Which Producer should Morrissey work with again?

Which past Producer should Morrissey work with again?

• Stephen Street

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Clive Langer and Alan Winstanley

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I wish Mick Ronson could rise from dead!!

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Steve Lillywhite

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Jerry Finn

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Tony Visconti

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Puddle

Banned
um...let me know if i missed any. this is for producer, not song writer.

I have a personal preference for Langer and Winstanley they've produced some of the finest songs ever, not just Morrissey and are really under-rated.... they rarely work together anymore alas.

Last edited:
I have a personal preference for Langer and Winstanley they've produced some of the finest songs ever and are really understated.... they rarely work together anymore alas.

i wouldn't mind that...i recently fell in love with Kill Uncle. sometimes it's sitting right in front of you for many years until you finally realize it: "You are brilliant, I love you". Though this never occurred with any person in my life. I stick to my initial feeling and always plan to take it to my grave. It's simpler that way.

Last edited:
STEPHEN!! and Mr. Lillywhite. But if he'd chosen to work with Mr. Visconti on his next album, it'd be great too:)

Morrissey should continue work with Visconti I think. T Rex produced their two greatest albums with him, and Morrissey should do the same with at least one more album. I really think though, that for all the good that "Ringleader" had on it (and there was plenty!) that the two of them could have gone for broke some more on some of it. Some of it felt a little understated, as if Morrissey was merely dipping his feet in a new direction, making Ringleader somewhat of a transitional peice of work. In my opinion it's one of Moz's greats, but should he choose to continue the direction with Visconti, I think that their is yet more potential there for really creating a masterwork.

I would like to see Morrissey work with Brian Eno. I don't know, however, if Morrissey has ever had interest in Eno or his work.

As a previous poster had mentioned, a second album produced by Visconti won't be bad at all.

I think morrissey should do what he at first set out to do after Vauxhall and I...to get a glimpse, listen to the demo of Reader Meet Author before Morrissey came in and said "amp it up" (along with the rest of the album). ask for it in the download section, someone should be able to help you out if you haven't heard it yet.

Steve Lillywhite has good skills...sure parts of SOuthpaw sound U2-ish...which makes sense since steve is best known for working with U2...but then again morrissey asked for that "amp it up" sound. i just like the clarity and beauty of his mixing on Vauxhall & I...and southpaw and maladjusted weren't bad either.

of course, i'm not saying do the same thing...try something new but do it with Steve Lillywhite--the guy has a lot to offer.

Back
Top Bottom