"This Charming Morrissey – Gay Iconography" - Towleroad

This story was published earlier this month on Towleroad, a well-known gay news site.

I thought it would have made it to the front page by now.

This Charming Morrissey – Gay Iconography - Towleroad
by Bobby Hankinson
July 4, 2016 | 1:53pm

Excerpt:

There are certain commonalities shared across many of the big gay icons that come to mind. Our pop divas — like Gaga, Madonna and Cher, for example — thrive on over-the-top costuming and spectacle. Sex, excess and escapism are part of the appeal.

On the other end of the spectrum: Morrissey...

Last edited by a moderator:
'What you do in your private life is your buieness, what morrissey does in his is his, what we all do in ours is ours.'

Not so. My private life is private because I'm not a public figure. Yet. Once anyone steps on stage and appropriates Queer Culture without actually being open and honest about whether they are a f***** feeds the vile Biphobic erasure & hatred that idiots like Christopher Biggins did before he got his arse kicked out of Celebrity Big Brother. He should be thrown of a high building for his Gay Cult Fascist Hegemony nonsense. Not actually but metaphorically thrown. Wait! He has been throw to the wolves.

There's a long troubling lineage of str8 men appropriating Queer Culture for 'radical chic'. Bowie did it but he, unlike Morrissey, didn't just do it to appear 'outrageous'. He said he was gay, walked around with his wife in a dress pushing their baby in a pram, then said he was Bisexual, then met Iman and said "I'm actually a str8 man and have been all along". Ditto Jagger although they both allegedly f***ed the arses off each other with Angie taking Polaroids: "first rule of the party, no pictures at the party".

Then Morrissey tried his 'closer to a monastery than a gay sauna' remix of Alan Bennett and it was fun at the outset until everyone realised he was just another f***ed up Catholic closet case but more scared of his Mom and Dad hearing Kristeen Young call him an expert cocksucker in front of them on stage than in calmly saying "So what, what's it to you big nose?" He is clearly more scared of his Mother than his Catechism. I was like that. At 11 but some of us moved on, although the best sex I've ever had has been with a variety of priest gangbangers. Bowie finally realised where the party action was in his video for 'The Next Day' but Bowie had been studying BB here and elsewhere for decades.....as you will all realise in years to come. Bowie sent BB here to destroy Morrissey. Mission accomplished.

ps: BB is a f***** cocksucker and proud of it. he also gives out the best cunnilingus on the planet. KY would approve.

regards
BB
Kobenhaven

Broadmoor is looking for an escaped patient.

'What you do in your private life is your buieness, what morrissey does in his is his, what we all do in ours is ours.'

Not so. My private life is private because I'm not a public figure. Yet. Once anyone steps on stage and appropriates Queer Culture without actually being open and honest about whether they are a f***** feeds the vile Biphobic erasure & hatred that idiots like Christopher Biggins did before he got his arse kicked out of Celebrity Big Brother. He should be thrown of a high building for his Gay Cult Fascist Hegemony nonsense. Not actually but metaphorically thrown. Wait! He has been throw to the wolves.

There's a long troubling lineage of str8 men appropriating Queer Culture for 'radical chic'. Bowie did it but he, unlike Morrissey, didn't just do it to appear 'outrageous'. He said he was gay, walked around with his wife in a dress pushing their baby in a pram, then said he was Bisexual, then met Iman and said "I'm actually a str8 man and have been all along". Ditto Jagger although they both allegedly f***ed the arses off each other with Angie taking Polaroids: "first rule of the party, no pictures at the party".

Then Morrissey tried his 'closer to a monastery than a gay sauna' remix of Alan Bennett and it was fun at the outset until everyone realised he was just another f***ed up Catholic closet case but more scared of his Mom and Dad hearing Kristeen Young call him an expert cocksucker in front of them on stage than in calmly saying "So what, what's it to you big nose?" He is clearly more scared of his Mother than his Catechism. I was like that. At 11 but some of us moved on, although the best sex I've ever had has been with a variety of priest gangbangers. Bowie finally realised where the party action was in his video for 'The Next Day' but Bowie had been studying BB here and elsewhere for decades.....as you will all realise in years to come. Bowie sent BB here to destroy Morrissey. Mission accomplished.

ps: BB is a f***** cocksucker and proud of it. he also gives out the best cunnilingus on the planet. KY would approve.

regards
BB
Kobenhaven
annnnnnndddd nobody cares

if you think about it, the idea that 'a good lay' is from a poem is much more gayer than it would be if it were from 'getting laid'.
very much super gayer.

annnnnnndddd nobody cares

Well said!
Its took us 25 pages , 491 posts and 18,312 views 2 finally reach this conclusion, (and many of us have tried along the way!)
Id imagine were just about finished with this topic........well I am anyways! ;)

Again?

