Twinkle passes away at age 66

Sad

The VERY posh Sixties pop starlet who said no to drugs... and to Mick Jagger: The extraordinary life of Twinkle, who was banned by the BBC at 16, fought over by the Stones and married the Milk Tray Man - The Daily Mail

• Pop starlet Lynn 'Twinkle' Ripley died this week aged 66 after cancer battle
  • She was banned from appearing on BBC following uproar about first single
  • Mick Jagger tried to steal her from Rolling Stones bandmate Brian Jones
  • She married and had two children with Graham Rogers, the Milk Tray Man

twinkle.jpg

Twinkle's "Golden Lights" was covered by The Smiths on the "Ask" b-side and her single "Terry" was listed #11 in Morrissey's "Singles To Be Cremated With" (more info on wiki).

Last edited by a moderator:
Clever girl who turned the awful Mick Jagger down and I only wish it was him not her. That man makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time his face or name turns up. When he dies I will open a bottle.

You got a point with the throwing up in one's mouth when you hear Mick Jagger. Not the biggest Jagger fan. But i know hes that sort of person who out live me even do i'm decades younger that him.

I find Mans Marshmallow very consoling tonight, hope your daddy shares that impression. ;)

Sooooooo, everyone knows that Lynn Ripley was a man, right?

She is perhaps THE MOST successful underground drag queen in history. England's best kept secret.

1965.-Twinkle-Lynn-Ripley-Salut-les-copains-p103.jpg

Get yer prostate checked, fellas!

Last edited:
The only lady to turn down Mick Jagger had a ding dong to hide. The ironic thing is he'd probably be totally INTO it and he knows how to keep a secret. :D

The only lady to turn down Mick Jagger had a ding dong to hide. The ironic thing is he'd probably be totally INTO it and he knows how to keep a secret. :D

She probably turned mick down because she was dating his band mate Brian Jones, who was an even bigger whore than Mick.

You're the greatest history revisionist in modern time. Keep avoiding reality cause it sucks.

Clever girl who turned the awful Mick Jagger down and I only wish it was him not her. That man makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time his face or name turns up. When he dies I will open a bottle.

i think you will be banned. in this place it is allowed to 'open a bottle' only for the person in its title:(. freedom of speech.

its barely a song sorta like oscillate wildly. it was poor since it had very little of moz in it

I both loved and hated the smiths cover of golden lights. Loved it because of the softness and glamour of the song and how you could here the longing and sadness in the song. I hated it because it was the song that broke the smiths camels back. I can't say that any of the Smiths covers or songs have been bad. They have all be masterpieces

I both loved and hated the smiths cover of golden lights. Loved it because of the softness and glamour of the song and how you could here the longing and sadness in the song. I hated it because it was the song that broke the smiths camels back. I can't say that any of the Smiths covers or songs have been bad. They have all be masterpieces

to me the song fails and the original fails as it just doesn't do anything to excite or interest me which I imagine is the point, the point for me at least. I mean its a b-side cover I guess so I don't really even care that much to criticize it really. it just is and I don't care about it. they have their own reasons for covering songs but they didn't do anything to make it more interesting to me

Jagger's contribution to music and contemporary culture is nothing short of monumental and will last well beyond you and I. There are so few of the truly great artists around - those who smash the status quo and push the envelope as The Stones did in the 60's and 70's. I recommend you have a good lie down if you're going to throw up. Better still, lie down first....

Jagger's contribution to music and contemporary culture is nothing short of monumental and will last well beyond you and I. There are so few of the truly great artists around - those who smash the status quo and push the envelope as The Stones did in the 60's and 70's. I recommend you have a good lie down if you're going to throw up. Better still, lie down first....

I absolutely despise the bloke and his "music" that he stole from black artists as we all know. An old man that chases children for sex is so sick and the use of drugs and drink is just fake but he is stuck in his teens and it is just pathetic.

With your comment I have decided to throw an open party for a week when Mick Jagger dies.

Twinkle's ghost is CRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYzeeeeee. :D I attribute her to my success last night. ;)

Back
Top Bottom