What song are you listening to right now?

Fad Gadget. Died way before his time from a heart condition. An inspiration to Depeche Mode. DM supported Fad Gadget (Frank John Tovey) back at the start of their career and he supported DM later on for the Exciter tour but died shortly after on the cusp of what probably would have been a career resurgence. Brilliant synth/punk artist. Synthpunk I'm calling it.

Never heard of Fad but can hear the influence :thumb:

In the 90s when DM was going nowhere fast, I was doing a study/work stint in Essex and we sometimes went out in Basildon, to the then quite new Towngate Theatre, where I was told the band (and others like Alison Moyet) cut their performing teeth (might have been a youth centre before). One evening, a couple of the band members were hanging around the foyer, and as my brother was a big DM fan by then, I decided to try and get an autograph from Dave Gahan, which was given no problem : )

Kit
&

Last edited:
Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom