Where did all those Mexicans come from?

Re: They came from nowhere, they are in AZTLAN.

> But are you so sure he will stay on YOUR side to the end?
> Look how carelessly he tossed aside the white kids for the
> Mexicans,
> What makes you think that the asians wont be his next
> "pet" race?
He carelessly tossed aside the white kids? Exactly how did he do that? At first I thought you were simply making an observation but now I see there is abit of bitterness inside you. He said "I love ALL my fans and there bodies" not just the Mexican ones. I have a fascination with the Japanese culture but that doesn't mean I'm throwing aside my race (science really doesn't acknowledge the term race and neither do I really). I think if Morrissey were to visit this site he would laugh his arse off at the assumptions his fans make.

> Q: If Morrissey really loved Mexico, why doesn't he play shows
> there or live there?
> A: He fears for his life!

Actually he said in an interview it's 'cos they don't offer him enough dinero.

To the misinformed...

First of all, Mexicans come from Mexico, but all of the other Hispanics that are not Mexican come from their respective countries. This is analagous to many people who STILL refer to Asians as "Chinese".

Alot of Hispanics at the LA show? Not alot at the old Smiths gigs? Wow, what brilliant observations! Look at the Hispanic Population of LA in 1999 (statistically), then look at what the Hispanic population of Manchester or London in the mid-eighties. Are people aware that California borders Mexico? What you all are observing is local geography. If Morrissey were to play in Rochester, NY, you would see many more Caucasians at the show. The racial representations at Morrissey shows reflects the racial breakdown of the city in which he is playing.

I travelled from Houston to attend this show & this is all very sad to me. I used to enjoy Morrissey-solo.com but now it has become a forum for the misinformed and the racist.

On a positive note, Morrissey was a beautiful presence at the concert & no one will ever take that memory away from me.

Re: You don't have to try...you are!

> No wonder you felt out of place. With opinions like yours I
> would be afraid to. Enough hate for today...delete this tree.

You ignorant racist. If you have enough balls to go online where no one can see your ugly mug, I would have liked to see you say that to your gardner and his south of the border friends, so I can see you get your dumb, lame ass beat!!!!

Re: RibenaUK Is One Ignorant Bitch....

> Title sais it all...

NO RIBENAUK IS JUST AN IGNORANT @#!!!
(I hate that "c" word and only reserve it for the lowest of the low)

Re: You are terribly misinformed

I think some people are getting mad, because it sounds like you're talking about the whold race. Instead I think you mean some Mexicans at the concerts act rude or whatever. I went to bot San Francisco shows at I saw a whole bunch of Mexican people and they're weren't rowdy or anything. If anything there were some white folks that were getting crazy. I know you're talking about some or even a lot at the L.A concert and yeah the scene and gathering of people is different over there than up here, the generalization of people is what is getting people upset. I'm Mexican, but that doesn't mean I resort to violence, I mean if you keep talking I'll be forced to beat u up, but I'm not violent..........I was kidding! And I'm not writing this to anyone in particular, so don't start crying.

> Attend a few Morrissey shows in LA and then come and talk to
> me....

> I think that people have a right to complain and to express
> their dislike towards the Mexicans. I find them their behavior
> completely disgusting. It has nothing to do with being
> judgmental, prejudicial, jelous or whatever. What more do you
> want? Some one got killed.

> I go to Morrissey concerts to enjoy the music. I expect to get
> pushed and crushed to an extent, but why do I also have to be
> over cautions with the fans because I might get beaten up or
> even killed. These people are just animals and have never been
> to such a passionate general admission shows. At San Francisco,
> we got pushed, got squished, got thrown on stage etc., but never
> did I fear for my safety. I came with out any bruises while my
> sister that tried to the same at the LA shows has a bunch of
> bruises and blue spots all over her legs.

> The one causing these disturbances are the Mexican as most have
> stated. People have a right to express their dislikes toward the
> attitude and behavior of these people.

> BTW, I don't know why you had such a terrible time at Coachella
> when it was such a phenomenal event for me, the best thing I've
> done this year (and I got to do a lot since I finally graduated
> from college and was able to do them). I saw some phenomenal
> performances and I will find myself making tedious comparisons
> between those performances and the current ones for a time to
> come.

