Tokyo - Toyosu Pit (Nov. 28, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @takumihurry

Last edited:

Pics by ka_zoo_69

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

It’s a pretty odd set list to promote as a celebration of the last forty years yet only perform four tracks that are from 1997 onwards. All of the remaining are Maladjusted era and before. Although normally we complain when there are too many new tracks, so let’s keep up traditions. I think we all just love it when a surprise track gets chucked in and we haven’t had one for aaaaaages.
Watch Alain Whyte live tonight. He surely has some good old 90s tearjerkers up his sleeve. It will be most enjoyable.

It’s a pretty odd set list to promote as a celebration of the last forty years yet only perform four tracks that are from 1997 onwards. All of the remaining are Maladjusted era and before. Although normally we complain when there are too many new tracks, so let’s keep up traditions. I think we all just love it when a surprise track gets chucked in and we haven’t had one for aaaaaages.

Agreed. I'd actually like to see a true "40 years of Morrissey" setlist... but it would require playing much longer shows than he does. Maybe we'll get a different song or two at the AU/NZ shows but the bulk will be this.

Moaning Myrtle’s Minimal Effort Tour!

No opening act and then he plays the same setlist since the dawn of time for about an hour and 15 minutes.

The whole “40 years of Moaning Myrtle thing” was just a sales gimmick.

Moaning Myrtle’s Minimal Effort Tour!

No opening act and then he plays the same setlist since the dawn of time for about an hour and 15 minutes.

The whole “40 years of Moaning Myrtle thing” was just a sales gimmick.
I wish he’d come moaning to me.

Any surprises in the setlist?
Only surprise is Moz and his girls actually showed up to Japan and they are still trying to play the same stale old songs and boring set.

Can't wait to get more videos of Alain and the lads... they sound amazing!

I can't help but think that other very similar setlists but in different order would be far more engaging.
For example the first five songs on night 1 of Dublin were HSIN, Suedehead, Stop Me, Irish Blood, Girlfriend In A Coma. I found that opening salvo to be just brilliant. Whereas the Tokyo setlist seems more stop/start. I wasn't there so maybe I have it all wrong.

Is that why one of the images above says "The following media includes potentially sensitive content"?
Toplessness, I think?

A smooth appearance in Tokyo. Plenty of footage to gauge the crowd reaction. Auguring well. Tosach maith leath na hoibre (a good start is half the job done!) 🎭 🏋️‍♀️ ✨

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom