Which song cheers you up however you're feeling?

"The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" always does it for me. There's something very buoyant about that melody and it's one of those kind of rare Morrissey songs where he's asserting power rather than fulfilling the victim role.

ANYTHING by Kirsty MacColl! (There's A Guy Who Works The Chip Shop Who Says He's Elvis..."

For me it would have to be William it was really nothing...it may seem like an odd choice but whenever I listen to it when I'm feeling down it always makes me feel better.
Another is Ask, this always cheers me up and makes me want to dance around my room :)

For solo stuff definatley sing your life :D

What about you guys?

you were good in your time always makes me happy,especially the droning bit at the end,cheers me up no end:rolleyes:

First of the Gang to Die
Vicar in a Tutu
Cemetery Gates
Handsome Devil
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Redondo Beach

"Sing Your Life." Specifically the KROQ version, as the energy is just unavoidable :thumb:

Ditto to that! it's so much better than the studio version which is kind of lifeless...it's like a different song.
Also,like others have said, Ask can't fail to cheer you up as you sing along:)

It used to be Rosanna by Toto but the last time I listened to that, my car got hit by a van :tears:

So um I guess it would be Steal Away by Robbie Dupree

"The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" always does it for me. There's something very buoyant about that melody and it's one of those kind of rare Morrissey songs where he's asserting power rather than fulfilling the victim role.

Love that song.Can't get that on You Tube anymore:mad:

And I think it's on Oye Esteban which i can't find on Region 2 or multi.

heaven knows i'm miserable now...had a lousy long day yesterday and i must have played it back to back to back in the car...singing loudly with the windows down and a big fat smile on my face!!!

ANYTHING by Kirsty MacColl! (There's A Guy Who Works The Chip Shop Who Says He's Elvis..."

I agree on anything by Kirsty MacColl cheering you up. After a rotten day at work, popping in "Tropical Brainstorm" always puts me in a better mood.

"Certain People I know" It just makes me forget and laugh about things, particularly when I'm annoyed or upset..

We hate it when our friends become successful
Hairdresser on fire
Last of the Famous international playboys
some girls are bigger than others
stop me if you think you've heard this one before

NEVER FAILS :D

I really really love The Last of the Famous International Playboys and Sing Your Life and The Loop, and, and. and ........oh this is really hard cos I cheer up whenever I hear Morrissey's voice....

Ditto to that! it's so much better than the studio version which is kind of lifeless...it's like a different song.
Also,like others have said, Ask can't fail to cheer you up as you sing along:)

Well I wouldn't call it lifeless, per se. At times I can prefer the studio version too, because of the synth strings and the feel from the video that transforms Mozzer into a veritable 50s crooner, a persona I personally think fits him nicely :thumb:

That's Roger Manning on keyboards there...but what a great song, what a great band.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom