Unsignificant facts Morrissey-related

I once met up with some friends at a pub on Upper Street in Islington, London, and one of them brought a couple of women along with him. Later in the evening someone came round distributing flyers for "Feeling Gloomy", an Indie disco which takes place at the Islington Academy. I noted that the flyer listed The Smiths as an example of the music played and obviously had to make reference to my passion for the band and Morrissey. At this point one of my friends lady friends said, "I met Morrissey once."

Naturally I then hounded her for details.

It was about 8 years ago, she worked in a pub in North London and he came in for a drink with a man whom she assumed was his boyfriend. My question of "Was his name Jake?" was met with a non-plussed stare (honestly, non-Morrissey fans do my head in, they never get all the details). She served him his drink (I was also disappointed to note she was unable to recall the exact type of bevarage, though she thinks it was a beer), he said "thank you", sat at a table in the corner with the aforementioned man, was fairly quiet and didn't stay long.

She was aware of who he was, but wasn't that thrilled by the experience.

Clearly she is mental.

As for who the mystery man is... well, it could have been anyone. In hindsight, maybe it was Boz. He lives in North London.

I did press for details on why she thought it was Morrissey's boyfriend, but she just shrugged and said, "well, he's gay isn't he?", which in my mind, is a poor answer.

My Dad has been to the pub with other men, but he isn't gay. Sitting in a pub with someone is not evidence of one's sexuality, unless it happens to be The Duke of Wellington, Soho, and you're wearing drag.

Anyway, that is my totally unsignificant Morrissey related fact - I once met someone who once met Morrissey and was totally not bowled over by the encounter.

The Sing Your Life version on the KROQ is better than the Kill Uncle studio version IMO. In itunes you can fade it out at 3:39 - and then keep it in your playlist without having to listen the fans calling in. However you are right, technically it is the longest song :D

Or if you want... send me an email and I will post the edited version of that song which I found a few years ago cutting out the phone calls. It is as 128 kbps though.

A good friend of mine (a drummer/musician) knows Matt Walker thru some (musician) friends of his. He actually left Matt a voice mail prior to the Chicago show that he was going and would be with "a friend who is totally obsessed with Morrissey...she would die to meet him...no obligation, but if there's anything you could do..." I WAS DYING that he even asked him (what a friend for life!! I was also freaking out that I may have been meeting Moz that night) Well, no such luck but Matt did return his call when they were on break just to say hi and catch up (unfortunately, I don't think my name was mentioned-ha!) From what my bud tells me, Matt is a great guy -and very sweet- Matt said he enjoyed the tour, but the length of it was grueling at times. So, while this is insignificant to you all, being two degrees removed from Moz is VERY significant to me! Dang, I hope this connection pans out someday ((fingers crossed so tightly I'm cutting off my circulation)) Hell, I'll take an autograph as a consolation prize ;)

Nice post on the boards last night - Compliments of (and to!) Mozillow

"Now, on to his room at the Borgata...we happened to be in the right place at the right time and we found out which room he was in shortly after he checked out. Visit my Fickr site for a sneak peek of his room!"

Here is the room of Mnsr.Etienne a.k.a MOZ!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lets_talk_about_precious_things/

I'm getting some nice visuals! Take me to the heaven of your bed....

Nice post on the boards last night - Compliments of (and to!) Mozillow

"Now, on to his room at the Borgata...we happened to be in the right place at the right time and we found out which room he was in shortly after he checked out. Visit my Fickr site for a sneak peek of his room!"

Here is the room of Mnsr.Etienne a.k.a MOZ!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lets_talk_about_precious_things/

I'm getting some nice visuals! Take me to the heaven of your bed....

Seeing that, all I can think of is the fact that for the past 2 years, his home has been a whole bunch of different rooms like that one. :( I mean, apparently Moz doesn't mind, but surely he's ready to have his own bed again by now.

I love that cheese. I ate some today. It's best on these thin little English water crackers. Very thin slivers. mmm...

however, these pics feel uncomfortably intrusive to me. What, did you not get a shot of the contents of the bathroom trash can?

I love that cheese. I ate some today. It's best on these thin little English water crackers. Very thin slivers. mmm...

however, these pics feel uncomfortably intrusive to me. What, did you not get a shot of the contents of the bathroom trash can?

I have to say I kinda agree with you. While it was interesting and in a way kinda cool to be able to see that, peer into Mozzer's life like that...I feel like I wasn't suppose to, like invasion of privacy was accomplished. Almost like, Moz didn't give permission for that to be seen....but I still insisted on it anyways....pryed for it to happen. Goes along with how I feel about being nosy in conversation, if they don't want/care to share, I'm not gonna pry it outta the person and ask, unless its on their intiative. Hopefully this doesn't sound like a rant, it wasn't meant to be this way.

Though I am happy for you Corrissey ;) ...those are just my feelings.

I have to say I kinda agree with you. While it was interesting and in a way kinda cool to be able to see that, peer into Mozzer's life like that...I feel like I wasn't suppose to, like invasion of privacy was accomplished. Almost like, Moz didn't give permission for that to be seen....but I still insisted on it anyways....pryed for it to happen. Goes along with how I feel about being nosy in conversation, if they don't want/care to share, I'm not gonna pry it outta the person and ask, unless its on their intiative. Hopefully this doesn't sound like a rant, it wasn't meant to be this way.

Though I am happy for you Corrissey ;) ...those are just my feelings.

Corrissey didn't take those pictures, or at least I don't think so. Yeah - I surely wasn't invited to see that and didn't need to. But I looked at them anyway and I feel the same way about the pool pictures: I don't approve but here I am looking which makes me a total hypocrite!

Corrissey didn't take those pictures, or at least I don't think so. Yeah - I surely wasn't invited to see that and didn't need to. But I looked at them anyway and I feel the same way about the pool pictures: I don't approve but here I am looking which makes me a total hypocrite!

Oh, well I didn't mean to sound critical :o If I did in any way...though I may sound like a bit of a hypocrite as well. I stated my claim though.

Although the pool picture(s) are different to a certain degree...you didn't have to go into his room to see that...you just had to be minding your own business by the pool, and vwala, you see him right there. Same logic though, I can understand that.

I didn't take the pix. If I had, you'd see me on the bed humping his pillow :D
You know you shouldn't look at these (or feel bad for doing so) but you can't help yourself...peek thru your fingers if you have to. ;) I look at them and imagine him in each one, resting and relaxing. But I also see him 'alone' which is kind of sad, but hey, it's Morrissey so it's all good.

I didn't take the pix. If I had, you'd see me on the bed humping his pillow :D
You know you shouldn't look at these (or feel bad for doing so) but you can't help yourself...peek thru your fingers if you have to. ;) I look at them and imagine him in each one, resting and relaxing. But I also see him 'alone' which is kind of sad, but hey, it's Morrissey so it's all good.

:osorry.

:-D lol, I can imagine that! :p
And I know, it's true.

One more unsignificant item (I'm a wealth of useless information!)
As I was watching Top Chef last night, I remembered it... My drummer friend (mentioned in the post here about Matt Walker) also runs a video production company. Just prior to the Chicago Moz show, he did a video shoot with one of Chicago's 'newest' best chef's, Graham Elliott Bowles (30) who is the top chef at "Avenues" restaurant in the luxurious Peninsula Hotel here. He was named as one of the Food 8 -a wine magazine's list of best chefs-ANYWAY... my bud was so excited to meet him and at the end of the shoot they talked about their upcoming plans for the week... "Blair" mentioned he was going to see Morrissey and chef Bowles said "No way! I tried to get tickets, but couldn't! Morrissey is my favorite musician!!" Wow. He cooks AND has "good taste"! I'm always happy to hear about a fellow Suedehead.

Ok, I am tapped out of useless info. I know you are thankful for that :o)

One more unsignificant item (I'm a wealth of useless information!)
As I was watching Top Chef last night, I remembered it... My drummer friend (mentioned in the post here about Matt Walker) also runs a video production company. Just prior to the Chicago Moz show, he did a video shoot with one of Chicago's 'newest' best chef's, Graham Elliott Bowles (30) who is the top chef at "Avenues" restaurant in the luxurious Peninsula Hotel here. He was named as one of the Food 8 -a wine magazine's list of best chefs-ANYWAY... my bud was so excited to meet him and at the end of the shoot they talked about their upcoming plans for the week... "Blair" mentioned he was going to see Morrissey and chef Bowles said "No way! I tried to get tickets, but couldn't! Morrissey is my favorite musician!!" Wow. He cooks AND has "good taste"! I'm always happy to hear about a fellow Suedehead.

Ok, I am tapped out of useless info. I know you are thankful for that :o)

OK, he didn't try very hard... there were seats going unsold at the door, I paid for two sets and only used one myself. Unless you're talking about the Nov. show, I was freezing my arse off on the beach in FL that week and missed the show.

I know--that's what I thought. Second thought is 'how BIG of a fan are you if you're not chewing off your own arm to get tickets!?' Oh, and it was for the May show. Like I said. Useless Information :O)

You were there? Sweet! I went attempted to rush with the stage invaders at the end (The Chicago Rush) during Knee Someone and was 1 chair away from stage and security took me out by a massive bruise-inducing wedgie. and threats of being put in jail (here's me in some old dudes face FOR f***ING WHAT!!!!) but I would gladly spend time in the clink for a hug from Moz. Anyhoo--I will have to post my few pics that came out although the quality is nowhere near what you see on this site. But it's MY camera with the Mozzer germs on!

I know--that's what I thought. Second thought is 'how BIG of a fan are you if you're not chewing off your own arm to get tickets!?' Oh, and it was for the May show. Like I said. Useless Information :O)

You were there? Sweet! I went attempted to rush with the stage invaders at the end (The Chicago Rush) during Knee Someone and was 1 chair away from stage and security took me out by a massive bruise-inducing wedgie. and threats of being put in jail (here's me in some old dudes face FOR f***ING WHAT!!!!) but I would gladly spend time in the clink for a hug from Moz. Anyhoo--I will have to post my few pics that came out although the quality is nowhere near what you see on this site. But it's MY camera with the Mozzer germs on!

Yep- I remember the video that (Higbie?) posted on Youtube, and whoever it was panned over as you got thrown out house right- well if they'd panned up just slightly, I was just over your head in the second box. They were great seats, but I pissed off the guy with the seat behind mine because I couldn't stay in my seat, I had to dance... the only one in my box so moved.

I didn't know anything about the pit, or who Julia is. A week later, I was in Indy with my elbows on the stage, firmly addicted. And now look how far I've come... in three short months.

Wow, you mean my toss out may have been caught on video? I will have to surf for higbie's (sean?) video on the solo boards. Then I can relive the moment...that my body and pride were battered n' bruised!
Girl, you know I woulda grooved in the box with u! I thought the crowd was kinda lame. Altho my seats were good, I kept going back and forth to get a closer seat (when I'd see one become available) or to get a brief moment in the aisle when I could -all the time under the watchful evil eye of the security goons. They really had it in for me.
So, Chicago was your first show then Indy? ELBOWS on the stage?! Wow! You did it up, good on ya! I wish I had travelled to see him there too...but it's just too hard to be carefree and mobile with two kids.
I hope to see you in Chi-town on his next tour =o)

Back
Top Bottom