Sweet Jesus - look at this video!

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Firstly - apologies if this has been posted before, I haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0cg35aWKSI

Several things go through my mind...

1) Phill - you were beaten to it!

2) Who's the little kid? Where is he now?

3) Graffiti!!!

4) Is that the S&G at the end? Who's in the band?

5) Is anyone from this board on that clip?

6) Who is Elliot?

Peter

Last edited:
That was really good to say it was on The Word, as I recall I had to stop watching that programme because people kept doing vile things to their testicles, but I digress....

It nearly made me cry because I wished I'd been there so much but I actually gave birth during the summer of 1990 (it was a hot one as I remember)

However, I must say that little Chesney from Coronation Street did have a point about those obsessed fans scrbbling their graffitti all over his street. Poor lad, (social services should have been involved long ago in my opinion!)

Firstly - apologies if this has been posted before, I haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0cg35aWKSI

Several things go through my mind...

1) Phill - you were beaten to it!

2) Who's the little kid? Where is he now?

3) Graffiti!!!

4) Is that the S&G at the end? Who's in the band?

5) Is anyone from this board on that clip?

6) Who is Elliot?

Peter

Peter
I still have it on video from when it was on Granada Reports (I think)
Yes, I was beaten to it!
Elliot runs the LA Conventions. He is also featured in 'Hulmerist' outside the venue and gets to speak on the fans clips. He has far less hair these days (as we all do!)
The venue was Manchester Uni Students Union building. It was the Steve Biko Building at the time - now known as The Academy 2, opposite The Holy Name Church.
They put on a few bands - you just had to be a band influenced by The Smiths and you got on!
In fact Peter, if you read the excellent book 'Morrissey's Manchester', it says that this venue held the worlds first Smiths disco!

Jukebox Jury

Oh my god, that made me feel ill. I had to stop it half way through before reaching for the bucket!

I can't begin to think about how sad a person you would have be to obsess about something to that degree. All of The Smiths' beauty, originality and charm are in their records. The fact that these dorks feel like they are getting closer to the Smiths by taking a tour bus and visiting signs and builings is very sad and desperate.

I mean I own every album on vinyl and every album and single of Mozzer's solo stuff on vinyl as well ut I wouldn't be be caught dead on that bus

The Love of The Smiths and Morrissey is inside you. It ain't written on the walls while trhe wheels of the bus go round and round, round and round............

Yes this is just my opinion but it also happens to be the truth which gives it that extra ooomph!!!

Last edited:
oh my god...
...the last minute of that made me really really worried.
i think morrissey's worst nightmare is to get stuck with a crowd like that...imagine he accidentaly walked into the place..they'd eat him alive like night of the living dead....
...kind of scary. it's a religion. morrissey is a saint. the end.

Back
Top Bottom