> Also, you are missing out by not going to anymore Morrissey
> shows if you are able to attend. I understand there is nothing
> new, but I wouldn't mind attending the remaining three shows if
> I was able even though I have already been to four. Each time
> there is something new. There something about Morrissey's
> charisma and stage presence that makes, oh-so worth it. Also,
> the dynamics of going on inside the crowd, of getting pushed,
> the jumping around, the signing etc. How often does you a
> performer to bring out such emotion in their fans and the same
> time perform an excellent set?!?

That's funny! There's many Mexicans I know and they are the warmest, most hospitable, friendly, and affectionate people I know. Just cause you see some Mexicans that act a certain way doesn't make all of them or us bad people. I don't know if you knew but a lot of serial killers are white guys. Does that make all white people crazy killers? HMMMMM UH NO! You need to get out of your bubble and really live life. You're so afraid and I'm sure you even look afraid at these shows, that's so pathetic. Just next time you go to the show, bring some tissue and sob in the corner and be scared. What a life to live.

> Q: If Morrissey really loved Mexico, why doesn't he play shows
> there or live there?
> A: He fears for his life!

Re:BECCA; YOU´RE SO RIGHT!

I agree with you completely , but seems like the neverending discussion huh?
nevermind...
It´s pretty obvious people think Mexico it´s just the border...
They have never even dream on approaching or taking the time to open a book, no, forget it ,books are past , well search for Mexico in the internet..
Everyone would be very surprised.
ohh anyway...
there´s my e-mail adress....

I disagree!

Don't try to run away from the facts. I have nothing against mexicans. But the haven't been here long, it's some stupid fad. And I don't like it when people use morrissey as a fashion point. You could see me on the street and know that I'm a morrissey fan, but it was the music that drew me to him first. I mean how would you(rebels) feel if you saw me at a show with a teardrop tatooed under my left eye?

Re: I disagree!

You could see me on the street and know that I'm a
> morrissey fan, but it was the music that drew me to him first.

this statement is a perfect illustration of your probable tendency to draw conclusions based on people's looks.

I mean how would you(rebels) feel if you saw me at a show with a
> teardrop tatooed under my left eye?

i would think you were very silly. please be careful not to enforce stereotypes. we are a diverse group & don't always share common views & behavior.

BECCA, What happened

What happened to last of the famous at the second San Fran show?

I Should Have Gone To Coachella

I don't remember a single person
> there wanting to give an inch or be nice.
- after he cancelled Vega$ - and I had driven straight from work at lunch time after being talked into going at the last minute- I decided NOT to risk blowing $50 for Coachella- especially since it was doubtful he would even play. I didn't want to see any of the other bands...

BUT: I would have gone just to have been the one person nice to you, Suzanne

Re: I Should Have Gone To Coachella

> I don't remember a single person
> - after he cancelled Vega$ - and I had driven straight from work
> at lunch time after being talked into going at the last minute-
> I decided NOT to risk blowing $50 for Coachella- especially
> since it was doubtful he would even play. I didn't want to see
> any of the other bands...

say, aren't you supposed to be in Vegas right now?

Good thing I didn't hop a plane and go...my stomach is such a mess right now :^(

> BUT: I would have gone just to have been the one person nice to
> you, Suzanne

that's lovely.

punch someone in the gut for me when you get there.

Re: BECCA, What happened

I couldn't hear a thing! I faintly heard some singing it, but my freakin friend was yelling all in my ear and believe me she's LOUD! At the first show we got seperated and she had copies I made into little cards of the words and she passed them out to the people at the balcony. I was like NOOOOOO! I couldn't find her to tell her to give them to me! Did u like the show?

> What happened to last of the famous at the second San Fran show?

Re: I disagree!

for SOME. Yes, and for some white people and for some Asian people it's a fad. That's why people get mad, cuz you focus on Mexicans. I'm a fan for the music, but then again I think you're talking to the "rebels" or whatever you want to call them.

> Don't try to run away from the facts. I have nothing against
> mexicans. But the haven't been here long, it's some stupid fad.
> And I don't like it when people use morrissey as a fashion
> point. You could see me on the street and know that I'm a
> morrissey fan, but it was the music that drew me to him first. I
> mean how would you(rebels) feel if you saw me at a show with a
> teardrop tatooed under my left eye?

I Cancelled My Vega$ Plans When You Cancelled Our Elvis Wedding

> say, aren't you supposed to be in Vegas right now?
- no no no . One show was enough for me. If he hadn't cancelled the first time in October I may not have gone to the L.A. show last week. I just had to see it- the set list looked too good to miss...

> Good thing I didn't hop a plane and go...my stomach is such a
> mess right now :^(
- sorry.

> that's lovely.
- thanks

> punch someone in the gut for me when you get there.
- ;^)

> Well, ya know, we the white americans send our armies all over
> the world and kill millions of people. We killed women and
> children in My Li, our trade sanctions in Iraq have killed
> nearly a million people, all civillians which is technically
> illegal. Cops go into "bad" neighborhoods and kill and
> beat "bad" people all the time with no provocation.
> Drug companies forge their test results and nearly 100,000
> people a year die from legal prescribed drug use. Corporations
> go south of the border and dump tons of toxic pollutants into
> the water, kill the wildlife, and make the people who live
> around it sick.

> The point I'm getting at is that there is no race and no level
> of education that makes you see the value of human life. Just
> because someone physically has a knife in their hand and stabs
> you with it makes them no worse than anyone...and if you think
> about it, they killed one person. Not millions like our
> government does.

All I said that people have a right to express their contempt towards those Mexican guys at the Morrissey concerts. Yes, I realize that not all Mexican behave in this manner (I don’t). What word(s) is one to use instead of "Mexicans"? Those brown people with…. never mind.

> The thing is, this was probably a personal scuffle between these
> two that had been brewing for a while.

> Well, gee. Are you telling me that it was only the Mexicans
> doing that? Are you telling me that all the white people where
> politely standing in a corner and looking forlornly at Morrissey
> way off in the distance?

> When I went to Coachella and stood in line at Vegas, I really
> didn't see to many hispanics. I saw asians, and I saw a bunch of
> whiney neo yuppies, but I didn't see a large overwhelming mass
> of angry hispanics with brass knuckles and guns in their hands.

> And being where I was, the white people were as anxious to trip
> over anyone to get a good spot as anyone.

You see in my mind Coachella was a bit different scenario that what happened at the Palladium. A lot was said by the press (especially the British Press) about Morrissey and his Mexican following making it seem like the vast majority of the Morrissey fans at Coachella where Mexican. To me, the Mexican fans where the ones that stood out, but by no means where the majority. I see the British point of view, though, and I see why they would be mystified by all of them. I was there, I was laughing my ass off… It just intriguing to see some big buff muscle guys with a shirt that says "I got Morrissey."

Well for me, where I was I must have counted more that 10 big huge Mexican guys and their girlfriends passing by me basically shoving me out the way so they can get through. Yeah- ok if you want to be at the front get there a little earlier or at least be nice about it not just pass by shoving your way through like an animal with this big attitude complex, get out of my way or I will kick your ass. If I were to say a word or to give them a weird look, they would have started something with me even though it is very evident that I'm Mexican by my appearance. Other than that, no one else bothered me, people pushed and shoved during the performance, some where screaming "Johnny Marr " in my ear, but he no big deal.

> everyone has their reasons.

> Aren't you the lucky one. I'll bet you actually had a job
> waiting for you once you graduated, and one that paid something
> beyond way below the poverty line.

What does this have to do with anything?!? I worked hard in College for a reason. Looking back, I kick myself for missing some really awesome concert like Pulp in 1996, Suede 95 etc. because I was studying. At least, I wasn't being rowdy, blaming the white for oppressing me like a lot of...

> Don't you see? I'm not able to attend. I just got through with
> my own gig tonight and I have way too many other things going on
> to put this high on my priority list.

> Even so, I won't make the time to attend. I think the hours I
> waste worrying about how it's going to happen, and where to go,
> and what to do, and whatever else I'm going to do beyond the
> hour Morrissey plays on stage are much better served somewhere
> else. The past 2 shows I've flown out to see were just more of a
> letdown than anything.

> True, his performance at Coachella was good, but really, do I
> feel like standing in line at Vegas for 2+ hours with a bunch of
> self righteous screaming banshees, finally making it inside (if
> I get to make it inside at all if the idiot didn't decide to
> turn around and maul Boz this time and another show gets
> cancelled), have a bunch of people who are much bigger and
> stronger than I am muscle their way through to my spot
> regardless that they already saw 20 shows and didn't pay a dime
> in travelling there beyond gas money because I'm smaller and
> don't bite, get painfully squashed by every hippie who owned
> every bootleg of the Smiths and think they are better than
> everyone else for having this great status, and watch the show
> get cut off short once the westham girls decide that they want
> yet another chance to get on stage?

