottom