The Canada boycott is unreasonable!

> I'm just astounded that all the fans (or I guess ex-fans) are not doing
> something about it and taking a stance towards the people behind the
> killing instead of bashing Moz over his beliefs. This isn't the first time
> he has done something like this. It's just on a larger scale this time.
> Didn't he cancel a show a few years back when he found out the venue used
> to have something to do with the slaughter of animals? I forget the
> details.

Yeah, you're right... he didn't play the "Schlachthof" (=slaughterhouse) in Hamburg/Germany. I still think that was a good thing to do. And I'm really not trying to bash him over his beliefs, but not playing Canada in the first place and afterwards PRETENDING you're not doing it for some reason (I'm not saying it's pointless if it was intended) is just silly. It's got nothing to do with beliefs, that's the point.

> If people don't want to listen to what he has to say, I'd suggest they
> don't buy the records. I'm not singling you out. To me it is obvious that
> he needs to tell some people that it's not right to club seals because it
> is still happening. I applaud him for having the integrity to stand up for
> it. If he so chose to not tour the US due to the cruelty of the cattle
> industry, I'd be sad to not see his shows here but I'd support him just
> the same to sticking to his beliefs. I'd surely be more upset with the
> cattle industry than I would Morrissey.

I want to listen to him! But not this time. Not when he just comes up with the seal-thing to explain why he spares Canada for some reason only he knows. Hope you got my point. And after all I've got to admit that I haven't heard of what's happening in Canada so even if I'm pissed right now this wonderf***ing Morrissey got me thinking I'm afraid. So finally I listened.

Re: Oh my... Did he really just say gas-chambers?

> Burn you albums Canadians, to hell with him.

> Support people who care about us...

> ALSO - do NOT under any any any circumstances buy his albums, download it
> download it and send to your friends...do not line this hypocrites
> pockets!

> I saw his mansion in Hollywood...he is not the rebel he wants to you think
> he is - he is a rich, money grubbing bastard

Let me preface this by saying that I havent really been a Morrissey fan for a about 5 or 6 years now, although when I was Morrissey could do no wrong.

This boycott is ONLY about Morrissey's ego and his contrived attempt to add to his world wide "image" of the WORLDS MOST SENSITIVE MAN. As if to say he is the only person who cares about crazy notions like women's rights, animal testing etc.
As someone else mentioned, it really makes no real sense to not tour Canada since it is highly unlikely that his fans share the views of Stephen Harper not to mention that he would serve his alleged cause better within Canada protesting the hunt from the top of a stage, not making disgusting ego stroking proclamations to the NME.

As a Canadian I am in shock. We all know that Morrissey can be hypocritical sometimes, often inconsistent and doesn't always get his facts straight. These have been some of his most endearing qualities. But I'm pretty pissed off right now. He's wrong in so many ways, all I can do is just shake my head. I was really looking forward to the new record, but how can I enjoy it now?

You fools

Most of you simply demonstrate here why the world is such a pigsty. Not only do you not stand up and fight what is wrong, but you do your best to drag down He who would stand up to fight in place of your lazy asses. You all talk so intelligently, you play with words to so arrange the pieces in whichever way that suits your position, but you do not get the simplicity of things: something is wrong and so we must fight! This is Morrissey's small way of contributing to the cause and I for one--a Canadian in Canada--support him wholeheartedly. You foolish buggers make me sick sometimes. Selfish Pee brains! The world plummets!

> As a Canadian I am in shock. We all know that Morrissey can be
> hypocritical sometimes, often inconsistent and doesn't always get his
> facts straight. These have been some of his most endearing qualities. But
> I'm pretty pissed off right now. He's wrong in so many ways, all I can do
> is just shake my head. I was really looking forward to the new record, but
> how can I enjoy it now?

Boycott his new album. Download it instead. He obviously doesn't need our money anyway.

Re: You fools

> Most of you simply demonstrate here why the world is such a pigsty. Not
> only do you not stand up and fight what is wrong, but you do your best to
> drag down He who would stand up to fight in place of your lazy asses. You
> all talk so intelligently, you play with words to so arrange the pieces in
> whichever way that suits your position, but you do not get the simplicity
> of things: something is wrong and so we must fight! This is Morrissey's
> small way of contributing to the cause and I for one--a Canadian in
> Canada--support him wholeheartedly. You foolish buggers make me sick
> sometimes. Selfish Pee brains! The world plummets!

In complete agreement with you, Sanest.

Some people can't see past their own lazy, selfish needs.

Let him do this, most people have never even heard of him. i mean good job standing up for what you believe in, even though i support the regulated hunt for seals. Why should one species be put on such a high place about all others? Has he ever been to a slaughter house? I can tell you with %100 cetainty that a good number of those animals do suffer when they die, why not boycott every country with a slaughter house? This bullsh-t happens every year with a new celeb, usualy washed up, has to make a big scene, some in tune with a big promotional event in their career. The fact is, there are Millions of seals on the east coast, the highest numbers recorded in many years, the hunt IS regulated, MOST of the seals are killed instantly, but the world has to focus on the smallpercentage of bad photos taken by biased animal rights groups.
So stop bashing Canada as a whole here as well, it is just as stupid as all the ignorant bastards who just HAVE to take their shots at the USA all the time.

> In complete agreement with you, Sanest.

> Some people can't see past their own lazy, selfish needs.

So that's what we as fans need to do to be deserving of his music is it?! Champion his causes for him because he's unwilling to do anything about it himself except cancelling concerts for, and in turn alienating, the very people who could create this change.

Do you all realize how foolish this sounds? If he REALLY wanted to affect change he'd be doing what others have already said...HOLD the concerts and SPARK THE FIRE that will promote the change he's looking for. I give Bono respect because he's at least trying to do just that for what he believes in. He understands what it takes...and what his role can be.

But no...Morrissey is going to punish his fans and nothing...I repeat NOTHING will happen to stop the slaughter because of this action. If he thinks his fans are responsible he's projecting his anger and frustration in the wrong direction...but if he realizes that it's the government who regulates this horrible act then why is he holding his fans accountable?

Is it our responsibility as members of the general population to stop our lives and get on a boat and head out to the front lines with signs in hand so that Morrissey will play his music for us...OR...is it his responsibility as a person with much greater influence than us to stop criticizing and start trying to create change if that's what he really wants?!

I, along with most other canadians and probably 100% of Morrissey's Canadian fan base, do not agree with the seal "culling" that happens in this country and we vote and protest accordingly...what does he want from us?! Pick up a gun so that he'll feel like we're doing the right thing then he'll bless us with his music?

> I'm just astounded that all the fans (or I guess ex-fans) are not doing
> something about it and taking a stance towards the people behind the
> killing instead of bashing Moz over his beliefs. This isn't the first time
> he has done something like this. It's just on a larger scale this time.
> Didn't he cancel a show a few years back when he found out the venue used
> to have something to do with the slaughter of animals? I forget the
> details.

> If people don't want to listen to what he has to say, I'd suggest they
> don't buy the records. I'm not singling you out. To me it is obvious that
> he needs to tell some people that it's not right to club seals because it
> is still happening. I applaud him for having the integrity to stand up for
> it. If he so chose to not tour the US due to the cruelty of the cattle
> industry, I'd be sad to not see his shows here but I'd support him just
> the same to sticking to his beliefs. I'd surely be more upset with the
> cattle industry than I would Morrissey.

Who's going to look after the inuit and east coasters whose lives are dependent on the yearly hunt? Is someone going to compensate them for their financial losses?????? As far as I know, especially in the higher latitudes in which these hunts occur...you cant raise cattle. Do you you know of any arctic cattle?

And by the way...they are not "baby" seals. Morrissey you are making me sad...come back!