> Anywhere in the country...doesn't have to be California...I feel
> very stupid standing in the middle of it. I feel like an idiot
> fighting for my turf, basically, and I don't like feeling like
> and idiot. I'm a mellow person by nature. It's just not in me to
> be punching everyone's lights out just so I can touch
> MOrrissey's hand, and yet, that is the only reason to go to such
> an event....

Alright, if you can't make that is fine. Yet, you make seem like others are crazy for having such a desire to go.

I think you are exaggerating just a tiny bit about the crowd dynamics, though. For all four shows that I've seen this year, we have never been there early to form a line. We arrive just in time for the opening band and we missed another time. Yet, for all we got excellent spots. At Coachella, we were about 15-20 ft from the stage that was the furthest we been from the stage. In SF, we made it to the front both times. My two female friends were not as aggressive as us, but still got an excellent view also. You don't have to go through all the fiasco you describe to get an excellent view. Come with me next time and I'll show you what I mean :)

No seriously, didn’t you feel lonely doing all that travelling by yourself?!? I would hate to do all the travelling you did without having anyone to impart my feelings to. Maybe, you do this all the time, I don’t know, but don't you think it would have been much nicer if you were doing it with someone?!?

> The same ones you are afraid will stab you? You need to sit down
> and think about this for a bit.

I never said that I was afraid. I said that you have to be cautious. I'm not walking around with a bulletproof vest or anything.

We are back to were we started. I said that in the concerts I went to in San Francisco, I didn't have to worry about those people while my sister had to go though hell in LA. Yeah- she loved it, but now she is paying for it because all the bruises she has on her body. I have no bruises no nothing why because those idiots where not there.

thegang.jpg

I ask my sister (she is Mexican you know- heh heh)… how was the concert (referring to the second night at the palladium)?

Nonchalantly, she answers, there weren't that many Mexicans tonight so it was way better.

thegang.jpg

Re:BECCA; YOU´RE SO RIGHT!

Oh--yo tambien le daria muchos elogios a Mexico si mi papi me enviara a Milan para poder ir a Morrissey. Mexico, seria de lo mejor si mi papi y mami pagaran para que yo pudiera ver a Morrissey cada vez que se de me diera la gana.

Pues como yo no puedo impartir los mismos sentimientos, creo que en cierta forma no concuerdo contigo. Talvez tenga celos, no se, pero pienso que le estas dando demasiados credito a un pais que esta destruido por la avaricia. Son pocos los que son ricos, pero ellos son los que tienen todo el poder y lo usan oprimir la otras personas que no constituyen este grupo.

Si Mexico, talvez sea muy lindo cuando tienes dinero para ir gastar y gozar, pero no se conmueve tu ser en fijarte en todas la demas gente que esta ahi sufriendo?!?

Mi pregunta, que elogios le puedo dar a un pais que representa tanta injusticia?!?

Yo soy mexicano y vivi un tiempo en Mexico, pero la verdad es que nunca me gustaria regresar alla, solo en ver tanta injusticia y en ver como habeces mi familia sufre/sufria innecesariamente porque ellos no son parte de el poderio de es pais.

thegang.jpg

> All I said that people have a right to express their contempt
> towards those Mexican guys at the Morrissey concerts. Yes, I
> realize that not all Mexican behave in this manner (I don’t).
> What word(s) is one to use instead of "Mexicans"?
> Those brown people with…. never mind.

Actually, there are many hispanics who are strictly of European descent and are as fair skinned as anyone, so technically, that explanation doesn't fit.

And since many of those "blend in" with your typical anglo crowd, you are basically taking out your frustrations on the ones with noticeable Indian heritage.

> You see in my mind Coachella was a bit different scenario that
> what happened at the Palladium. A lot was said by the press
> (especially the British Press) about Morrissey and his Mexican
> following making it seem like the vast majority of the Morrissey
> fans at Coachella where Mexican. To me, the Mexican fans where
> the ones that stood out, but by no means where the majority. I
> see the British point of view, though, and I see why they would
> be mystified by all of them. I was there, I was laughing my ass
> off… It just intriguing to see some big buff muscle guys with a
> shirt that says "I got Morrissey."