You've been finished with this topic more often than I've had hot dinners.

We cant have people going around a public forum spreading unfounded roumers, now can we ?

And yet still they do!

Im finished with this topic FINALLY!

Not my finest hour! :(

Im off now 2 have sum organic tomatoes and cucumber, accompanied with few chips and a nice cuppa green tea!
:)

Last edited:
seems there are still people who do not listen and don't want to listen even though this topic has been answered in other threads and by morrissey himself in the most competent and informative way.
"lay" is not FROM a poem, it's A poem, and a beautiful one too, as we now all know.
here are some facts and my thanks go to the kind person who mentioned it in the other thread:
lay is a poetic form which first was invented in the 12th century in france. each line has four to eight syllables (and now check whether the song we are talking about also does.)
a beautiful example by lucy maud montgomery:

To My Enemy
Let those who will of friendship sing,
And to its guerdon grateful be,
But I a lyric garland bring
To crown thee, O, mine enemy!

Thanks, endless thanks, to thee I owe
For that my lifelong journey through
Thine honest hate has done for me
What love perchance had failed to do.

I had not scaled such weary heights
But that I held thy scorn in fear,
And never keenest lure might match
The subtle goading of thy sneer.

Thine anger struck from me a fire
That purged all dull content away,
Our mortal strife to me has been
Unflagging spur from day to day.

And thus, while all the world may laud
The gifts of love and loyalty,
I lay my meed of gratitude
Before thy feet, mine enemy!

More inspiration can be found here: http://www.poetrysoup.com/famous/poems/lay

Loverly poetry, Im aware of this author and poet, I may try and follow up there work and novels, pretty sure there available on audio book!
Ive actually wrote a novel myself, its quite good! :)

Loverly poetry, Im aware of this author and poet, I may try and follow up there work and novels, pretty sure there available on audio book!
Ive actually wrote a novel myself, its quite good! :)

Yes, she was canadian. I've read Ann of Green Gables books series when I was a child with a handkerchief in my hand :cry: Netflix will release a show soon. Rifke is from Canada, she must know better about her.

seems there are still people who do not listen and don't want to listen even though this topic has been answered in other threads and by morrissey himself in the most competent and informative way.
"lay" is not FROM a poem, it's A poem, and a beautiful one too, as we now all know.
here are some facts and my thanks go to the kind person who mentioned it in the other thread:
lay is a poetic form which first was invented in the 12th century in france. each line has four to eight syllables (and now check whether the song we are talking about also does.)
a beautiful example by lucy maud montgomery:

To My Enemy
Let those who will of friendship sing,
And to its guerdon grateful be,
But I a lyric garland bring
To crown thee, O, mine enemy!

Thanks, endless thanks, to thee I owe
For that my lifelong journey through
Thine honest hate has done for me
What love perchance had failed to do.

I had not scaled such weary heights
But that I held thy scorn in fear,
And never keenest lure might match
The subtle goading of thy sneer.

Thine anger struck from me a fire
That purged all dull content away,
Our mortal strife to me has been
Unflagging spur from day to day.

And thus, while all the world may laud
The gifts of love and loyalty,
I lay my meed of gratitude
Before thy feet, mine enemy!

More inspiration can be found here: http://www.poetrysoup.com/famous/poems/lay

geez, thats even GAYER than if it were from a poem. in the song he gives his suedehead a beautiful 12 century french poem. gay meter would explode.

ha ! :lbf: bb is the black hole here. sucking up all the good vibes. can't be helped.

Ketamine Sun....more like Black Hole Sun :eek:

Intellect must be lost on you. If you want"Good Vibes" listen to The Beach Boys. And you forgot to put an "I" in front of your last sentence. :crazy:

:rofl: run out of milk and cookies ? Why don't you and bb go take a powder and leave us alone.

"Leave US alone"...hmmmm...Please direct me to where on this site you were elected spokesperson for this collective "us."

From your posts you seem to have a messiah complex. You may be your own personal Jesus, but that's about it little miss sunshine. :cool:

Yes, she was canadian. I've read Ann of Green Gables books series when I was a child with a handkerchief in my hand :cry: Netflix will release a show soon. Rifke is from Canada, she must know better about her.