The Canada boycott is Reasonable!!!

canadians have to grow up

> I'm not Canadian but... I don't see what good boycotting the Canadian tour
> would do. I know Morrissey said that just by him not touring there wasn't
> gonna make the government get down on their knees, but I don't see why the
> fans should be punished when the chances are none of them are involved in
> the seal slaying, and when they probably more than likely agree with
> Morrissey. What he would be better doing would be to play the concerts,
> speak out to the audience/press, and try to get support that way. It's
> gonna happen anyway regardless. By not playing the concerts it's not the
> government he's punishing, it's the poor Canadian fans. I really feel for
> you, guys

Where was Morrissey the last twenty years on this issue?Why didn`t he boycott Canada before? I think this is just your usual knee jerk reactions to an issue he knows little about other than the information he`s been getting from Paul McCartney.Canadian fans of Morrissey should see this as a slap in the face from him.Your against the war in Iraq so why not boycott the United States Mr Morrissey? Teach the Americans a lesson by not touring.Of course you won`t do that will you? The seal hunt in Canada has been going on for over 5oo years.I gues this is the year that it`s in vogue to bash the Canadians.I`m sure Mr Morrissey will be recruiting Bob Geldof any day now.I won`t hold my breath waiting for Mr Morrissey to change his mind.(he`s only hurting his Canadian fans anyways.)P.S.Does anyone know if A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS is touring?

> Most of you simply demonstrate here why the world is such a pigsty. Not
> only do you not stand up and fight what is wrong, but you do your best to
> drag down He who would stand up to fight in place of your lazy asses. You
> all talk so intelligently, you play with words to so arrange the pieces in
> whichever way that suits your position, but you do not get the simplicity
> of things: something is wrong and so we must fight! This is Morrissey's
> small way of contributing to the cause and I for one--a Canadian in
> Canada--support him wholeheartedly. You foolish buggers make me sick
> sometimes. Selfish Pee brains! The world plummets!

the best part is that morrissey is bullshitting you. He even admitts his act of demonstration will be futile! But, in any event he will go ahead with the *only* (insert stupidity) method he knows of. As if he is totally unaware of any other methods. He is doing what is most convenient. What about him?
what the f*** has he done? Donated some money?
PETA ads?
give me a rest with it. He is just a mouthpiece, and an elitist also

I think he means well, but honestly does he really need an excuse not to play Canada (or anywhere)?

yawn another troll canadian

when they bring up the United States and iraq war you know they don't know anything about morrissey. if it's not animal rights he is not going to take action on it.

you guys really are jealous of the United States....no reason to...the United States sucks ass. trust me, i live there, i should know.

> Where was Morrissey the last twenty years on this issue?Why didn`t he
> boycott Canada before? I think this is just your usual knee jerk reactions
> to an issue he knows little about other than the information he`s been
> getting from Paul McCartney.Canadian fans of Morrissey should see this as
> a slap in the face from him.Your against the war in Iraq so why not
> boycott the United States Mr Morrissey? Teach the Americans a lesson by
> not touring.Of course you won`t do that will you? The seal hunt in Canada
> has been going on for over 5oo years.I gues this is the year that it`s in
> vogue to bash the Canadians.I`m sure Mr Morrissey will be recruiting Bob
> Geldof any day now.I won`t hold my breath waiting for Mr Morrissey to
> change his mind.(he`s only hurting his Canadian fans anyways.)P.S.Does
> anyone know if A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS is touring?

Seal issue aside, why is Canada such a thorn in Morrisseys side? Why wouldnt he play Canada? He sold more albums in Canada alone as a solo artist than in any two random States.

As a Canadian, I am deeply ashamed of this vicious act against the seals. Its cruel and unnecessary. But then again, "Humans" have always determined what is worth living and what is not? Watch CNN.

I wish he would get over himself...maybe call his good friend Bono for some advise on how to have a voice and not annoy the hell out of your fans.

Back
Top Bottom