Digestive issues?

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
I remember reading in various places that Moz had some kind of operation when he was a baby and as a result, he had a very sensitive stomach and couldn’t eat anything which required his digestive system to work very hard. One thing I remember was an interview where one of the crew from the Viva Hate sessions (?) said they had a vegetarian chef who was tasked with making an interesting menu out of the very plain, pureed stuff that Morrissey would eat and that it was like a child’s diet. He never touched garlic, onions, chillies, spices etc and pretty much lived on yoghurt, toast, fruit and whatever these pureed vegetables were.

Moz told Dodwell: “I can’t eat anything that has any flavour. I’ve never had a curry, or coffee, or garlic.”

We know that later he developed GERD and Barratt’s oesophagus and I would wonder if this was linked to the earlier issues. It almost sounds like Crohn's disease or something along those lines - I just wondered if anyone could remember more about it?

I believe Elvis dying on the toilet was in part due to the chronic constipation he had from the galaxy of pharmaceuticals that bookended every day of his later life. Which, in partnership with his poor eating habits and weight gain, created significant strain on his heart.

yep, that should do it!

I believe Elvis dying on the toilet was in part due to the chronic constipation he had from the galaxy of pharmaceuticals that bookended every day of his later life. Which, in partnership with his poor eating habits and weight gain, created significant strain on his heart.

Thank you Doogie Howser, M.D.

I used to be able to eat anything, but have noticed as I have got older that more and more foods don’t agree with my digestive system.
Pork, full-fat milk, onions, tomatoes, white bread, greasy foods…

Should this not be in the epic banter thread? It looks like that has died the death / bit the dust / is no longer with us. I do hope I'm wrong.

I, too, suffer greatly from IBS. Raw onions, peas, undercooked lentils/beans, lactose, too much raw vegetables and overly fat foods are the stuff of nightmares for me and my bowels. I can feel a rumbling from just thinking about these abominations.

I read somewhere a few years ago that Elvis had intestines that were too long and that he needed an operation to make them the normal length. I don't know if it's true or not though.

I read somewhere a few years ago that Elvis had intestines that were too long and that he needed an operation to make them the normal length. I don't know if it's true or not though.

I read that he had something else that was too long too - Priscilla didn't mind, though

I thought it was all to do with an operation he had on his stomach when he was tiny, he used to display the scar, kind of common procedure in children but quite fatal if not dealt with.

I had sausages last night and have the shits now. Knew this would happen.

Back
Top Bottom