> Well for me, where I was I must have counted more that 10 big
> huge Mexican guys and their girlfriends passing by me basically
> shoving me out the way so they can get through. Yeah- ok if you
> want to be at the front get there a little earlier or at least
> be nice about it not just pass by shoving your way through like
> an animal with this big attitude complex, get out of my way or I
> will kick your ass. If I were to say a word or to give them a
> weird look, they would have started something with me even
> though it is very evident that I'm Mexican by my appearance.
> Other than that, no one else bothered me, people pushed and
> shoved during the performance, some where screaming "Johnny
> Marr " in my ear, but he no big deal.

They don't exactly perform an IQ test as part of the ticket purchase requirement.....

They want your money. They don't care if you are stupid, have a 3rd arm jutting from your butt, or are just like the guys at Night at the Roxbury. If you present $50, they hand you a ticket.

Now, if they started refusing to sell tickets because of what the person looked like, I have a big problem, and so should you.

Do you remember the Jim Crow laws?

> What does this have to do with anything?!? I worked hard in
> College for a reason.

Um, so did I, and it didn't get anywhere...

>Looking back, I kick myself for missing
> some really awesome concert like Pulp in 1996, Suede 95 etc.
> because I was studying. At least, I wasn't being rowdy, blaming
> the white for oppressing me like a lot of...

> Alright, if you can't make that is fine. Yet, you make seem like
> others are crazy for having such a desire to go.

Not so. I think people expect way too much for an hour long show, frankly.

> I think you are exaggerating just a tiny bit about the crowd
> dynamics, though. For all four shows that I've seen this year,
> we have never been there early to form a line. We arrive just in
> time for the opening band and we missed another time. Yet, for
> all we got excellent spots. At Coachella, we were about 15-20 ft
> from the stage that was the furthest we been from the stage. In
> SF, we made it to the front both times. My two female friends
> were not as aggressive as us, but still got an excellent view
> also. You don't have to go through all the fiasco you describe
> to get an excellent view. Come with me next time and I'll show
> you what I mean :)

Um...

The thing is, if you want a decent view, then you have to pay the price of being locked in the middle of a rowdy crowd. I was less than 5 feet from the guard rail, yet didn't even see the banana thing in boy racer. Why? Because I was being swallowed by it. Sure, I could have fought my way backwards to a less harrowing spot, but what is the point of flying across 2 time zones, standing in line for a cancelled show, standing in the broiling sun all day long to see the one remaining show if all you're going to do is stand in a place where the band looks like piss ants on the sidewalk?

> No seriously, didn’t you feel lonely doing all that travelling
> by yourself?!? I would hate to do all the travelling you did
> without having anyone to impart my feelings to. Maybe, you do
> this all the time, I don’t know, but don't you think it would
> have been much nicer if you were doing it with someone?!?

What you want and what you get are not the same things.

Yes, I do this all the time. If I spent any amount of time waiting for anyone to join me, I would be retired and stuck on a packaged tour bus with a bunch of little old ladies complaining about how loud everything is.

But it is good to escape. I think it's my one time that I can plan something completely nuts, change my itinerary on a moment's whim and not have to worry about anyone else. And when I have to worry about other people, it's not much of a vacation. I feel like all year long I'm killing things that I like to do just so I can accomodate others by sitting through THEIR choice in movies and THEIR restaurants and THEIR parties just so I can hang out with them when they are bored and can't find anyone else to hang out with, and on top of that, I'm an incredibly independent person and don't really like answering to anyone about where I've been.

It does get a bit boring sometimes, but it has it's own reward.

> I never said that I was afraid. I said that you have to be
> cautious. I'm not walking around with a bulletproof vest or
> anything.

I'm short. I'm not very big boned. I'm not a very loud or brazen person. I look at least 5+ years younger than what I am. The world is not the same place for me as it is for you.

> We are back to were we started. I said that in the concerts I
> went to in San Francisco, I didn't have to worry about those
> people while my sister had to go though hell in LA. Yeah- she
> loved it, but now she is paying for it because all the bruises
> she has on her body. I have no bruises no nothing why because
> those idiots where not there.

I don't know. From everything i had read about California early on, there have been idiots there for a long time. That riot erupted after the LA show back in '92 did it not? Who caused that?

Back
Top Bottom