Ticketmaster.sg: Singapore cancelled 'due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control'

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-04 at 11.22.05 AM.jpeg

[CANCELLED] Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore - ticketmaster.sg

Excerpt:

MORRISSEY: 40 YEARS OF MORRISEY IN SINGAPORE

CANCELLATION NOTICE

Due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control, we regret to announce that Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore slated for 9 November 2023 at The Star Theatre will no longer take place.

Fans who have purchased tickets will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster through the original mode of payment. It could take up to 40 business days for refunds to be processed. Please contact Ticketmaster via https://help.ticketmaster.sg or call +65 3158 8588 for further refund enquiries.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Related item:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear oh dear. Sad news to hear.

It could be any number of things, with so many people involved and so much to move and set up. But it's gotta be disappointing, for the musicians and staff. Also feeling sorry for those with tickets who were looking forward to a rapturous night out in Singapore. Do something else nice instead 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️ :dancers: :performingarts:

So sad for me, for us
So sad for the universe
So sad for me, for us
So sad for the universe

Dear oh dear. Sad news to hear.

It could be any number of things, with so many people involved and so much to move and set up. But it's gotta be disappointing, for the musicians and staff. Also feeling sorry for those with tickets who were looking forward to a rapturous night out in Singapore. Do something else nice instead 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️ :dancers: :performingarts:

So sad for me, for us
So sad for the universe
So sad for me, for us
So sad for the universe
Oh don’t be sad, honey! Rick Astley’s got a new album out!

Strange there was a full week's gap between Singapore (11/9) and the next show in Hong Kong (11/16). Could that play into it? Anyone know where Moz is now?

Whatever about the others, Carmen's performing in Bones UK for Sema Fest in Vegas this weekend.

Oh don’t be sad, honey! Rick Astley’s got a new album out!

:rofl:

But seriously though. It does suck. Especially
because he doesn’t often get out there, so I do feel sorry for those folks. I love the guy, but he should at least do a Central post addressing the situation. But, no. :(

:rofl:

But seriously though. It does suck. Especially
because he doesn’t often get out there, so I do feel sorry for those folks. I love the guy, but he should at least do a Central post addressing the situation. But, no. :(
I guess someone should fax him that “reasons beyond our control” is not an acceptable reason anymore, who knew!

My first cancelled gig was way back in spring '85 on the Meat is Murder tour.
Southend Cliffs Pavillion, the excuse?
Stage was too small and not safe 🤣.
We were already there when this was announced. Bummer.
Next one was the Roundhouse in 2008, so ive been relatively lucky considering some of the stories from people on here.
I was in London for the 2008 Roundhouse cancellation too; learned about it while ambling through Brompton Cemetry, on a dreaded sunny day...🪦⛅

Morrissey is such an asshole

Why?

Because he doesn’t use his BOOYAH MORRISSEY CENTRAL website to post a 1 line message about why the concert is canceled and doesn’t apologise to fans who have paid for tickets, travel arrangements and accomodation?

Why should he do that? Plenty of other bands do it and treat their fans well. Why should Morrissey be nice to his fans? He’s far too above using his website for anything, you know, useful.

Why?

Because he doesn’t use his BOOYAH MORRISSEY CENTRAL website to post a 1 line message about why the concert is canceled and doesn’t apologise to fans who have paid for tickets, travel arrangements and accomodation?

Why should he do that? Plenty of other bands do it and treat their fans well. Why should Morrissey be nice to his fans? He’s far too above using his website for anything, you know, useful.
Maybe he believes that if he explained, few would understand.

It wasn't their fault, but I see that all the haters have arrived!! They come with a slogan: hit Morrissey and get all your frustrations out
I'd better get out of here!! A lot of resentful!!!Rajemos !!!!
You're absolutely delusional, and you don't even know it. Every annoying post you make proves quite clearly that you lost your marbles some time ago.

Last edited:
His/Her imagination won’t be far wrong. Morrissey is a cockhorse. No respect for the apostles

He knew full well there was a a week between dates, lay the blame at the door of Knutson as much as one likes, it’s on Morrissey again.
As I said imagine whatever you like. What do want, a personally hand written note and a cup of tea to make you feel better? I doubt you have tickets for Singapore so what're you worried about?

I was in London for the 2008 Roundhouse cancellation too; learned about it while ambling through Brompton Cemetry, on a dreaded sunny day...🪦⛅
Horrible wasnt it, i had a feeling at the beginning of the week that it might happen, still got to see 2 nights there tho 👍

Back
Top Bottom