Ticketmaster.sg: Singapore cancelled 'due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control'

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-04 at 11.22.05 AM.jpeg

[CANCELLED] Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore - ticketmaster.sg

Excerpt:

MORRISSEY: 40 YEARS OF MORRISEY IN SINGAPORE

CANCELLATION NOTICE

Due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control, we regret to announce that Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore slated for 9 November 2023 at The Star Theatre will no longer take place.

Fans who have purchased tickets will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster through the original mode of payment. It could take up to 40 business days for refunds to be processed. Please contact Ticketmaster via https://help.ticketmaster.sg or call +65 3158 8588 for further refund enquiries.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Related item:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I am situated in a rural town, so any gig requires a hotel and train/bus tickets for me. It's a good job that the UK is a relatively small country. But this does make you seriously think about travelling anywhere to see him.

There was a time when I seriously thought about travelling abroad to see him, but that would be the perfect way to lose a few grand, it seems. Far too risky for anyone who has sensibly assessed the situation and extrapolated from the past cancellations.

I'll still be there on the next UK tour, but I guess you need to choose the cities you're going to wisely, so that you either have something else you can attend that night if it's canned or you enjoy the city enough to just spend time looking around it.

Imo, noone cancels this much for ill health, so there must be something else going on, and if the small possibility exists that he is ill this often then he probably shouldn't be touring.

Last edited:
If it is a mental health issue, he should just say so. People are much more forgiving of that these days.

On November 1 he posted a photo of gig posters on a HK street on Central. If that means he was there, then has he known about this since then?
do you think he puts these posters up himself,dearie me.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I am situated in a rural town, so any gig requires a hotel and train/bus tickets for me. It's a good job that the UK is a relatively small country. But this does make you seriously think about travelling anywhere to see him.

There was a time when I seriously thought about travelling abroad to see him, but that would be the perfect way to lose a few grand, it seems. Far too risky for anyone who has sensibly assessed the situation and extrapolated from the past cancellations.

I'll still be there on the next UK tour, but I guess you need to choose the cities you're going to wisely, so that you either have something else you can attend that night if it's canned or you enjoy the city enough to just spend time looking around it.

Imo, noone cancels this much for ill health, so there must be something else going on, and if the small possibility exists that he is ill this often then he probably shouldn't be touring.
If I was new to gig-going, and still admired him as much as I once did, I’d keep booking flights and hotels. “It won’t happen to me!” And it didn’t, for years.
I’ve been to Stavanger, Manchester, London, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Leeds (f***ing hell), Dublin, Belfast, Rome, Paris, somewhere in Germany.… all over the place. Spent a fortune. All worth it.
But cancelling Nottingham while I was on the train down and a couple of voddies into a bottle was the final straw for me. I’m not paying extortionate travel/hotel fees just to see the same old shit I can watch on YouTube anymore.
But others will, so he’ll keep getting away with it and will keep on cancelling.

He’s obviously not up to touring anymore, so stop wasting the time, money and good will of the few fans he has left.
Also, the tour manager is not to blame. He might be a prick, but at the very least, he does run these places/dates by Morrissey and he agrees to them.

It would take 10 seconds for M to write a quick personal message to the fans. It’s basic manners ... he does not help himself.

I hope the rude people from Los Angeles - you know who you are because you are seemingly at every show - got cancelled on. Most of these folks are lovely and nice but a minority of them are intimidating and rude...especially to new fans. I had to tell several people in the front row in Nashville (at my 40th Moz show, been going since 1991) "don't let these people push you around." The rude Angelenos always try to cheese their way into the front which may be fine at General Admission shows but not when they are standing right in front of someone's seat, someone who paid a premium for front row. I hope you rude ones are wandering around Singapore with holes in your pockets wondering what the hell happened. Viva Morrissey!!!

"[Their] head(s) should be spinning
Ah, but no!"

If I was new to gig-going, and still admired him as much as I once did, I’d keep booking flights and hotels. “It won’t happen to me!” And it didn’t, for years.
I’ve been to Stavanger, Manchester, London, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Leeds (f***ing hell), Dublin, Belfast, Rome, Paris, somewhere in Germany.… all over the place. Spent a fortune. All worth it.
But cancelling Nottingham while I was on the train down and a couple of voddies into a bottle was the final straw for me. I’m not paying extortionate travel/hotel fees just to see the same old shit I can watch on YouTube anymore.
But others will, so he’ll keep getting away with it and will keep on cancelling.

He’s obviously not up to touring anymore, so stop wasting the time, money and good will of the few fans he has left.
Also, the tour manager is not to blame. He might be a prick, but at the very least, he does run these places/dates by Morrissey and he agrees to them.

The Nottingham one really pissed me off too as I only bought the ticket on the Wednesday before the gig.

Will I ever get to see him live, I selfishly say. It is such a shame that the only person who tried to introduce me to the Smith's music wasn't a good advert, which is probably the biggest understatement I have ever made!

I hope the rude people from Los Angeles - you know who you are because you are seemingly at every show - got cancelled on. Most of these folks are lovely and nice but a minority of them are intimidating and rude...especially to new fans. I had to tell several people in the front row in Nashville (at my 40th Moz show, been going since 1991) "don't let these people push you around." The rude Angelenos always try to cheese their way into the front which may be fine at General Admission shows but not when they are standing right in front of someone's seat, someone who paid a premium for front row. I hope you rude ones are wandering around Singapore with holes in your pockets wondering what the hell happened. Viva Morrissey!!!

"[Their] head(s) should be spinning
Ah, but no!"
Almost as bad as their behavior during shows is that they are rude in conversation…

Enjoy that fantastic city, it's a delight. You haven't missed anything, watch the Moz show on the Web, would have been the same as any of the previous 25 shows
I think it's common knowledge nowadays to never travel far for a Morrissey show. Cancellations are standard procedure for every tour.

The Nottingham one really pissed me off too as I only bought the ticket on the Wednesday before the gig.
Imagine the feelings of those of us who bought tickets months in advance, bought train tickets, booked hotel rooms etc etc. Then to find out while on the way there that it wasn’t happening.
Even a bullshit excuse would be preferable.. but no excuse/reason? f*** off.

do you think he puts these posters up himseld,dearie me.
You need to learn to read. I didn't say anything about him putting posters up himself. You just conjured that up from nowhere. Obviously he doesn't, but he regularly has Sam taking photos of them wherever he is.

So in the last 12 months we’ve had him storming off stage after 6 songs. Cancelling a number of gigs thereafter. Cancelling Nottingham on the day, and Mexico less than 24 hours before. It’s also confirmed he left Mexico midweek, so could have informed peeps earlier and then cancelled the Latin dates the following day, while he was relaxing back in Hell.A. And now this. But we’ll have the usual apologists who write their attention seeking blogs making the excuses and apologies for his appalling behaviour. Let’s be honest here, who would tolerate his behaviour if he was a friend, relative, employee and so on? No one. Not a one of the apologists.
But those who always make the excuses on his behalf are never affected financially by these cancellations.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom