Which of these 'epic" songs do you prefer ?

Which of these "epic' Morrissey tracks do you prefer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's "epic" about "Speedway"? Incidentally one of his most overrated songs in my opinion - it's allright, but still one of the weakest songs on Vauxhall.

I voted Maudlin Street - it was my favorite track on VH from the beginning, and still is.

Maybe I have a different idea of what "epic" means, but for part I'd definitely have put "Maladjusted" on this list.

cheers

By 'epic' do you mean long or, I don't know, sort of grand?

If it's the latter, I'd go for Now My Heart is Full or Nobody Loves Us.

My instinctive definition would be long, "grand" and telling a big story rather than just dwelling on some incident or theme or making an observation.

cheers

most definitely speedway - especially the live version which I think is much better

the ending.... come on, how could you argue it.

all those lieeeeeesss

Life is a pigsty. The way it starts off slowly, the guitar bit kicking in, before ending in an epic anguish lament of the pain of falling in love. It has everything. Plus, this part always kills me.

I can't reach you anymore
Can you please stop time
Can you stop the pain
I feel too old
And now I feel too warm again.

Majestic.

I chose Speedway but really I love Maudlin and Southpaw almost as much.If I had to choose my least fave it would be Pigsty but that's not to say I dislike the song, it's one of the better ones on Ringleader.

Quite hard to vote but anything off Vauxhall & I gets my vote.

I'd have to go for Southpaw for the final lyric. Strikes me deep.

Pigsty :)

Late Night, Maudlin St. is NOT epic - it's actually quite dull and after being a huge fan for 22 years, i have NEVER even liked the song

wow that felt good to get off me chest

I voted for Maudlin. Does epic mean same as stupendous? Well, it'd still be Maudlin for me. I think I've listened that song the most on Viva Hate and at one time, a really long time, it was my top favourite Moz song. Oh, it's great, great *shivers*

I didn't know Southpaw was an epic.
And never understood why Speedway is...
I go for Maudlin myself

Back
Top Bottom