Where did all those Mexicans come from?

R

RibenaUK

I knew that Morrissey had been attracting a lot of Mexican/South of the Border types. But I was not expecting what I saw last night, It was a total low rider/greaser convention. Absoluting shocking, you would think that Los Lobos was playing or something, I also think I saw my gardner. Look I'm not trying to be a biggot or anything like that. I just felt very out of place, and a bit fearfull for my wallet.

You don't have to try...you are!

> I knew that Morrissey had been attracting a lot of Mexican/South
> of the Border types. But I was not expecting what I saw last
> night, It was a total low rider/greaser convention. Absoluting
> shocking, you would think that Los Lobos was playing or
> something, I also think I saw my gardner. Look I'm not trying to
> be a biggot or anything like that. I just felt very out of
> place, and a bit fearfull for my wallet.

No wonder you felt out of place. With opinions like yours I would be afraid to. Enough hate for today...delete this tree.

Sorry you feel like that. We're not all like that. I'm sure there's even a few of your nationality that are stealers. I guess if you have this notion about a race and all of a sudden your around them you freak out. That sucks, hopefully your experience around them (or us)was alright. Hopefully you still have your wallet (j.k). Don't worry, WE'RE NOT SO BAD! You think you saw your gardener there, that was pretty funny. Fortunately, there's not a lot anyone can say to offend me. Ever think that to some you may look a part of a "group" that they wouldn't feel comfortable around. That's the coolest thing, when we're all different and we don't look alike. We shouldn't feel compelled to dress the same or look the same, that's what makes us individuals not catergorized. And as usual this is just MY opinion.

Becca

More than anything I just found it completely wierd... He never had a single hispanic fan in the Smiths days, I saw few on the Kill Uncle tour, and now it seems almost over night, he white audience is almost completely gone... Just very odd... that's all

> Sorry you feel like that. We're not all like that. I'm sure
> there's even a few of your nationality that are stealers. I
> guess if you have this notion about a race and all of a sudden
> your around them you freak out. That sucks, hopefully your
> experience around them (or us)was alright. Hopefully you still
> have your wallet (j.k). Don't worry, WE'RE NOT SO BAD! You think
> you saw your gardener there, that was pretty funny. Fortunately,
> there's not a lot anyone can say to offend me. Ever think that
> to some you may look a part of a "group" that they
> wouldn't feel comfortable around. That's the coolest thing, when
> we're all different and we don't look alike. We shouldn't feel
> compelled to dress the same or look the same, that's what makes
> us individuals not catergorized. And as usual this is just MY
> opinion.

> Becca

WOW! I never thought I'd see this kind of post here, but I guess, it takes all kinds. Anyway, it's not like all of a sudden, Morrissey has Latino fans. I went to a 95% hispanic high school in Los Angeles, and he had a HUGE following there in the mid-to-late '80s. As you can see, some 10 years ago. As for your "low rider/greaser" comment, you obviously don't know what that even looks like. What you saw last night was a lot of Latinos dressed up to look like his rockabilly/James Dean look. But because they were Latinos, you thought they looked like "greasers," right? Los Lobos fans look nothing like that, either. Ignorance isn't pretty, you know.

Di

Where did all those Mexicans come from??

I found it a bit surprising too at my first Morrrissey concert..not that he had SO many mexican fans.. but that they ALL dressed the same. Maybe not All.. but a majority.(even the girls) To tell the truth though.. i didnt feel left out.. even though i don't look "rockabilly" "James dean wannabe-ish" it was fun singing along and seeing the appreciation everyone had for morrissey.. US real fans will stick around and the rest will well.. Find another trend.

Excuse me Your Gardener!? People like you are soo ignorant please...we all had a good time and regardless of your thoughts I think you're wrong for saying comments like that ..Imagine What Moz would say about you?..why dont you open your eyes and see that there are all sorts of beautiful people who adore him and you are no one to be judging them!!! I hope you change your mind about Mexicans ..We were'nt the only ones there you know ..there was Asians ,Cubans ,Blacks ,Whites,English, German, Russian,Armenian,Puerto Ricans and thats the way Moz loves it..

> Excuse me Your Gardener!? People like you are soo ignorant
> please...we all had a good time and regardless of your thoughts
> I think you're wrong for saying comments like that ..Imagine
> What Moz would say about you?..why dont you open your eyes and
> see that there are all sorts of beautiful people who adore him
> and you are no one to be judging them!!! I hope you change your
> mind about Mexicans ..We were'nt the only ones there you know
> ..there was Asians ,Cubans ,Blacks ,Whites,English, German,
> Russian,Armenian,Puerto Ricans and thats the way Moz loves it..

Sometimes I think Moz is joking about the mexican stuff. In Fresno, did anyone notice how he saw that "Viva Mexico" banner on the back wall (it was just an advertisement for Corona or something) and he said "Viva Mexico--that's a nice sign" and then he giggled like "ha-ha". And in that guardian article he said he likes to drive around the "small, rundown mexican parts of L.a., where the small, rundown mexicans live". I wouldn't want him talking about me in that way.

You just have to laugh at this. No need to waste your energy on being angry anways. Some of us are more open-minded than others. Some live in a bubble and some experience a life filled with different people, things, etc... I don't agree with him either, but I won't try to change his thinking. I (Mexicans) know that some people think this or that of us and hey that's alright, I think we know better. I'm an individual not just a Mexican-girl (hotty). J/K.

Later!

I am shocked by your statement. First of all, I think you were feeling insecure about yourself because you didn't belong. It's funny how you felt out place and not no one else, are you ashamed that morrissey has Mexican fans? Or are you ashamed that most whites weren't present at the show?

I went to England and saw Ribena. It's a juice-box drink, but only one flavor (Strawberry) was made of normal ingredients. The others were made of flouride or something strange.

You were very out of place. It didn't seem like anyone else cared. I'm not even Mexican and your comments still offended me. Who in the world do you think you are Ribena. I never knew that only a certain kind of person can listen to Morrissey. It dosen't surprise me that a lot of Mexicans like his music. What surprises me is that ignorant idiots like you do. Seriously, you need to grow up.

Yes it is quite clear, that Moz will gladly accept money from those of any background...

Choco

Finally, somebody gets it! Of course, it's a joke. When he wore that Mexico shirt with the Aztec calendar at the SB, he was 'dying;' he could barely hold back his laughter.

I mean, I'm Mexican and I find some the things Mexicans do quite amusing. I would never ever wear a belt that says 'Hector'in the buckle but only as joke. I would never wear some stupid bandana that says "Mexico", but to be funny.

I love to go to Mexican soccer games in LA because Mexicans get all drunk and rowdy. My friends and I hang out with them and cheer for Mexico and just laugh at them and their stupid antics. It's very difficult to explain my fascination because the things they do aren't clear-cut humorous, but I can totally see how someone can be fascinated by them.

thegang.jpg

With over 50 people ejected from the show, 1 person stabbed, and 1 person beaten. I do understand why he/she felt that way. These types of things never happened in the Smiths days, nor do the happen in Europe where is fan base is 99% white.

However, on a more positive note, back in the Smiths days most of the female fans were more often homely than not... At last night's show there were quite a few hot babes, and yes a lot of them were hispanic.

I think what a lot of people don't get is that we all have to share Morrissey, and a lot of the fans like him in different ways. It's all the sycophant fans that drag me down, and they can be of any race...

> Yes it is quite clear, that Moz will gladly accept money from
> those of any background...

Exactly!!!! Thank You.

Personally, Im pissed that any of you like Morrissey. I much prefer the days when I seemed to be the only one that new about him and the smiths. So there.

Ribena is Morrissey favorite drink or part of it anyway.
Ribena can come in a box with many flavours, but it's most commonly sold as a Blackcurrant concentrate. You can mix 1/2 a pint of lager and 1/2 of cider and you get a snake bite, if you add Ribena you get what is called a Snakebite Black. It's very tasty. It's not sold in the USA, but it quite common in the UK and Canada. Just a wonderful treat for any age.

> I went to England and saw Ribena. It's a juice-box drink, but
> only one flavor (Strawberry) was made of normal ingredients. The
> others were made of flouride or something strange.

If you have read any of my posts you would know that I agree...
Everything was better in the smiths days... I go to shows and see people that weren't even born when the Smiths started has to tell ya something

> Personally, Im pissed that any of you like Morrissey. I much
> prefer the days when I seemed to be the only one that new about
> him and the smiths. So there.

Back
Top Bottom