The Daily Wire

Yeah? Hmmm. :(

My childhood was pretty wholesome like that, there was even a lab in the picture. Although, even though I say that, there was always an undercurrent of something being wrong, my parents were too young, too inexperienced, too emotional, there was their nasty divorce, my dad's jackassery and narcissism, etc

Nicky sets impossible standards when it comes to wholesomeness and having a charmed life. Wholesomeness can have its downside too. I think richey's sister said that his issues stemmed from his childhood having been too good and not being able to adjust to adult life.

Yeah, right after I wrote that I thought of someone - lets just call him Dougal for the sake of simplicity - who had a happy, wholesome upbringing that I'm often jealous of, but who isn't at all well-equipped to deal with adversity. He is strong and confident when things go well but when they're not he is helpless and lost. I'm more resilient although I appear weaker.

Anyway, yes, Nicky seems to have a very blessed life. James and Nicky stayed sane throughout it all.

Did you have a lab when you were little or was that your grandma? I remember you saying your grandma had a lab... I miss my beloved doggo so much 🖤 I've been looking around shelters to adopt a dog, but I didn't connect with any of them. There were some sweet doggos but no labs. I think I need the happiness and silliness of a labrador in my life!

Last edited:
Yeah, right after I wrote that I thought of someone - lets just call him Dougal for the sake of simplicity - who had a happy, wholesome upbringing that I'm often jealous of, but who isn't at all well-equipped to deal with adversary. He is strong and confident when things go well but when they're not he is helpless and lost. I'm more resilient although I appear weaker.

Anyway, yes, Nicky seems to have a very blessed life. James and Nicky stayed sane throughout it all.

Did you have a lab when you were little or was that your grandma? I remember you saying your grandma had a lab... I miss my beloved doggo so much 🖤 I've been looking around shelters to adopt a dog, but I didn't connect with any of them. There were some sweet doggos but no labs. I think I need the happiness and silliness of a labrador in my life!
Everyone needs a lab in their life!!

Yes my grandma had the lab but she said he was my dog too and we had a special bond because I gave him the longest, best belly rubs!!

Can I post this here?

Probably one of my favourite Manics songs.

The part where JDB starts to sing!!!

Oh, he was born in January, too?

All the best ones are! :sunglasses:
January AND December, bun bun!! In December we've got neil, richey, Jesus, and yours truly! :sunglasses:in January, we've got Klaus, David and nicky. There was someone else, but I can't remember now.... who was it....

Just kidding! Yours is on the 22nd, right? Or did it already pass and i missed it?! :eek:

Last edited:
January AND December, bun bun!! In December we've got neil, richey, Jesus, and yours truly! :sunglasses:in January, we've got Klaus, David and nicky. There was someone else, but I can't remember now.... who was it....

Just kidding! Yours is on the 22nd, right? Or did it already pass and i missed it?! :eek:
I'm December too. Thankfully well before Xmas so no one can try to roll a birthday present and xmas present into one. That's a sure way to piss off a Sagittarian. And you don't want to do that. :lbf:

Mozart and Betty White were born in January, too!!!

No, mine isn't on the 22nd. Birthdays make me depressed these days anyway. I told my mother that I didn't want to celebrate and she said "oh, but you should celebrate the fact that you're still alive" :lbf::lbf::lbf:

I'm December too. Thankfully well before Xmas so no one can try to roll a birthday present and xmas present into one. That's a sure way to piss off a Sagittarian. And you don't want to do that. :lbf:

It's the same when you're early January, you never get any good presents because you already got everything for Christmas. :(

Although I did drop several hints that I would really like a Burberry large check scarf.

It's the same when you're early January, you never get any good presents because you already got everything for Christmas. :(

Although I did drop several hints that I would really like a Burberry large check scarf.
I never had a problem with having my birthday close to Christmas. I can't conceive of having a summer birthday. that would just be weird.

I hope you get your Burberry scarf. If not, you have my permission to buy it for yourself, bun bun. And buy Björn a matching bear sized one while you're at it! :rock:

Back
Top Bottom