Thanks for the info, just checked my audio books apts on my tablet, and anne of green cable ect is avialable on those 2 stream or download, I will have a listen 2 each one 2 see which narraters voice I prefer and "have a go"

Yea rifke is a poet herself, she did post a poem about morrissey online and posted a link , speacking in her own voice, its was wonderfull ! not sure if its still there or not or if she took it down.

But I highly recommend oscar wilde, hes an absolutely wonderful playwrite, poet and auther, well he only penned one full novel, but his short storeys/plays are simply wonderful, full of magical wit, charm and dry humor ect, and of course, theres allways a moral inspirational "teaching" of great importance at the endings!

Ive got the lot on my tablet!!!! :)

Thanks for the info, just checked my audio books apts on my tablet, and anne of green cable ect is avialable on those 2 stream or download, I will have a listen 2 each one 2 see which narraters voice I prefer and "have a go"

Yea rifke is a poet herself, she did post a poem about morrissey online and posted a link , speacking in her own voice, its was wonderfull ! not sure if its still there or not or if she took it down.

But I highly recommend oscar wilde, hes an absolutely wonderful playwrite, poet and auther, well he only penned one full novel, but his short storeys/plays are simply wonderful, full of magical wit, charm and dry humor ect, and of course, theres allways a moral inspirational "teaching" of great importance at the endings!

Ive got the lot on my tablet!!!! :)
Tell me something. People who read a lot USUALLY are pretty good at spelling. What happened to you?

Tell me something. People who read a lot USUALLY are pretty good at spelling. What happened to you?

I dont normally read very often anymore, I listen instead.

So why should I possibly learn 2 punctuate and spell "correctly " ?

And its good enough anyways, if you dont like and or disaprove, read elsewere..... there must be somebody else who can take your gaze away !

Theres often more ways 2 express ones emotions and feelings ect .....than the written word alone!

Primal scream therapy
Art therapy
Yoga and tia chi
ect ect ect ...

One on one counsilling and regression into your past demons and fears and terrible unjust experineces you feel, that are berried deep within and that need may need carefully unearthed with empathy, compssion undesrstanding ect 2 help free you from your suffering and pain.

You cant be truley free untill you let go and live in the present... if thats what you want.

The list goes on.........................

Yoga and spelling aren't mutually exclusive.

Proper spelling is nice. It's courteous. Putting an effort into your posts is nice. It shows you have a little regard for other posters. It shouldn't be up to the reader to decipher other posters' ramblings.

I'm so tired of you illiterate morons who wear your stupididy and laziness as a badge of honour.

Last edited:
So hard to decide whether this is more Troll, Redundant, or Off-Topic. You promised to quit responding to me. Did you "forsee" that you wouldn't be able to resist? If money has no value can I have some of yours? PM me your paypal email if you're serious.

I never "promised anything" when I make a promise I keep it.
I said I was finished with this topic and wouldent post again In its currant form nor about the subject matter in hand , which ive done , but im free 2 come and go as I please, as we all are.
Money has no value whatsoever within the true meaning of life but only as imposed by society, belief in some one is all that really matters !
No you cant have my pay pal details I need them myself!

Yoga and spelling aren't mutually exclusive.

Proper spelling is nice. It's courteous. Putting an effort into your posts is nice. It shows you have a little regard for other posters. It shouldn't be up to the reader to decipher other posters' ramblings.

I'm so tired of you illiterate morons who wear your stupididy and laziness as a badge of honour.
She used berry for bury and currant for current. It's either some kind of code or else maybe a recipe.

I dont normally read very often anymore, I listen instead.

So why should I possibly learn 2 punctuate and spell "correctly " ?

And its good enough anyways, if you dont like and or disaprove, read elsewere..... there must be somebody else who can take your gaze away !

Theres often more ways 2 express ones emotions and feelings ect .....than the written word alone!

Primal scream therapy
Art therapy
Yoga and tia chi
ect ect ect ...

One on one counsilling and regression into your past demons and fears and terrible unjust experineces you feel, that are berried deep within and that need may need carefully unearthed with empathy, compssion undesrstanding ect 2 help free you from your suffering and pain.

You cant be truley free untill you let go and live in the present... if thats what you want.

The list goes on.........................

I enjoy your creative spelling. It's not laziness, it's one step beyond spelling and you have to know how to spell perfectly to do that. Please, keep swimming against the "currant". Eventually, they will understand.
Primal scream therapy! That's something to give a try :eek:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom