What song are you listening to right now?

The similarity of the main riff and The Beatles' 'Getting Better' is intentional :guitar:

I can't express how much this song reminds me of the work of Breece D"J Pancake , the short-story writer , especially his key work "Trilobites" , although that's probably the unabashed Southerness in its mention of guns.
Such longing for integration into his girlfriend's family and belief that such is viable ...

And this one reminds of Sylvia Plath more than any other song . The same blue icy-cold tone and sound we find in "Sheep In Fog" if I had to pick one of Sylvia's to match this track ...

It took me literally a decade or more to get over crap like "Lady Lazarus" and "Daddy" and realise Plath was far more , and far more skilled , than just some mindlessly confessional poet who couldn't get over having a big feeling inside their body ...

And the vocal style in this track is far less embarrassing in terms of cultural appropriation than Portishead's earlier " smoky , sultry " efforts ...

And this from the best war film of all time . No spectacular , theme-track accompanied killings or escapes or dying. Just the horrific ordinariness of death in a POW camp as a Japanese officer who finds himself in love with David Bowie ( who plays a captured British commando ) watches the man of his dreams being tortured to death and can do nothing but salvage a lock of his hair when its done. Beautifully sad and human , particularly as an exploration of male passion and love for another man without any dreary lisping or other camp nonsense ...

Last edited:
Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom